Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 25257 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: fair cav behavior on battle servers
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »
I would like to have everyone being invulnerable after spawning during the time you can spawn on the server (1st 59 seconds or what was it?) + 30 seconds more to be able to walk safely towards his teammates without being ganked by cav. If you leave a certain area this time of invulnerability is set to 0, to prevent spawnrusher cav or benefiting from this.

It's sad that I think such a suggestion would make sense with the current state of matters on the servers, but I want to point out that it is not only meant to protect people who needed to download the map, or with different good reasons for spawning lately, it's mainly because I grudge cav those easy kills. I think everyone should work for his kills, and picking off AFKers and ganking people who spawned lately with 3+ cav is definitely something wrong.

Or make everyone spawn at the same time. Cav spawning a bit later wouldn't hurt, imho.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:36:02 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2012, 12:17:38 pm »
invulnerability in anyway is highly disrupting,  all spawning at the same time is gay due to long waiting for the people with fas internet. 
haveing cav spawn 20 secs later might be nice,  but takes away a crack load of the positioning game...

I would actually like to keep it as it is,  and just see cav being more responsible,  and inf lookin out a bit better.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »

-stop killing people that havent moved on their spawn.  dont matter if afk or what ever,  if they havent moved yet,  just let them be.
(click to show/hide)

-stop rushing into melee fights where u are not needed.
(click to show/hide)

-be foreseeing also to the actions of youre fellow cavmen.   
(click to show/hide)

-DO NOT RUN THROUGH TEAMMATES WHEN SPAWNING.
(click to show/hide)

So pretty much your telling cavalry to not be cavalry

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2012, 03:06:13 pm »
just replying to this so the thread keeps getting bumped:

not at all.

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2012, 04:45:21 pm »
+3

dont you think its kind of stupid to say all players that are cav, behave the same ? i never go for afk people, i dont focus on peasants, i try to avoid bumping my teammates as much as i can, im rarely kill hungry and i like going against challenging enemies even when the odds are against me

your stupid to think the cavalry is all about doing this stuff... hell ive seen more fair fights as cav than in infantry fights

and all this players talking about how cav is the scum backstabbers and what not, those infantry players, tell me if they ever didnt took a swing at the back of other inf guy that was fighting ? they always take a cheap shot in the back, but its only wrong when cav players do it heh

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »
well said

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2012, 05:00:28 pm »

We play a game together. You can't play this game (cRPG) without others. The others have as much right to play this game as you have. So the only right behaviour is to play fair. Not playing fair means playing unfair.

So if afk killing, teambumping and so on is not unfair, then what IS unfair?

k/d is not everything, you know? Playing a game is about fun... for everyone!
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2012, 10:08:31 pm »
+3
Attacking stragglers, loners, flankers and everyone else who expose themselves is to me a valid tactic. Using your advantages and your enemies weaknesses is also in my opinion fair. In fact I think choosing your fights so that you will most likely win is one type of skill. That said only going for peasants and others who in no way will be a deciding factor in the battle is just cheap. Those who play like that only do it to boost their killcount. (Although someone has to kill these players at some point if you're team is going to win.) As for afk players I haven't decided what I think.

On one hand you actively have to push a button to spawn which would mean you have to be infront of you computer to do so. If you push the button and then go away from your computer isnt that the same as go away from the computer midfight? I mean if I suddenly have to go afk for whatever reason should everyone leave me be until I return? One might take it even further and say that an afk player is leeching since he is not contributing to the fight but gets gold and exp.

On the other hand I myself never intentionally attack afk players as its no challenge and ultimately no fun.

This is not just a cav related problem though. Thing is cav moves faster and can reach the enemy spawn early in the match and therefor have a higher chance at catching ppl afk. I see plenty of inf going for peasants and afk players rather then supporting their teammates to secure victory. Oh and on cramped, cav unfriendly, maps some inf always races to the enemy spawn for easy kills. I would call this a attitude problem... if its really a problem. In the end you push that button to spawn and if you choose to not play why should you be left alone... its borderline leeching.

@Torben: I understand what you're trying to achieve here and support your intentions but I believe you're on a fools quest. If you actually succeed in getting every single cav stop the things you've listed the anticav people would find new stuff to complain about and you would have to write a new list to please them...

edit: In server rules it says standing around afk=leeching... just saying
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:50:31 pm by Fandrall »

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2012, 12:10:38 am »
as long as GK cav does this, it will always have bad reputation
(click to show/hide)

oh yea i dont know where i read this from a GK, but killing stragglers and late spawners isnt a valid tactic is just a dishonorable way to take advantage of people that didnt manage to spawn as fast as you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:13:44 am by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Kyza

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2012, 12:16:17 am »
You make it sound like this is just GK. 

Every cav does it, Cavaliers, Chaos, you name it - rush spawn, kill idlers, beat chest.  And they do it, round after round after round.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2012, 12:21:49 am »
(click to show/hide)

oh yea i dont know where i read this from a GK, but killing stragglers and late spawners isnt a valid tactic is just a dishonorable way to take advantage of people that didnt manage to spawn as fast as you.

There's a signficant difference between attacking moving late spawners and afk dudes on spawn. And on that map it's very hard to tell what is the cavalry up to, because no matter what they want to do they will go that way.

I usually do not kill afk spawners, but I have no problems attacking people that spawned a bit late and are isolated.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2012, 12:48:42 am »
well yeah,  that is cavs purpose after all.  and no less honor in doing that than if an infantry mob ganks a straggler...

Offline bravesquirrel

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -[420]-
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2012, 02:35:04 am »
(click to show/hide)

They should instead run into your waiting group of throwers that can one-shot their horse, crossbows that are cocked and looking at them, and spears ready to instantly stop their horse near all the enemy?  That's the honorable thing to do?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2012, 02:40:10 am »
If you're afk...well someone has to kill you, you spawned and so cav may as well be the ones to do it as you'll just end up delaying the round.

Late spawners are equally fair game. I've seen plenty of cav go down to a well armed late spawner. If it helps your team win the round, I see nothing wrong with it.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2012, 03:10:20 am »
I dont support the "everything goes for winnings sake" attitude,  as it goes against the principle of acting fair (not concerning the battlefield fairness,  but fair towards the fellow player/ human  behind the character).
(for the 5000s time:)  killing afkers at some point has to be done of course,  but rushing to spawn and killing people that havent moved 20 seconds into the round is gay.

but i dont condemn other opinions ofc either : )