Author Topic: removing k/d scoreboard  (Read 3789 times)

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: removing k/d scoreboard
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 06:36:55 pm »
I don't think I understand the win/loss statistic as being very valuable.

You do not understand why it is valuable to track the only in game factor that has a persistent effect on character development in a RPG?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 06:51:31 pm »
I propose the scoreboard only keep track of the number of times people type "Penis" on the server.  That is all.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »
Meh how you gonna sort players then ?
By alphabetically ?
I think sorting by points would be good.Points would be gained by various factors like kills,assists,critical assist,de-horsing enemy,capturing flag (Siege and Battle),headshot maybe point multiplier when you kill multiple enemies in short period of time if you team hit,that breaks your kill multiplier.Teamhits and team kills have negative effect on your total points gained.

Exp / Gold gain :
At the end of the map,your team's Win/Loss X your points gained = Experience points you gained.
Experience points gained / sacred chadz intiger = Your gold gain.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »
You do not understand why it is valuable to track the only in game factor that has a persistent effect on character development in a RPG?

As in, I don't understand it's evaluative function on an in-game scoreboard.  It would be interested to know such a thing, and it would a good thing to have on the cRPG character page, but on a match by match basis I don't see why one would ever press Tab to see specific or overall win/loss statistics.  Assists, however, would more demonstrably show an individual player's effect on a given map in a more holistic way than just kills.

My understanding of the role of a scoreboard in-game is to show the immediate and relevant statistics of players.  In some games this may include their level or rank, while in others it may show kills as a portion of overall kills in a deathmatch.  Assists in cRPG, though, would more accurately reflect the value of different players throughout in their particular roles on a given map (e.g. a lancer who spends most of a map dismounting many enemy cavalry may get 0 kills when in fact they helped their team significantly).

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:16 am »
i too dont think win/los would help as much seeing how in crpg very rarely can be the "crutch" character.

it was merely an example but then again maybe if these people see that score they would try more to attain victory rather then kills

"2/1 k/d........WTF 1/5 W/L!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn it now i have to GO to flag wtf"

^^^just maybe this will happen if there score is so important to them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q