Author Topic: Upkeep, Under level 26  (Read 3072 times)

Offline JiblyjibjibJiblet

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep, Under level 26
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:06:10 pm »
+2
I believe this needs to be changed.
lvl 26 people exploiting it by respeccing to continuesly wear high end expensive gear round after round.
for example. on our Australian server we have 1 person who continuesly uses cata, full milanese. And those 5 other levels do not do jackshit to a decent player. Especially to a cav who can be basically unaffected by the 5 less levels. When he is dismounted he just turtles behind his shield and backpeddles etc.

I reckon it should be lowered to 20-21. You earn more than enough money as you reach that level.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep, Under level 26
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:19:21 pm »
To be honest I've noticed quite a lot of heavy cav on EU1 lately too... It's ok when there's one elephant tincan around, but when there's 5+...
No upkeep should stay until lvl 26, but after first respec that bonus should be gone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:21:05 pm by Vibe »

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:12:36 am »
people are exploiting it to play crpg the way they want to, with all the armour and cool stuff without having to worry about stupid penalties. Back in the day crpg didnt have upkeep and there were a few plated dudes running around.

Upkeep makes this game only half as cool as it could be.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:33:54 am »
Will be fixed soon. Will probably send some pocket thieves to the exploiters, too.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 12:40:15 am »
+2
I'd agree with moving it to level 20 or 18 or so.  I know people who did a respec of their first character at around level 25 just to build up more cash.  I could certainly see someone doing this over and over and over.

In the long run you'd be better off just retiring and building up a full suit of heirloomed gear but in the short run INFINITE MONEY.

Stopping it at level 18 would give new players a decent leg up on cash without creating such a potential to be a permanent tin can.

And yes, I am a fan of upkeep.  A game of 100% tin cans would lack the variety that helps make the game appealing.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:02 am »
To be honest I've noticed quite a lot of heavy cav on EU1 lately too... It's ok when there's one elephant tincan around, but when there's 5+...
No upkeep should stay until lvl 26, but after first respec that bonus should be gone.

for instance i do play heavy cav now aswell, since i cannot ride any of the useful light horses due to recent changes in difficulty...do not blame something on stuff it might not be related to at all  :mrgreen: (i am certainly not lvl 25 or lower, nor gen 1, and most of the heavy cav people i see i know are higher gen aswell, so they are just having fun)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 01:33:11 am »
i dont understand why so many cav are so adverse to going 18/18
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 01:34:00 am »
i dont understand why so many cav are so adverse to going 18/18

you can have quite versatile build with 18/18, both for cav or others

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 01:45:53 am »
+1
I used to be 18 18 since the start of cRPG. I had to change to 15 21 to be able to use my loomed Arabian. I miss 18 18.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 05:00:35 am »
I've seen amazing number of people in full plate riding plated chargers for days long. This is definitely exploiting. There is no freaking way they can sustain such loss of gold even if they are freaking millionaires.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 05:09:24 am »
Since i started using heavy horse, i lost just like 20k on the long run, so it is not that bad at all, you know, it does not break every round and such :)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:38 pm »
remove respecc from gen 1

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 12:19:00 pm »
+1
Instead of crying about it jibly why don't you use that enhanced brain of yours and consider that retiring ONCE gives you enough money selling your heirloom even underpriced to afford full plated cav upkeep for an entire generation. "Exploiting" upkeep will make you maybe 20-30k between levels 21-26 (the level u go back to when u respec) and is definitely not the fastest way to make cash. For the record I respec to a completely new build every time I hit 26 as I have the attention span of a LETS RIDE BICYCLES!

Offline JiblyjibjibJiblet

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 12:46:33 pm »
Instead of crying about it jibly why don't you use that enhanced brain of yours and consider that retiring ONCE gives you enough money selling your heirloom even underpriced to afford full plated cav upkeep for an entire generation. "Exploiting" upkeep will make you maybe 20-30k between levels 21-26 (the level u go back to when u respec) and is definitely not the fastest way to make cash. For the record I respec to a completely new build every time I hit 26 as I have the attention span of a LETS RIDE BICYCLES!

Calm down now mordy mordy. I used my enhanced brain to recognize a problem with the current upkeep system that many others have noticed, i'm sorry if you don't like what will happen to you character.

I am to believe as you just confirmed to me ingame. Your main is the one you continuesly respec and keep under 26. Gen 1 ofc. And you talk alot ingame about stuff you sell in marketplace. Yes you change build alot, but your still exploiting the fact that you are losing no money with any of the gear you are using. With losing no money you gain more money to splooge in marketplace. i am to believe you also just bought an heirloomed long espada.

Yes ofcourse it may be easier to earn money by selling loom points. but you are going to lose that money pretty quick using high end gear cos you dont have the no upkeep under 26 rule anymore.
Were people like you and daniel san can keep under lvl 26 earn money, with that char as your main eventually you can buy all your heirlooms. and have fully heirloomed gear after a long time and still be able to have no upkeep on any of it.

post typed up quick between rounds of games so mite no make complete sense, but the general idea im trying to portray should be somewhere in that jumple of mumbojumbo

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 12:56:05 pm »
+1
I would have to play this non stop for about 12 months to get several million gold, enough for a few decent heirlooms. Besides, I make money on the market place through wise investments on non loomed gear, not splurging vast sums obtained by exploiting. I bought that espada by talking down the guy who was selling it, and I made the money trading plated chargers for the last two months. Thanks for your assumptions though. I don't care how they fix it, I agree it should be reduced to level 21 no upkeep, however I take offense to potentially having funds removed as if I was cheating.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:00:28 pm by Mordaunt »