Author Topic: About adding new items in cRPG (mostly a message to the Item Team)  (Read 8427 times)

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: About adding new items in cRPG (mostly a message to the Item Team)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 08:01:12 am »
@Vingnir the Wanderer
I think this is not a thread to argue about cRPG timeperiod.
As for Janissaries: There are not many sources, how Janissaries looked before 15.century.
Mainly because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Auspicious_Incident

Back on Topic..
(click to show/hide)

This one looks really good.I've seen the model in previous patch(0.234) and wondered why they didnt add it.
Would also like to see other Byzantine Stuff getting added to the mod.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 12:28:08 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ottoman_Mamluk_horseman_circa_1550.jpg the helmet.

In any case, bump for.....uh....what was the word....................... justice !

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:25 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ottoman_Mamluk_horseman_circa_1550.jpg the helmet.

In any case, bump for.....uh....what was the word....................... justice !

Just for the record:  lol

dunno about the chichak in 2.4, i'm guessing mid-late 15th to??

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 01:28:51 pm »
this is like one of those votes people make which have zero impact on anything :mrgreen:

crpg development has it's special ways  :mrgreen:

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 01:48:56 pm »
this is like one of those votes people make which have zero impact on anything :mrgreen:

crpg development has it's special ways  :mrgreen:
Ways of ignoring people and treating them like you're (i'm not adressing it to you personally) doing them a huge favor and than forgetting what you were supposed to do. Yes, i am aware of these "mysterious ways". All i'm saying is, if this ways stay , less and less people would be willing to spend their time working on new items for the mod.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 01:51:39 pm »
hmm, the way these look, don't add them unless you want people to look FUCKING AWESOME!
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 01:53:34 pm »
just saying threads like these don't change anything.
i am all for adding as many items as possible myself  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:54:56 pm by Meow »

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 02:23:15 pm »
+1
Lets not diverge from the main topic here. If you would like to discuss the historical accuracy of the game open a thread on the forum, if you want to discuss the historical background of items open a book and read it.

I completely support Ujin and his thoughts. In the latest patch, a bunch of Turkish helmets have been added, you all know that. Its the result of a damn long procedure including many approaches. Though I really do not know which one bested, all I can say that it was a long and tiring procedure for both the demanding side ( we, public, the mob! ) and the developer team.

As Ujin have pointed out, players are giving a lot of their time to design and build these models. Of course, the time and effort they give may not be compared with the developer team itself, but still, they do.

So it is much clear that, apart from developers' additions, the community itself is the one that changes the dynamics of the game. All the suggestion corners, polls, whines and trolls do change the course of the game. And developer team has foreseen this and built the game mechanics and forum itself upon that.

What I could suggest is to open an official "New Items" forum page. To make things easier for you ( developer team ), clearly list the requirements of the suggested items, like the amount of polys, the render level, the quality etc etc; technical stuff that only you and an experienced designer could understand. If done, this forum thread will only be populated with serious inputs from the users, not imaginary posts like "wouldn't it be great if we had flying carpets?" Maybe then, the addition of new items could be regulated and made easier for both sides.

This is a win-win situation. Community gets their new items and developer team gains reputation, not motherload of swears :)

Sealed.
BattalGazi

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 03:08:00 pm »
Responce to a part of Tenne's post from the "bad/ good stuff about this patch " topic

- Broken textures each time, even if you asked some members of the community to test the models were implemented corrcetly before the release, so that when the patch is released, they'd work correctly the first time, that would be brilliant.
- The moaning coupled with not adding all the textures submitted by people, just relax, they can't throw everything in at once, I know that a lot of the time everything should already have been done, but these guys do this for free, it's not their job. If it were Blizzard or something, then you can complain that it's broken! :P

(c) Tennenoth

Tennenoth, as much as i respect your opinion, i dare you to make some models and try to get them in the mod first. This is not the first time we're doing it and not the first time we experience the same old problems as usual. It IS rather frustrating, trust me. And it DOES bring people away from willing to do something again. It is not a simple moan, it is an issue that many people have stumbled upon numerous times. As for the job part, i've mentioned it in my first post, i do realise it. You should , however, realise , that the players do most of the work for the Item Team when they make the items. It is not their job either.

p.s. i like BattalGazi's suggestion
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:15:11 pm by Ujin »

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:19 pm »
The thing that essentially makes cRPG great is its character development and its item variaty. So yes definately approved.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »
Soooo... Osprey says theyre 16-18th century.

And your saying they're wrong, they used them 3 centuries earlier and are the same, and thus want them in the mod,

Do you have a source for your claim?  Or, is this just what you'd like to believe?

and personally making logical, not entertaining TO YOU, armor items, is, what I and alot of other people like.

Especially ones that you know, are period correct, and dont break the whole idea of fighting a medieval schirmish;

But whatever, I'll leave you with:  Most players I'm pretty sure, would like to see FIRST, the addition of things that actually fit into the time period. Dont bother argueing the Milanese w/ me, I'd love to see it removed and replaced with a earlier plate armor set, so, thats not much of an arguement other than its rediculous, so you want to make things even more rediculous..  :rolleyes:
are you a 13 years old angry german kid that tries find my sentences false sides ?
I didnt say my sources are wrong.Let me help you http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ottoman+boerks
Please dont come here and try to argue with us while u know nothing about what are you talking.

Making opposition for nothing is pointless.Get your iq up i didnt say its entertainment for me.It will entertainment for all turks and im sure the community will be pleased.
I hope u wont type anything to this thread if anyone got serious reply keep on.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 04:07:37 pm »
Derailing the derailing here  :mrgreen:

My god, I was wicked excited when I found out there would be new equipment too!  Imagine if, consistently, along with mechanics and gameplay changes, we would find out that certain arms and armors had been added to the mod as well.  Each time character customization has options added, the game takes on a whole new feel -- sure, deli caps have started a fad that borders on the retarded, and at worst, the cultish, but it's a good expression of part of the major value of the mod:

My character is a Barbie doll, let me dress it as I wish.

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:35 pm »
So, who want to hear about weaboo weapons we submitted in feb after receiving green light from Dev team? :)

Shik is one mean & lazy son of a b**** ©.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:52:18 pm by Arked »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:32 pm »
This really make this community unwillingly to supply this mod with good quality models, when the item team just doesn't put them in, while there is tons of ugly crap that noone uses.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »
+1
are you a 13 years old angry german kid that tries find my sentences false sides ?
I didnt say my sources are wrong.Let me help you http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ottoman+boerks
Please dont come here and try to argue with us while u know nothing about what are you talking.

Making opposition for nothing is pointless.Get your iq up i didnt say its entertainment for me.It will entertainment for all turks and im sure the community will be pleased.
I hope u wont type anything to this thread if anyone got serious reply keep on.

Um that link doesnt work.

And no, i'm not a mad 13 year old 'German kid' I'm a 42 year old that majored in medieval history.

Thanks for the insults and lack of objective response. Comments about my age my race and my IQ? your a real class act Cicero. High five! Very nice...

I guess opiions you dont want to hear are not welcome, thanks Dev team, I'm sure everyone but the HUGE Turkish community  :rolleyes: is super happy with the only items being added is 10 Turkish hats, 8 of them arguably bieng post crpg era. I'm sure the huge CRPG Turkish base of players is now satisfied, and the minority of the rest of the world that plays is so happy with the choices between a towel on your head, a towel on your head with a stick attached etc.

Ok, so now after dealing with a narrow minded nationalist, with self interested models and textures... Back on topic:

Look, the model and texture job is EXCELLENT.  However, we dont need 10 versions at the expense of adding something other than every version of the same turk helmet you can think of, and we need other stuff added, like Ujin said.  GET IT?

I could make a poll, and ask what would you rather have? 10 variations on 4 turk helmets, or  4 turk helmets, 3 byzantine helmets, and three other original helmets?

Please come back and argue with me that everyone would vote for the ten turk helmets so I can laugh in your face.

Carry on. Good luck, and good job.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:49:05 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »