Author Topic: Upkeep, Under level 26  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep, Under level 26
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 12:31:10 pm »
+1
isn't having reduced/lowered stats a tradeoff for having good armour and shit?

hmmmmmm full black armor tank guy who does not pay for it (or any other equipment he wants arb chargers etc)

or

guy who cant even afford full black armor but has 5 more points in skills n attributes........

i would have to say the full pl8 guy has the advantage just my opinion
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 05:59:41 am »
Will be fixed soon. Will probably send some pocket thieves to the exploiters, too.

Lame. :( First time I've been able to acutally get some new gear in ages. If this whole people wearing armour and riding horses thing is such a massive problem why not just remove them from the game.

I just respeced 2 of my chars. Made my main a 1h/shield/cav and changed my archer to try out 10PD and I still don't have and won't have enough wpf for a couple more lvls for all the PD. The only reason I felt okay about deleting over 9000 million xp was not coping up keep while I rebuilt my main (the archers upkeep costs are non existant anyway).

The no upkeep untill you are into the final stretch is a blessing not a curse. It allows you to play with your build more and really test stuff out.

I remember under the old, dictatorial regime of upkeep that I would spend hours and hours in peasant gear with a god damn stick just so I would get some new armour. It took me almost a week to get a set of heraldic transitional, I gave up on ever getting a horse, and then I just whored myself on the street untill a friend would front me the gold.

Please chadz don't throw us back into that nightmare.

So again I say, please, please, please don't listen to the whining anitpodean wretch! Reduce the lvl to 25 or 24 but don't ditch it all together, its a good thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

The one thing I still don't understand at all is this idea about allowing people to play what ever build they like but at the same time forcing everybody into the same narrow band of gear and skill set ups. Its starting to feel more and more like a slight change on native than its own unique multiplayer experience. I know strat is coming but that means little when the strat servers will be behind 400ping high wall of lag.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:22:11 am by dangah »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 07:48:53 am »
OH EM GEE! ITZ GETTN WORSE!

Suck me sideways! More and more people are abusing this mechanism! Currently, even one of the admins is doing it too! WTF!!!

List in Australia:
-Daniel_San
-n00b_Rogue_Duellist
-Archers_are_so_very_lame (admin)

Out of the typical 12 or so players we have at any given moment, you could imagine how immensely the balance would be bent over and railed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 11:01:10 am »
dangah i do not think they mean they will remove the respec.  i think its gonna be set up in a way that if you do it a certain amount of times you will have to start paying upkeep.it will still be there...its just its not free anymore if your under 25

but thats just what ive gotten it i cant really speak for the devs
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q