Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 25239 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: fair cav behavior on battle servers
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »
Im dont know who you talking about in your post torben.

but this is a topic about fair cav behavior and people wonder why cav have bad reputation. im not talking about gk skill or whatsoever. I'm just pointing what creates the outrage,spawnraping, valid tactic or not this isnt so much the point.

there was a question, there is the answer. Please dont act like a 3 year old plugging his ears with his fingers going "lalalalalacanthearyoulalalalala"

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »
Edit: Actually, I suppose I follow all of the precepts in the original post.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:53:51 pm by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2012, 04:06:25 pm »
mleke, have you read all the ther posts?

I dont care about afkers. But anyway it seems you play only for the win, some play for fun (true story)
and gurnisson pointed it out very well. It isnt fun to be cav spawned raped. And dont bullshit me, killing stragglers is no way a teamplay idea, its just a way to get easy kills for KDR.
Been there, done that

i play for money and looms,don't give a fuck about your fun. I don't get it how you ppl have fun i rage all the time. Usualy i rage when i encounter kerrigan or some HA.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2012, 04:24:37 pm »
I FUCKING LOVE THE GK! If there was a counter on website or ingame for horse kills, you would all see HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM! Horses are fodder for my game! I would rather shoot at distant cav than goony 2handers who are close. HA's ESPECIALLY, they eat arrows likes it is going out of fashion.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47:02 pm »
there was a question, there is the answer. Please dont act like a 3 year old plugging his ears with his fingers going "lalalalalacanthearyoulalalalala"

I have made my points not only clear and am trying to help create a better gaming climate,  I actually started this thread.  how can that be earplugging ^^

I just dont share your opinion that killing stragglers is bad.  I do share your opinion about Spawnraping.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Miranda

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Jeannie_d_Arc, GK_Kira_Rayl, Miranda
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2012, 04:55:08 pm »
+1
I do understand the "hate" for cav players. Thats why i try to keep the fight fair.
I see a AFK at spawn, I leave him be. I see a infantry --> i try to outmaneuver instead of bumpstunn him.

Sure i make mistakes. Sometimes i see a friendly inf and want to help him, which sometimes goes wrong and i take the heat from it. Perfectly understandable. And i apologize to one of the Merc of last night who was a bit mad at me for wounding him/her.

Im not playing cav to ruin your game, its just because i love riding my horse with my lance, and its the only thing im decent at at this game (not good, decent  :wink:)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:57:45 pm by Miranda »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »
tats all we want from our fellow players of any class.  play with reason.  ofc mistakes happen
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:17 pm »
+2
I do understand the "hate" for cav players.

Theres no hate for cav. We have contempt for spawnrapers of all kinds, but cav is so weakend at the moment, noone who has any experience at all hates cav. Their horses are onehit, their lances have lost 80% of their attack angle. I feel sorry for you guys.
I don't know enough

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:09 pm »
I am one of the cavs that genuinely feel bad if I bump someone and, even worse, cause him to die because of it. I apologize immediately after, usually even if some people hit M because I cannot be sure if they saw my bump as intentional or not.

Cav for me has a support function in battles, at least considering the lack of teamwork among cavs. If cav would actually form up together and concentrate on targets, they could tear apart fighting lines and flank formations successfully.

Being it is as it is right now where every cav fights for itself, you need to rely on the right opportunities to strike. Often this consists of attacking an enemy that is already engaged in a fight from the side or rear or hunting down oblivious flankers or stragglers.

Where I really try to help is if I see a teammate that is segregated from the group being overwhelmed by multiple enemies. It provides me with great joy to try and get at least some of the attackers off of him to give him a fighting chance or even defeat them together. Unfortunately as often as it works, it also gets me killed or sometimes the friendly guy steps in the way if my charge at the wrong moment and gets bumped and killed.

I think most people appreciate the help, if they realize it for what it is. Some people won't realize the intent to help though, because they are preoccupied with defending their ass, so the best intentions sometimes get unrewarded and I get reported.

But hey, that is part of the game and these challenges are what makes you better as a cav player.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Miranda

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Jeannie_d_Arc, GK_Kira_Rayl, Miranda
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »
+1
I am one of the cavs that genuinely feel bad if I bump someone and, even worse, cause him to die because of it. I apologize immediately after, usually even if some people hit M because I cannot be sure if they saw my bump as intentional or not.

Cav for me has a support function in battles, at least considering the lack of teamwork among cavs. If cav would actually form up together and concentrate on targets, they could tear apart fighting lines and flank formations successfully.

Being it is as it is right now where every cav fights for itself, you need to rely on the right opportunities to strike. Often this consists of attacking an enemy that is already engaged in a fight from the side or rear or hunting down oblivious flankers or stragglers.

Where I really try to help is if I see a teammate that is segregated from the group being overwhelmed by multiple enemies. It provides me with great joy to try and get at least some of the attackers off of him to give him a fighting chance or even defeat them together. Unfortunately as often as it works, it also gets me killed or sometimes the friendly guy steps in the way if my charge at the wrong moment and gets bumped and killed.

I think most people appreciate the help, if they realize it for what it is. Some people won't realize the intent to help though, because they are preoccupied with defending their ass, so the best intentions sometimes get unrewarded and I get reported.

But hey, that is part of the game and these challenges are what makes you better as a cav player.

You and I got exactly the same mindset and i salute you for it.

Personally i do try to work with fellow cav players and any GK player will tell you the same. I often pick a GK, or when there is none another cav player, and be his wingman so to speak .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:28:42 pm by Miranda »

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »
You and I got exactly the same mindset and i salute you for it.

Personally i do try to work with fellow cav players and any GK player will tell you the same. I often pick a GK or when there is none another cav player and be his wingman so to speak .

I would like to see the same teamwork going on the NA servers too. It's a great idea to just pick another cav and be his wingman, eliminates a lot of communication needs. I'll try that out, thanks! Maybe it starts a trend  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »
most of gk, have this mindset. but there are a few loose cannons as with all clans. We have language borders bieng a multinational clan so that also complicates things.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »
Most GK will work together. I know if there is more than one GK HA on I'll be sticking with them and working with them throughout. It is pretty awesome to see 10 GK on one team focusing on targets. Funny thing is half the time a lot of us aren't on TS...it just comes naturally  :wink: I think it's why when there used to be so many of us on we could carry a x5 for multiple maps. We had great individual players who got ridiculous scores anyway, but the teamwork was also great. I don't play enough to see it happen now though.

If it's just pubby though I see far less of this. The differences are simple things like when an enemy cav gets downed, pubbies will all charge for the kill and end up hurting eachother. Whereas GK would circle and time the strikes (although some of us get kill hungry sometimes :P). It would be nice to see pubbys working more like that. But it'll never happen.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39:12 pm »
to much posting, cant be bothered reading all.

start by less killing stragglers, and then the community will hate you less.

(and try to have a gk speak for all, i dont think someone feels like debatting with a horde of gk  :mrgreen: )

miranda, nice avatar  :mrgreen:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »
if cav didnt kill stragglers who would be killed? :P horses die in 1 shot :/ I rode behind an enemy for about 30 seconds yesterday before stabbing him and riding away :P if the guy cant look behind him once in 30 seconds he deserves it :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk