Author Topic: Upkeep, Under level 26  (Read 3073 times)

Offline JiblyjibjibJiblet

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep, Under level 26
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 02:01:12 pm »
The thing is, why would you do it if not for the edge you get for having no upkeep, if you wernt exploiting this fact you wouldnt do it in the first place.
and dont say some bullshit response like 'im testing new builds' cos its a load of rubbish.

Like you said you dont need to keep respeccing to earn your money, so stop exploiting it. Simple.

Having money removed from you would be your just desserts, it's your own fault. Although you may have made most of your money from wise decisions on the marketplace, over 2 months you earn a shitload with no upkeep.

There is only 1 reason you keep respeccing like that, and its obvious, your not fooling anyone.

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 02:13:27 pm »
+1
You've basically ignored everything I've written, and spouted off your own gibberish. For the last time: I respec because I like to change play styles. That's the reason I deleted my Mordaunt_V character when STF first came in, so I could change play styles frequently, back when you had to just have one character for STF. That character had four heirloom points and was gen 6. You tell me I do this shit just for money? I would make far more money retiring and selling heirlooms. I would have squillions by now. I don't. I have 50k plus a single +1 heirloom. Stop trying to ruin a legitimate play style just because it isn't yours.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 09:22:26 pm »
Not having to pay upkeep until lvl 26 is there to help out new players building up a certain amount of gold and buy decent gear before they start paying upkeep. If you're not a new player and u re-spec'ed X number of times, then you are exploiting this. I agree that you're not making tons of money but you're still exploiting a "tax-free" way of playing with whatever gear you want which, with the amount of time you played the game, you should not be able to do. We don't care about the amount of gold you have, you still exploited something that was there for new players, not for anybody to play as he likes (ex: black armor on plated charger) without loosing money.

You can also use the STF fonction. You can't say you exploited this to test out new builds.

Offline Nydiadus

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 09:29:18 pm »
Another way would be, that you always pay tax if costs reach a certain level. Doesn´t matter then if you are below or above level 26. Could be a value around 15k~

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:46 pm »
The simplest solution would be to just do what vibe said and remove no-upkeep as soon as you respec. It's actually incredibly simple to implement as well. Just add a flag in the conditional for ignoring upkeep that gets set whenever you respec. However, even though it could be done in minutes, it will still be days if not weeks of fun of lol respec characters. To be honest, I think these characters have actually made the game slightly more fun. But maybe that's just because it hasn't gotten old for me yet. Maybe I'll luck out and have them disappear as soon as I get bored of them

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »
people are exploiting it to play crpg the way they want to, with all the armour and cool stuff without having to worry about stupid penalties. Back in the day crpg didnt have upkeep and there were a few plated dudes running around.

Upkeep makes this game only half as cool as it could be.

Upkeep was implemented with good reason. Numerous AUS players abuse the 'no upkeep' system. Daniel_San, perhaps even Rogue_Duellist?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:03:45 am by Black Wind »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 06:27:58 pm »
ya there should be a respec limit and the problem is solved

i wonder how many tin cans would disappear lol

ive actually seen a full plate on a plated charger....shooting a cross bow.........thank god he sucked ass assuming he lost what little wpf he had to his armor
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:00:03 am »
how bout we can buy ingame gold for real money? would solve all the upkeep whining  :mrgreen:

/troll off

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »
how bout we can buy ingame gold for real money? would solve all the upkeep whining  :mrgreen:

/troll off

This is not about "upkeep whinning" but whinning against ppl that can get away from upkeep. Anyway, I saw a couple of devs posts saying it will be fixed soon. No more no-upkeep exploiters soon  :P

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 10:35:52 pm »
That might even be legal (selling ingame gold for real money), as you can only spend this gold on the website, not in the mod.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 11:12:34 pm »
It's not only plated chargers or other cav.

The amount of people with full plate and flamberge or something similar has also increased. Currently playing on server 1 and there were about 8 guys with full plate, most of them having names I've seldomly seen before :/

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 11:23:24 pm »
the whole reason the upkeep was put up to stop these people,now they found a loophole in the system to continue doing it....

so y is we were whining?
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:51 pm »
+1
The thing is, why would you do it if not for the edge you get for having no upkeep, if you wernt exploiting this fact you wouldnt do it in the first place.
and dont say some bullshit response like 'im testing new builds' cos its a load of rubbish.

Like you said you dont need to keep respeccing to earn your money, so stop exploiting it. Simple.

Having money removed from you would be your just desserts, it's your own fault. Although you may have made most of your money from wise decisions on the marketplace, over 2 months you earn a shitload with no upkeep.

There is only 1 reason you keep respeccing like that, and its obvious, your not fooling anyone.

I've kept myself between level 22 and 28 for about a month by respecing to test new builds.

I'm not gen 1.

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 07:34:06 am »
isn't having reduced/lowered stats a tradeoff for having good armour and shit?

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 07:41:35 am »
Well i personally do see this as a whine, as the people say: buu huu they dont have to pay and i do  :twisted:

just get over it, those 4lvls can complete your build and as you will have more points totall, you are in advantage already, just use it:) If they want to go plateflambergs on lvl <26, let em...not like its not fun ganking em/being ganked by 3 flamcans  :mrgreen: