Author Topic: FORMING MATURE CLAN  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
Re: FORMING MATURE CLAN
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 09:50:33 pm »
Alright here's a medieval Swiss Mercenary Company idea for the clan, see if you like it. The Swiss were also on the edge of the medieval era around 1400s to 1500s till the use of
guns changed everything for everyone. They usually wore a combination or mix of plated armor and vibrant colored clothing. They were known for pike formations and used long-ass swords like flamberges and used a variety of pole-axes and halberds. They also had side sword pretty much never used shields(gun ball made them obsolete by then). We pretty much have everything on cRPG in terms of clothing, armor and weaponary.

Here's some pics so you can get an idea of how they looked like. These pics vary in region and timespan of a few hundred years. But pretty much they were armies of the people(militia) and not paid professional soldiers and some wore full armor and fought on foot and some have little armor. Later on they were so revered and did hire out as mercenaries though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »
Well I for one think you're being a bit too generalizing, but I'm sure majority of younger people are just like you described. The trick is to filter them out, and a more radical way of filtering them out is I guess setting the age limit to 30.

In any case, good luck.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 10:01:06 pm »
Next up I'll post a samurai based clan.

Keep in mind, whatever theme I post the clan will fight like that theme. For example: if it's a highlander clan it'll be somewhat loosely formed combat units and the highlanders will charge mostly but stay together and go wild on the enemy. 

If it's Swiss Mercenary it'll be a mix of pike, halberd and long weapon formation and very rigid and non-penetrable, very phalanx type.

If it's samuria based then it'll be on horse fast and quick with lances and yumi bow and if on foot it'll be tight but flexible unit formations also with a mix of either samurai weapons and long spears(no throwing stars, that's ninja).

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:28 pm »
People under 30 can join and are welcomed. I just stated that I want 30 and up AS a FILTER, lol. The immature under 30 will AUTOMATICALLY get turned away
and only the intelligent and mature under 30 will want to join, lol.

The old farts over 30 I won't worry about cause they know they're old farts and don't bother with making trouble, they just want to have a serious good time. It's like those older men playing D&D and RPG combat games on those big minature boards they play on with little miniature figurines. Yeah, they look dumb but they want to play a good strategic type of combat game without the young hassle. You see those old guys mostly in those D&D places, lol. I'm not talking about the D&D people that think they're elves and wizards and shit, I'm talking about the older men that like war games.

Yeah, what you said lol. I think I restated what you said Bjord.

If I say FORMING CLAN! Then I'll get 12 year olds and tweens and twentieeens with severe personality issues want to join then I'll have a mess. If I put up the filter
they'll just be like "Ah, that's stupid" and skip over my post like they skip over most things, and I won't have to deal with them, lol.

See I'm getting smart feedback already from people like you who kinda figured it out.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 11:38:35 pm »
I see "mature", but I also see "RICK JAMES BITCH" under your avatar.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 03:16:46 am »
Lol, I'm very serious oolihacl,oooholichall......

I love the Joker, best Joker ever.

I love Dave Chappelle though. I'm serious when I play but I have a nutty humorous side too.

Just because I'm starting a mature clan doesn't mean it's gonna be full of people with colostomy bags, lol.

Offline BalrogBoru

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • High-King of the Celts
    • View Profile
    • [TNG] Túatha na nGael
  • Faction: Túatha na nGael
  • Game nicks: CuBalrog, Tuatha_BalorBoru, BalrogRoke
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 04:09:12 am »
Lol, I'm very serious oolihacl,oooholichall......

I love the Joker, best Joker ever.

I love Dave Chappelle though. I'm serious when I play but I have a nutty humorous side too.

Just because I'm starting a mature clan doesn't mean it's gonna be full of people with colostomy bags, lol.

Perhaps you should talk to the Cult of Mithras leader, you two have similar objectives it seems, why not merge to increase starting membership?
We are the free people! Túatha na nGeal! Abú!
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1773.0.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 04:52:04 am »
Alright here's the samurai theme that this clan may be, all depends on how everyone would vote. Although I did have an idea about forming 3 clans with these same 3 themes and all members of one would automatically be recruited in other two. One weekend we'd do Highlander night, one Samurai, one Swiss Company and so on. I like all 3 themes.

Remember whatever clan or clans we form, on that night all clan members would be in theme, no exceptions not European armor if samurai, but if you need money and can't afford you can still be in poorer gear but still have a Japanese looking face. And whatever characters they'd have for said clan they'd have a theme name too. If for this clan it would be a Japanese name(something tough and samurai sounding).

Wish they would get the flags going so we could either carry flags as polearms or wear armor samurai flags into battle. All you have to do is take the samurai armor and attach a small flag in Maya or 3d Studio Max or whatever 3d program you use before you bring it into the game engine. Attach a low poly flag to the samurai mesh and bring it in as one piece of armor and sell it as armor. Can be attached to the back so it doesn't interfere with shoulders or other movement.

SEVEN SAMURAI, a classic.

See the thing about all other clans are that they're just clan in name but are just a bunch of people running around with stupid names, wearing strange shit and acting immature most of the time but think they're better than everyone else just because they're in a clan. But really they don't accomplish shit in-game. It's like a tramp stamp, hey look I got a tramp stamp.

This clan will be a real clan, and not like all the other immiation clans or wannabe clans that ARE clans. Time for a real good clan with mature people and a good theme(or themes, hey i have 5 characters and can switch all to a certain theme if need be).

Alright guys let's see what themes you can come up with. Look up shit on wiki go crazy find something historically interesting.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 06:51:17 am »
Balrog, who's the Cult of Mithras leader?
What's his name? That way I can find him on member look up.
That actually sounds like a good idea teaming up with him and making a brand spanking new clan.
Like-minded people. We're not assholes, we're just like-minded people that want REAL clan people
and not the immitation shit that struts around with a clan tag.

Offline BalrogBoru

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • High-King of the Celts
    • View Profile
    • [TNG] Túatha na nGael
  • Faction: Túatha na nGael
  • Game nicks: CuBalrog, Tuatha_BalorBoru, BalrogRoke
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 07:53:11 am »
We are the free people! Túatha na nGeal! Abú!
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1773.0.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »
I think the best theme, would be multiple themes. Say for example, one minute you could all be wearing Swiss gear in a massive spear wall, the next minute you could decide you should all take shields and viking gear and make a shield wall or something.

Offline Lobster

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Lobster
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 01:28:03 pm »
Alright here's the samurai theme that this clan may be, all depends on how everyone would vote. Although I did have an idea about forming 3 clans with these same 3 themes and all members of one would automatically be recruited in other two. One weekend we'd do Highlander night, one Samurai, one Swiss Company and so on. I like all 3 themes.

Remember whatever clan or clans we form, on that night all clan members would be in theme, no exceptions not European armor if samurai, but if you need money and can't afford you can still be in poorer gear but still have a Japanese looking face. And whatever characters they'd have for said clan they'd have a theme name too. If for this clan it would be a Japanese name(something tough and samurai sounding).

Wish they would get the flags going so we could either carry flags as polearms or wear armor samurai flags into battle. All you have to do is take the samurai armor and attach a small flag in Maya or 3d Studio Max or whatever 3d program you use before you bring it into the game engine. Attach a low poly flag to the samurai mesh and bring it in as one piece of armor and sell it as armor. Can be attached to the back so it doesn't interfere with shoulders or other movement.

SEVEN SAMURAI, a classic.

See the thing about all other clans are that they're just clan in name but are just a bunch of people running around with stupid names, wearing strange shit and acting immature most of the time but think they're better than everyone else just because they're in a clan. But really they don't accomplish shit in-game. It's like a tramp stamp, hey look I got a tramp stamp.

This clan will be a real clan, and not like all the other immiation clans or wannabe clans that ARE clans. Time for a real good clan with mature people and a good theme(or themes, hey i have 5 characters and can switch all to a certain theme if need be).

Alright guys let's see what themes you can come up with. Look up shit on wiki go crazy find something historically interesting.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:08 am »
I think that's a great idea ToxicKilla. About switching gear, weapons and tactics during rounds. All the clan leader(or whoever is highest rank in clan) would say is "switch to Blah blah blah theme, and then the rest of the clan members would switch to said theme thus utilizing different tactics. I mean we have the gear for it. Not only can they do that between rounds but during the round: a pikeman can switch to an archer and back. [someone idiot is going to say, "uh you can't do that", and I'll have an anwser for them]

I have 5 characters and most of them have 2 or 3 different types and gear for it. Some can be cavalry, some can be ranged and some I can switch from one type to another depending on the map and the need of the team. So a mutil-themed clan is possible.

Cause what I see out there, in terms of clans, is pretty much nothing. WASTED PLAYERS AND WASTED EFFORT. I see a lot of clan tags but no tactics and rarely any theme whatsoever.

The only clans I've seen that remotely have an organized theme or battle tactic are LLJK and Fallen:

Fallen has this Mongol/Barbarian look and they mostly comprise of horn or nomad bowmen and just hang back and shoot, but do stick together(there are 1 or 2 swordsmen in there and ALL wear some sort of FUR on their armor/clothing).

LLJK I've seen make a formation of 5 or 6 bowmen wearing yellow sarranid gear with straw hats and would orders from a Black Knight, and they were pretty useful when they fought like that.

Other than those 2 clans amongst the thousands that we see out there, all players wearing clan tags are useless in battle.

:arrow:

See that's why I don't want to be in ANY clan because the dumbasses who make them usually just want ONE theme and are inflexible about it and definitely don't know shit about battlefield tactics(which do work in this game if done right). They just run around sporting clan tags like they're cooooooooooool and liquidate the clan/player recruiting pool.

This is why I want to have a flexible clan that can adopt many themes, but maybe keep to 3 or 4 themes that have a balanced mix of ranged, cavalry and infantry type classes.
I want this clan to have a general(something pertaining to combat) name and not some of the other stupid clan names that I see out there that don't mean shit or just sound cool and when read doesn't much say anything ABOUT the clan.

Oh, and we'll have a kickass banner. I used to work in games, know a lot about medieval and military history and I can come up with(or we can come up with) an awesome banner everyone else will want to copy. hmmmmmm, maybe I'll make some sample and post em, visuals usually attract people more, lol.

If you guys are reading this and are sick of your clan or your clan doesn't do crap or you have a buddy who's in a clan that wants out and wants to join a REAL one that will be a formidable clan or if there are any non-clan people who want to join a democratic type of clan that:

has ranks earned the old way(by time, merit and battlefield bravery)
a good theme(s)
no bullshit
no immature players(they'll be executed)
will teach and practice battlefield tactics
good times and good comradeship

then message me and just say, "I wanna join".
You don't have to suck dick like you do with other clans or bring your kneepads or, no fees or any other bullshit like that, or beg or ask, "are you guys recruiting can I please join"
or any number of silly things I hear clan members say to other non-clan members out there about joining.

And, don't worry I'll weed out the assholes as we go along.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 08:46:13 am »
We once had around 5-6 of us in ENG making pike walls across bridges and various other choke-points which was quite effective, we were all dressed the same too, Red Gambeson and Morion. Tactics are easy to do, it's just getting the members which is the hardest part.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:48:30 am by ToxicKilla »

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 09:09:02 am »
We once had around 5-6 of us in ENG making pike walls across bridges and various other choke-points which was quite effective, we were all dressed the same too, Red Gambeson and Morion. Tactics are easy to do, it's just getting the members which is the hardest part.
Yeah, finding the members with the dedication to stay and play regularly is going to be very difficult, probably the most difficult part. If you find even 2 or 3 guys who listen up and get along, you'll have a solid grounding, and could look appealing.
Professional poop cleaner