Author Topic: FORMING MATURE CLAN  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
FORMING MATURE CLAN
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:57 am »
I don't know if I'm suppose to put this type of post here. I hope the post police don't come into my home and arrest me lol. I'll put a similar post in the Clan Hall forum or whatever it's called. I didn't know whether that's for established clans or not.

I want to start up a 30yrs and older clan. For mature people 30 years and older, not that your character has to be age 30 and older.

I'm doing this cause first I wanted to have my own banner other than the given choice of banners.

The second and real reason is there's lots of young kids, tweens and college kids playing this game and I can tell when they speak in team or in-game chat and they're usually uncooperative in terms of teamplay or are just spamming the chat like crazy with stfu's and other kid lingo and/or are always TKing or ruining the game for everyone else. I'm in my early 30's and I'm past all that immature bullshit and I know players my age and older are too, it's a given.

I know that there are mature players out there that are under 30 and they are MORE than WELCOMED to join. I watch people play online through spectator or when I get killed so I can watch to see how they are with other players and decide if they can join or not. It's very simple, if you play seriously and don't act like a little prick and mouth off and TK cause you think it's fun you can pretty much join the clan.

And, it will be our clan, not MY clan. It hasn't been established yet and I will take suggestions for clan and banner name and other things.

The only thing I want is this:

That it be a mature clan.
That the banner and name complement each other.
That the banner and name be derived from medieval resource or that it is medieval in sense(don't want it to be Penis_Clan or something stupid) lol.
That we play seriously and use medieval tactics and formations.
That we wear identical clothing when using our CLAN character(I have 5 characters and I'm sure you can make one just for our clan)Clothes to be determined.
That there be a heirchy/heiarchy? lol, when Clan is in-game so as to follow orders and such. There will be ranks and whoever outranks will lead that night.
That we be respectful and keep your hands and objects to yourselves.
That we show everyone else playing that we can form up IN FORMATION and such, shield up, fight like a unit and kick ass(or fight loosely, whatever tactic is needed).
AAANNNNNNNDD.....
That when OUR clan is on a team, that team always wins and people will know WHY they won(if there's one member and we lose that's ok lol).

Now I'm an artist and I have computer art experience and I can make a kick ass banner, that will definitely look right when wearing heraldic armor(most banners have the design squeezed at the waist and it looks funny). But, I will take ideas and see ideas. Remember let's make it authentic medieval. Nothing too easily recognizable like Templars or Knights! lol.

If interested send me a message to my inbox. I check forums and inbox every couple of days, but I play everyday pretty much so you can talk to me in-game when I use my other characters:

Volos, Volossa, Brun, Ashalem, Vorexukouren(think that's how it's spelled)

If you send me an spam or offensive email I'll just delete it and report you for harrassment so don't even bother.
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: FORMING MATURE CLAN
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:23:25 am »
Good luck.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:39 am »
This is funny
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:37:37 am »

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:42 am »

Offline BalrogBoru

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • High-King of the Celts
    • View Profile
    • [TNG] Túatha na nGael
  • Faction: Túatha na nGael
  • Game nicks: CuBalrog, Tuatha_BalorBoru, BalrogRoke
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 12:54:04 am »
Good luck with it!

Clearly this is serious, it doesn't take a genius to realise that.
We are the free people! Túatha na nGeal! Abú!
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1773.0.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:27:47 am »
Agist!

However, I understand the sentiment. I find it interesting that most clans tend to be led by college kids, who usually manage to keep the peace between the under-20 and the married-with-kids contingent. Besides, that age group tends to have the most time...hrm, right. Not a clan we can expect to see in Strategus, eh?

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 03:40:23 am »
Actually I haven't played a strategus battle, but have wanted to. I got on one once and saw there were hundreds of either AI or people fighting and I waited for like 15 min to get on a teamand never got on, then I typed in the EVERYONE chat "how do i choose a team?" and some idiot said STFU! so I left. Then I heard you have to sign up for strategus, so I'm like, Why do I need to sign up?

I usually get on NA1 or EU1 and fight in Battle. I like BIG battles. I've been playing a few months or so.

I'd do strategus, just have to find out about it more. I know there's stuff to build and that sounds great. I'm all about strategy and tactics, and if that's how strategus is our clan would definitely do that. The strategus sounds great, it's the getting on that's retarted.

Your replies sounds like you're interested in joining Reyiz, Balrog and Kalam. Wanna join? lol I needz people!
I know Tears of Destiny is in Fallen but he could join too via another character he makes, wink wink.

Now concerning time, I'm a stay at home dad, so I have alllllll   the time in the world lol.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 03:47:54 am »

Your replies sounds like you're interested in joining Reyiz, Balrog and Kalam. Wanna join? lol I needz people!
I know Tears of Destiny is in Fallen but he could join too via another character he makes, wink wink.

Alas, penis jokes still induce laughter.

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daniel
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 03:52:56 am »

Now concerning time, I'm a stay at home dad, so I have alllllll   the time in the world lol.

lol.

But good luck.

Offline BalrogBoru

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • High-King of the Celts
    • View Profile
    • [TNG] Túatha na nGael
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 03:59:26 am »
Tbh until I find out for certain what chadz is doing with these recent cav nerfs I'm not sure I'll be playing any of my alts anymore. Sorry bud but seeing as I hate playing ranged, my main 2h is probably going to be my only char from now on.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 09:02:40 pm »
You should hang on a while longer, they just put in version 1.240 yesterday and I tried it last night. It seemed ok. I didn't see any major combat changes.

Some things were changed but I feel that the developers are trying to make it more realistic and less gamey. I think they're trying to eliminate any hacks
or people trying to get easy kills with cavalry and other things. Think they're trying to make it less like other shooter games where kills are too easy and it's
nothing but spawning and killing and getting killed and over and over.

Kind of like Black Ops where you spwn, kill, get killed, spwn, EXPLOSION!, spwn, get killed, kill, spwn, and on and on, lol.

It's very team based and more so but lots of people don't see that it is. Think they're trying to tell everyone that we'll have to work together more in-game. I've worked in games before and I immedietly saw the potential of this game and the mod, that's why I play it. In terms of a team-based medieval combat game that is.

Most of my characters have horses and I noticed the difficulty got raised but that's ok, I'll try it out and see how it is. My horse got jacked on one of my characters and I'll have to wait a level to up the Riding again, but that's fine.

The only thing that I couldn't do was block with my long spear which is fine, I wouldn't expect anyone in real life try to make a block with a long spear or pike for that matter. I'm sure the pike block got eliminated also but  that's fine too(I have at least one anti-horse weapon on all characters). It's how combat was back then anyhow. It's hard enough to try to make a block in real life with a simple six-foot staff let alone a eight to 10 or more foot pike or spear.

They'll probably get lots of complaints(I've seen some on forums already directed at chadz lol) and work out the kinks and all the other stuff that got changed. It's a process it'll get ironed out. I think the developers have actually been reading the suggestion forum and have now suddenly started to implement suggested changes.

Hang on a little more Balrog the game will get better. I'm still waiting for my suggestions of actual flags to carry during battle, lol.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »
Just want to let people know who are reading this that I'm gonna post some potential name and related theme for the clan on here with pics and stuff.
I have some floating about my head already and will post em soon, probably tommorrow or later today.

If you have any suggestions just post em up on here too. Remember nothing silly, has to be medieval. Unless it's very funny and which we WON'T use for the clan and you CAN
post it just to make everyone laugh though.

Oh geeez, hear we go.......

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 02:32:01 am »
+1
Alright this is one idea I've had bouncing around in my head since I first did this post. It's kind of funny cause it's a joke actually.
I have on my profile that I'm from the Clan MacLeod(like highlander movie) but I say I'm kidding cause it meant to be a joke, I'm not in a clan and don't like the whole clan thing, but I'm making one now, go figure.

I started thinking about it and I thought it might be a great idea for a clan theme. It still sticks with the medieval era since it borders the middle ages at about 1500s
which was about the end of that era, after that in the 1600s and up you had heavy use of guns and all that stuff.

Anyway, here are some pics about how the your clan character would look like, or some deviation like it. There's plenty of beards and hairstyles to have variety in terms of faces and everyone would have to have a "Scottish" sounding name, or Gaelic I presume since that's their native tounge apart from English. Names like Amhalghaidh, Donnchadh, Taraghlan and other unpronouncable names like those, lol.

There's lots of weaponry available that's very "Braveheart" and Highlander type and there's some clothing that can match these pics too. Remember, it's not the clothes or armor that really counts in-game it's the weaponary and skill used that gets kills.

I know we don't have kilts, so something like the Bjyrna, Light or Heavy Kuyak or even the new Kazakh Outfit(which looks like the Kuyak, lol) or the Rawhide would be fine. I'd go more with the Light Kuyak since it has a type of fur cape.

Hey, how about that, I got this image from a Warband forum site lol.

This is one of the character's face in the Highlander movie.

Now the Braveheart movie was a bit off in terms of historical accuracy, so I'd go more with the Highlander movie look.

REMEMBER, THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION OF THE CLAN.

I plan to post a few more TOTALLY different clan themes I have in mind so look for them soon and I will take suggestions too so just post em.

Offline BalrogBoru

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • High-King of the Celts
    • View Profile
    • [TNG] Túatha na nGael
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 04:39:56 am »
I suggest you put those pics in a
(click to show/hide)
tag.

As for the update, I won't bother posting my complaints here in case your clan takes off. Don't want to spam it with useless info.

Tuatha(my clan) is a Celt based clan so if you need any help just let me know, we're always glad to help like-minded individuals.

Once again, good luck with it. The more Gaelic clans we get going in here, the more likely it is that chadz will eventually add some real celtic armours like the ones you've posted in those pics.