Author Topic: removing k/d scoreboard  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1866
  • Infamy: 881
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: removing k/d scoreboard
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 11:10:16 pm »
+1
Why stop with assists. Either way they would have to tweak the game, to make separate database. In that case adding assists, successful blocks, damage dealt, damage taken wouldn't be an issue (I think...) Also ideal if would be if they could calculate some score based on all those categories like in TF2, score which will show true impact on the battle, not just  (stolen) kills...

I believe this is Paul's area of expertise, he can give us the answer is it possible or not, and is he willing to do it? :D

I would like to see mileage, hit/miss relation (if possible), our favourite weapon, our favourite prey, our worst enemy and such stats.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:11:56 pm by Leshma »

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 11:29:52 pm »
I agree with the idea about TEAM PLAY. I see a lot of people playing as if they were only on just to get kills and ignore the team whether it's a rider bumping over everyone just to get another kill or a ranged person just shooting everyone(especially teammates in the back) he can and not shooting the enemy where necessary or infantry that just swings like crazy not caring whether he's hitting his teammates next to him in order to get kills.

I do check the kill death ratio to see if I actually got a kill that I'm not sure of(I'll hear the huuuuuuuuuuugh! but not sure if it was a kill). Or if just to see how I'm doing.

I usually don't care about my kill death ratio, the way I play is that I play to make sure my team wins whether I get kills or not. My team wins I make money.

Sometimes I run into a mob of enemy and have them kill me to distract them a little so my team can flank them or group up. Or I have enemy chase me to make em not
concentrate on lone archers or I have their cavalry chase me far away so my team can again regroup. A lot of times I'll be cavalry and try to draw or spread the enemy out and not even engage them, just have them concentrate on me until my team out-maneuvers them. Whether I get kills or not, I don't care as long as my team wins. MORE MONEY FOR ME!

I think there are lots of dicks out there who only want kills, I watch people play to see how they play. No wonder they charge or say stupid shit like stfu when I suggest tactics. They just want to charge and get whole kills not just make a shieldwall or pike and stop a horse while someone else gets the kill.
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 03:21:45 am »
+1
Some people are saying some stupid things without thinking about the idea properly, sure, not everyone is going to agree with the idea, but when you say stuff like "don't look at scoreboard then" it's obvious you have not even tried to comprehend what was said.

The reasoning behind it is not because me or those that agree with me don't care about k/d ratio, but it's because if there was no k/d on the scoreboard, alot of people wouldn't feel they need to uphold their massive e-peen trying to top the board every game, simply kill hunting with no concern for the team.

I could go with a more basic reply to those that say "don't look at scoreboard", you want to see k/d ratio? you can have a website scoreboard with a more detailed top players list, there you can see all of your stats, what reason do you need to see your k/d ingame other than you want to flash your epeen to everyone?, considering your k/d ratio is of no concern to anyone else and only the teams victory is.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:22:53 am by Leesin »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 03:27:34 am »
Uh, seeing how well you're doing in that particular game, for instance? It's a stupid suggestion (no offense) that would not change anything. Rambo's will still be rambo's and everyone will still want to be killing, even if the scoreboard doesn't show the kills. And are you going to remove the thing that shows who died and who killed who as well? If not, then how would anything change?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:38 am »
If they add a score based on kills within a certain range I will be determined to stand as close to teammates who are fighting as possible without doing anything.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 03:43:38 am »
I like the scoreboard. It's nice to see which players are doing the most damage to your team so you can get a bunch of guys to gang up on them.

I would like to see assists added. Support classes get so little love on the score bored.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 04:20:39 am »
+1
I'm the greatest, something like Ali in his prime.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:59 am »
I agree, it doesn't even track on all of the servers, only the community ones.  Nobody cares about the stats (I would sincerely hope), and would love to see them go.  K/D ratio will always remain on your character page, for your own information, which is plenty, and resets on retirement. 

As long as the common understanding is that the online statistics are just for shits and giggles and don't mean a thing, they don't really hurt anyone either.  It was really bad when you could see everybody's alts, based on CD keys on there.

For example though, and sorry to throw any certain individuals into the spotlight:

One of NA's best longbowmen only comes out with a 1.0377 KDR (with a 21 killstreak!?) While our melee dudes sport 2.0 - 5.0 KDRs.  Just know the people you play with, and try to recognize what they contribute.  I think with the stats gone, people would do better not to refer to those for inflated expectations of people.

EDIT***

I'm thick... you meant the Tab scoreboard...  really?  That's a problem?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:49:34 am by Uumdi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 04:50:46 am »
No it is fine the way it is-

I like to use the k/d board to determine who sucks and who does not-

I believe it is a good way to determine raw skill
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:51:53 am by ManOfWar »
Just a soldier

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 05:08:51 am »
No it is fine the way it is-

I like to use the k/d board to determine who sucks and who does not-

I believe it is a good way to determine raw skill

Lol, not really, you can get awesome k/d ratio with build that require little skill. Plus someone could get an awesome k/d ratio with one build and get a bad with another, does not determine raw skill.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:10:38 am by Leesin »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 05:11:58 am »
I just love how jealous some people are :D
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:43 am »
I just love how jealous some people are :D

Jealous of what exactly ? :S. I have topped the boards on many occasion, not so often nowadays but I don't play no where near as much. You are either just trolling now or you cannot comprehend the point of the idea, either way if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, refrain from posting.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 05:55:06 am »
There is no point to this idea. Games have scoreboards for a reason. And last I saw, you weren't a moderator, so why don'tchu refrain from posting.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 06:03:32 am »
There is no point to this idea. Games have scoreboards for a reason. And last I saw, you weren't a moderator, so why don'tchu refrain from posting.

There is a point to this idea, to encourage teamwork rather than people trying to impress everyone with their k/d ratio. You can have a scoreboard on the website to compaire epeens. Also, the refraining from posting part is because if you're only going to make off topic or borderline flaming posts, don't bother posting at all, not only is it against rules, it's just childish.

Much like if I were to point out right now you are boasting an amazing 2-5 score whilst I am 9-2 on a level 20 hybrid character.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 06:07:58 am »
It wouldn't encourage teamwork at all, that's just dumb. Let's remove helmets instead, that'd encourage teamwork more.

It's also 2-8 atm, FYI.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.