Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 25246 times)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: fair cav behavior on battle servers
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2012, 06:55:37 am »
Get a sword and learn to help your team mates, you reckless riders. Also map the "horse emergency stop" and you avoid many many many many many  bumps. You also will die more, many times due to some retarded team mate you tried to avoid. But it just feels good and its what you have to do. If you are brave to kill, be brave to die. That other player shouldnt  be screwed coz you fucked it up. Just try to die with dignity. Do the right thing. Sometimes i die just apoligizin in middle of game, or coz i get stop by myself in middle of the worst place. Yet im fine with myself, since i know i have done what i had to do. Even if my team losses due having a rider less. After all is a game, if we dont do the right thing here... where will we do it?.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2012, 06:57:08 am »
I would like to have everyone being invulnerable after spawning during the time you can spawn on the server (1st 59 seconds or what was it?) + 30 seconds more to be able to walk safely towards his teammates without being ganked by cav. If you leave a certain area this time of invulnerability is set to 0, to prevent spawnrusher cav or benefiting from this.

It's sad that I think such a suggestion would make sense with the current state of matters on the servers, but I want to point out that it is not only meant to protect people who needed to download the map, or with different good reasons for spawning lately, it's mainly because I grudge cav those easy kills. I think everyone should work for his kills, and picking off AFKers and ganking people who spawned lately with 3+ cav is definitely something wrong.

Or make everyone spawn at the same time. Cav spawning a bit later wouldn't hurt, imho.
what if they add a rageball kind of area where enemy cant enter up to minute 6?
then the invisible wall vanishes and it is free for all.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2012, 09:45:19 am »
what if they add a rageball kind of area where enemy cant enter up to minute 6?
then the invisible wall vanishes and it is free for all.

Or that, why not?

Just something that takes the illusion of most cav players that they are skilled, only because they have a positive k/d...  :rolleyes:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:33 am »
+1
I'm sorry, i thought i posted on far cav behavior and not : cav justifies its dick moves.

Some people wonder why cav have bad reputation, kerrigan even said last night on eu1 why does everyone hate gk?
Well im pointing my finger to the core of the problem, stop being uptight bitches.

Kafein, you say you go for stragglers and not for afks. Shouldnt it be the other way round?
They leech on the serv, the stragglers are actually playing! Killing afks is cleaning the server!

Brave sir squirrel, yes there is an honorable way to play cav and some do it well. Hunting other cav, pulling off daring tricks etc. And there is the difference in between good cav who fights pother horses and bad cav that just seek to nurrish their KD by killing akks and late spawners

And no its not a valid tactic to hunt the stragglers, those guys had a slow download, had a small internet lag, a bad comp that makes them freeze at the beggining of the round, or fancy changng equipment. It can give them just a 2m gap on the rest of the group, but that can be enough to bring doom upon them.
I used to crash in the mass and couch, a 1 time pass for the lulz. And there its only infantry's fault.
But most nowaday cavs and most gks not only try a pass on one signle guy, they gank one over and over again with so much hate like if the straggler was the reason why the rider had a shit RL.
Dont get me wrong,i have respect for some cav, but they are mostly the old time cav. Like torben chargan, herrigan etc. Its this new generaation of cav who are here for EZ kills, just to abuse features of cav , couching bumping killing late spawners, riders who didnt know the time of epic lancing, that have invaded the servs lately and sadly gk has recruited some. I wont give names i hope youll see it yourself.
And this is why after 10 gens of cav i let it go.

Oh yea toby,ganking as infantry isnt the same, you dont mass teleport to the other side to gank, if you get ganked by infantry :

- youv played wrong and have gone hans solo hero.
- your team has got raped and its already to late

nowaday cav skills are : the one who can rush the spawn!

Just look at the pics, there must be at least 6 cav. There was more coming from the other side.
Dont you see something wrong? You cant say anymore : derp derp why do wz have bad reputation derpy derpity derp
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:55:57 am by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2012, 12:12:38 pm »
Some people wonder why cav have bad reputation, kerrigan even said last night on eu1 why does everyone hate gk?

Spawnrape. It ruins every other's gaming experience, except their own. I still remember that one day I came home after 11 hours of work, joined the nords on EU 1, spawned right before the limit, got bumped by a gk 2 seconds after spawning, bumped again by another before being able to move, bumped again before being able to move and couched while on the ground by the last GK. I didn't touch Warband for a while after that.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2012, 12:40:50 pm »
Spawnrape. It ruins every other's gaming experience, except their own. I still remember that one day I came home after 11 hours of work, joined the nords on EU 1, spawned right before the limit, got bumped by a gk 2 seconds after spawning, bumped again by another before being able to move, bumped again before being able to move and couched while on the ground by the last GK. I didn't touch Warband for a while after that.

actually this rounds it up quite perfectly.  and this is what no cav should do,  as it absolutely ruins the experience of the victim.

if the player actually started moving he at least has a chance to act,  but just being fucked over before one had the possibility to do anything blows.

anti-cav palisades might help here?  if every spawn had them,  it would be quite a help.  ofc archers would camp them,  but meh.

I still hope that people just act reasonable,  but than this is a game,  and we have lots of children playing it as well : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2012, 12:56:28 pm »
Man are you playing game or not? If you are afk just go to spectator if not then spawn when rest of the team spawn and play.
I understand that you will lose multi,but then don't complain about when someone kill you.
I usualy don't spawn rape,but if i see some good player like chase or some other dude afk at spawn i will for shure kill him because it is better to kill him then let him live and slay half of my team.
It is totaly valid tactic because it is easier for your team to win if other team have less players.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »
Man are you playing game or not? If you are afk just go to spectator if not then spawn when rest of the team spawn and play.
I understand that you will lose multi,but then don't complain about when someone kill you.
I usualy don't spawn rape,but if i see some good player like chase or some other dude afk at spawn i will for shure kill him because it is better to kill him then let him live and slay half of my team.
It is totaly valid tactic because it is easier for your team to win if other team have less players.

I bet you miss the days when plated archers could headshoot anyone with a slow PC from spawn to spawn before they loaded, huh? That was good too, cause, you know, less enemies makes the game easier, since none of us play for fun anyway, just to win and masturbate to screenshots of our KDR, huh? gtfo

Problem is 2 way street though: If a way is introduced to STOP spawnrape on players who have bad computers, had to do something IRL and only just got back for the round, etc, clans like GK will no longer get any kills, they will RQ, and then who will we practise our skills on? we need noobs on horses too, cause they are fun and easy to kill, and make for good training for newer players. So a solution for ALL must be found.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:07:28 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »
mleke, have you read all the ther posts?

I dont care about afkers. But anyway it seems you play only for the win, some play for fun (true story)
and gurnisson pointed it out very well. It isnt fun to be cav spawned raped. And dont bullshit me, killing stragglers is no way a teamplay idea, its just a way to get easy kills for KDR.
Been there, done that

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2012, 01:25:49 pm »
Yet killing stragglers helps your team, still. Would you rather charge the main group and give those stragglers an option to ambush you, or finish them off first and then head for the main group?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:27:08 pm by Vibe »

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2012, 01:32:43 pm »
at this point i must say,  that I rode with GK a few times,  and they are  highly skilled cav teamplayers,  I havent ridden with any clan yet that refined cav teamwork like them.  They really are like a coordinated swarm, which makes them so despiseable for their victims,  because they are very efficient in what they do.

for example,  if they have cornered a good player,  you will see them circling him,  until they regrouped and go in for the kill.
they work like a pack of carnivores,  and I love watching them do their thing,  even when i am at the receiving end (i have a thing for fighting against great odds though).

so please differentiate between your hate fighting against effective tactics (that dont see many counters)  and your hate against actually game breaking behavior.

edit:  and no,  stragglers are in game,  and they can actually act and fight back.  Dont see it game breaking to attack them.
I do how ever usually not go for straggling peasants,  as i there is no use in killing them and it only breaks their  gaming experience.  so again:  play with reason,  and everything is ok.

edit 2:  doesnt mean gk dont make me rage.  Leed and I had long conversations about how much we hate them.  often they followed us,  shooting down our horses and than leaving us stranded in the middle of no where.
not fun,  but effective.  and their team had to thank them for it,  as back than we usually took down 10-20 enemies every round.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:42:40 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »
edit 2:  doesnt mean gk dont make me rage.  Leed and I had long conversations about how much we hate them.  often they followed us,  shooting down our horses and than leaving us stranded in the middle of no where.
not fun,  but effective.  and their team had to thank them for it,  as back than we usually took down 10-20 enemies every round.

We have had more than a few sessions where we've made it our goal to take down you and Leed with our horse archers as a first priority. We'd often lose a couple guys trying though, you two were always a pain in the arse to chase.

for example,  if they have cornered a good player,  you will see them circling him,  until they regrouped and go in for the kill.
they work like a pack of carnivores,  and I love watching them do their thing,  even when i am at the receiving end (i have a thing for fighting against great odds though).

That's always my favourite tactic. Get a couple of HA and 1-2 lancers, circle and let the HA shoot/bump, then when the guy is stunned or on the ground the lancers go for the kill. Victim is pretty much screwed with barely any chance. Even if the footman has a pike there's 0 he can do.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:38:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2012, 02:41:35 pm »
Horse archers are the reason I am using a courser.  I curse the day when a few of your HA started using coursers, haha.  no getting away,  but no catching them either,  ahrg.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2012, 02:44:10 pm »
Haha yeah I've always used a courser as HA. Though arabians are quite lethal to chase. I've had a few nasty run ins with Leed and Kerrigan having perfected the full speed to 0 turn and stab routine. Usually takes an HA clean of their horse.

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2012, 02:47:22 pm »
+4
Haha, Leed always dehorsed me aswell. Had some fun duels with him. He won most of the time. Nice guy. But yeah back then when we saw good cav players like you or Leed we would coordinate an attack on you because you were important for the opposing team. But the same happens to me still, getting dehorsed by either cav or ranged. These days I'm not sure anymore who actually dehorses and who goes for the rider (talking about lancers, one handers just try to make your horse stagger and then kill your horse). With the old lance angle it was possible to kill the rider even if he went for a dehorse.  So now I'm kind of forced to go for a dehorse(when doing frontal charge) because that will make my chances of surviving a lot bigger.

About the fair cav behavior; I do go for stragglers but I do not go for AFK's as they are no challenge whatsoever. However, sometimes you will ride there and a new players spawns, and he starts attacking you. What then? Should I just say aww it would be sad to kill him because he just spawned? Difficult situation when talking about fair cav behavior. If you are straggling then that is your own mistake (except maybe at the very first round because of map download or slow computer).

There are indeed some of our newer players that go for easy kills like AFK's. These players are fairly new to the cav class and do not fully understand these "unwritten" rules. I will try to tell them to be more 'skilled' as it were and not go for AFK's for I can see that it can make some people rage.

As for infantry talking about cav being backstabbers; Infantry are backstabbers aswell. Ofcourse a cav can go much faster from one to another but the concept is the same. An infantry player will take any chance he gets to stab someone in the back. Never seen an infantry go like "Hey this guy is looking the other way, I shall be honorable and step in front so he can see me coming".
As a cav you backstab a lot, this is true but it is definately not always the case. I take people heads on and kill them but also fail, just like any other infantry.
Another thing is whining about cav bumping so the attacked player can not do anything. Infantry also does this by swarming you and just spamming you with 5 people at once(while they attack their teammates :/) I have never seen infantry go like " Ok guys, I am going to hit first so he can block and attack, then I block, then you go and hit him so we can have a fair fight. All got that?".

I have played my share of infantry and I understand some of the hate against cav because it can be annoying some times. But generally I think people overreact. To be honest I think when the lance angle was normal and the horses were buffed, back then there was less cav hate then there is now. It feels like this hating is some kind of hipster/hype thing to do.