Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 24405 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Cav's reputation is already ruined thanks to Gk, i doubt you can do anything about it Torben, but good luck on it. ;)

GK :
i'm a cav, i get most of the kills (no matter most of them are easy ones) so don't stand in my way in the spanw, one little bump each round doesn't hurt you, but you slow me down ! Hell, all infantry should walk to the side every spawn, so that i can place myself in position to spawnrape thoses guys. lol.

GK: OMG ! There's a fucking infantry at spawn wich actually pretented to be afk and killed me ! Come on, that's just stupid. Spawn raping is SOOOOOOOO dangerous.

Love. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

masasa's view of the game :
- cav must spawn rape, because this is not a game, it's a battle, and we need to win it. Who cares about balanced fight.
-infantry must act as a decoy for cav, and when they see friendly cav coming, they must backpedal and leave the kill, even if they did 90% of the damage and could have finished the kill. Infantry are not worthy of kills, kills are for cav.
-cav should spawn first every round, so that infantry don't bother us
-cav is the most exciting when you do a dangerous maneuver : if you succeed, you killsteal efficiently, if you fail, you tk. Just say "fuck sorry", i always do it, and it works just fine.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:42:13 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Remind me to stay the bloody hell away from Masasa when on his team, and avoid shooting him when he is on the opposing team.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Ever thought that maybe theres some light armored people or peasants in your team, you dumbfuck? Horse bumping does take away their hp.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
All good suggestions except not killing afk at the enemy spawn.  Honestly if they are still afk when the enemy gets there, they deserve to get lanced.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
All good suggestions except not killing afk at the enemy spawn.  Honestly if they are still afk when the enemy gets there, they deserve to get lanced.

everyone playing a game deserves only one thing:  the opportunity to play it.  this opportunity should not be taken by anyone.  and one should only die by ones own mistake. mho
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
I'd say staying afk in spawn is a mistake? If I pass by the spawn and some seem like they could be trouble for the team later on (cav, armored, ranged in general), I'll kill em without feeling bad about it.

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
I have to admit that I do spawn kill sometimes, but I do it for the team, not for my score. I couldn't care less about my score as long as my team wins. In fact, they should remove scoreboards completely.

And I have to say that not all GK are reckless. I for one really do avoid bumping teammates at spawn or anywhere and I never take any risks to try and help a teammate in one vs one or maybe two vs one. ONLY if the enemy is far enough so I wont risk hitting or bumping my teammate. I agree, reckless and greedy cav are retardedly annoying and should be punishable somehow.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:11:09 pm by Kerrigan »

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
I have a suggestion on how to not ruin cavs reputation, all fallen/GK cav should respec. All you do is ruin cavs reputation with your awfulness.

(THIS IS A JOKE PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
Damn Kerrigan, always sounding reasonable, always making me regret all the bad things i say about Gk (but then i read other's Gk comments, and it's back to normal).

But glad to see that Gk cav play "to win", and not to "have fun together with the other players". I mean, they play 80% of the time with their horse, so of course they need their winning spree.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
lol, so much rage over nothing. I answered a provocative post with the same tone(and yet I'm not the one calling names, just defending my playstyle).

Of course I kill dudes in spawn if I manage to get there, not only it helps my team but it also gives me kills. Getting a lot of kills with few deaths is my goal in battles like it or not(doesn't mean I don't want my team to win). If there was more teamplay(requires better gamemode and more game features like VOIP for it to work in public play) in battles my priorities would change, since I do enjoy teamplay in strategus for example.

Of course I go for the easy kill when I see one. And the easiest kill is an enemy who is engaged in melee with a friendly. Why does this make me the bad guy? Sure sometimes you fuck up and hurt a friendly but that happens with all classes, but you only rage when other class does it to your class. And I get it that inf player might be annoyed when cav steals his kill, yet he is never annoyed(at least enough to post about it) when another friendly inf does it.

You can call me greedy cav since I go for every opportunity, but I do make an effort not to team bump/hit/kill and I try to apologize every time it happens. Often times it means I get ~3 kills during the first 30seconds of a round and then die, since going for enemy spawn at the start is risky, but I do it instead of waiting around for the inf to engage since I find boring compared to the former playstyle.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
l I try to apologize every time it happens.

You mean sometimes you "fail" to apologize in those cases ? :rolleyes:
Get out masasa, NAO !

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
masa,  i am sorry if you have been called names,  that is gay.  but as you said,  you made a provocative post,  so this will happen.

tbh,  the things i wrote up there are common sense,  and i just wrote them out to get people to think about them earlier than i have.  i have killed about 50 000 times from my horse,  and it took quite some time before i started to think what my actions do to the gaming experience of others,  and i started to behave in a way that i would want to be treated by cav if i were an other class.

it is a well ment suggestion,  and i dont think bad of anyone who chooses to go another way,  as sooner or later,  these people we be good enough in the game to start acting reasonable.
after all,  you will see that the most skilled players are just that. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
You mean sometimes you "fail" to apologize in those cases ? :rolleyes:
Get out masasa, NAO !

cmon i dont want this thread to be bout hating on someone who has the balls to defend his playstyle.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
Oh, i forgot to add a little comment :idea: :

-you know how suicide attacks are bannable.
-you know that attacking spawns results, in 50% of the cases, in your death in less than 1min

No wonder masasa as time to go on the forum :
YoOften times it means I get ~3 kills during the first 30seconds of a round and then die, since going for enemy spawn at the start is risky, but I do it instead of waiting around for the inf to engage since I find boring compared to the former playstyle.
Is your playstyle (aka spawn attacking, no matter if i die, if i live i do the same till i die) bannable Masasa ? I don't know it myself. But the features tend to look similar. :shock:

Edit : My bad Torben, i'm sorry. But if i see someone defending it without any thought behind it, in order to have a "balanced" discussion, it's normal for some people to sacrifice their well-being and attack them, without any thought behind it. I thought i was reasonable though, sorry if i crossed the line. I'll be more careful in your topic, wich i find very "true".
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:02:55 pm by Bulzur »

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Oh, i forgot to add a little comment :idea: :

-you know how suicide attacks are bannable.
-you know that attacking spawns results, in 50% of the cases, in your death in less than 1min

No wonder masasa as time to go on the forum :

Edit : My bad Torben, i'm sorry. But if i see someone defending it without any thought behind it, in order to have a "balanced" discussion, it's normal for some people to sacrifice their well-being and attack them, without any thought behind it. I thought i was reasonable though, sorry if i crossed the line. I'll be more careful in your topic, wich i find very "true".

Is your playstyle (aka spawn attacking, no matter if i die, if i live i do the same till i die) bannable Masasa ? I don't know it myself. But the features tend to look similar. :shock:

i tend to attack group of enemy cav in the beggining of the round, when i die early in such scenario is it bannable ?