Is melee infantry ruining your fun?

Yes
133 (28.8%)
No
131 (28.4%)
I play as Melee Infantry
198 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Is melee infantry ruining your fun? (poll)  (Read 12356 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Is melee infantry ruining your fun? (poll)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2011, 12:19:31 am »
+1
I direct you to this thread I made about xbows  :P

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,16010.0.html

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2011, 12:21:19 am »
+2
I'm just sayin its hard to discuss something with someone who insists on using the chewbacca defense.

As I was saying, Infantry is far more aware of Accidently Tking people relative to say....archers who think they are fucking legolas.

I fail to understand why you want me to quote the whole thing... I also see as much "Berserkers" as I do cav bumping idiots or legolas archers.

Here we go:
Your entire post was about Archers and Cav causing more tks, so I replied that I have died more often to melee swing happy players then other classes.

Greedy players are in everything.

As an Elitist infantry asshole, I gotta say, archers and cav are the greediest players in this game.

Can't tell you how many times so friendly archer or cav has lanced/headshot/horsebumped/arrowstunned me to death trying to kill someone I was clearly beating. Talk about Tunnel vision.

Don't get me wrong, infantry has this problem too, but it at least  it seems like inf tries to avoid tks like that. That said, I don't really lobby for ridiculous nerfs because I recognize at the end of the day its not the game that is the problem. Its the kill hungry douchebags who think they are helping, but are actually hurting.

The red in your post is the only thing that my response could not be directed to.
So... why would I bother quoting the whole thing?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:22:59 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2011, 12:22:24 am »
+2
Berenger I know you can see this. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2011, 12:26:09 am »
cav described in your words is like hunting the sick of tribe of animals, health police and thats ok, but there are some really good cav players who can easily kill me even as i have then my awlpike equiped (jeez i miss my sheatable bamboo spear)

That's true. Please allow me to add to that then.

I can personally kill most one-handers, a few two-handers, and occasionally a polearmer. However, it is still extremely difficult to kill someone on horseback with a lance. I've had short two-handers outreach the heavy lance (that I used to use).
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2011, 12:26:49 am »
I fail to understand why you want me to quote the whole thing... I also see as much "Berserkers" as I do cav bumping idiots or legolas archers.

Here we go:
Your entire post was about Archers and Cav causing more tks, so I replied that I have died more often to melee swing happy players then other classes.

Greedy players are in everything.

The red in your post is the only thing that my response could not be directed to.
So... why would I bother quoting the whole thing?

Your reply to my post was something along the lines of "INFANTRY TKS MOAR, HA!" And in my original post I address this by saying that while infantry is more aware of the risks of being a kill greedy dickhead than cav and archers.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2011, 12:32:07 am »
+3
Please also notice that cavalry and archers are support roles, so trying to bump the enemy when your spamming infantry ally is running around him is difficult, just as shooting at the enemy while your infantry allies run around you repeatedly.

People get pissed when cav don't help them, but when they circle the enemy like idiots and expect us to kill the enemy... they get mad as us for bumping them.

Don't take this the wrong way though. Infantry to help me bump the enemy for them or I to get the kill (only trying to help the team) are awesome. I would even say that I like most infantry, but there are those spamming assholes...

I will also say that I have made errors in judgement, however for cav they generally get you or an ally killed rather than just a tiny teamwound like it is for infantry. There are also greedy cavalry and archers, but the effects are generally worse for errors that are made.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:33:29 am by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2011, 12:34:23 am »
+1
but there are those spamming assholes...

Names, or it´s Zzzz

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2011, 12:34:55 am »
+3
Your reply to my post was something along the lines of "INFANTRY TKS MOAR, HA!" And in my original post I address this by saying that while infantry is more aware of the risks of being a kill greedy dickhead than cav and archers.

That is ridiculous. Using a cav or a bow does not make you magically less aware. I know just as many archers who refuse to shoot near infantry as I know melee that never swing when in a clusterfuck. As for "accidents" you can just as easily plug a team mate at range as you can overhead a teammate behind you, or other such things.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:36:08 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2011, 12:36:39 am »
I don't expect cav to help me kill an enemy when I'm locked in a 1v1 battle with someone. The only time Cav or archer should ever help an inf in battle like that is if the combatants are a couple feet apart. If you engage under any other circumstance, you're a kill hungry ass.

Thats where we disagree Tears. These support classes aren't always locked in constantly combat like inf. In a battle, Infantry has to be aware of where is allies and enemies are at all times or that is his ass. An archer doesn't have to worry about that shit. All an archer has to worry about is sitting on a hill/roof whilst casually sipping cognac and taking potshots at targets softened up by infantry. Due to this fact, Archers and cav attract a certain type of player who just doesn't seem to give a fuck as long as they get moar keelz.

For the record, I'm not saying ALL archers and cav are killhungry assholes. Just most of them.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:52:00 am by Anti »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2011, 12:52:56 am »
+2
I don't expect cav to help me kill an enemy when I'm locked in a 1v1 battle with someone. The only time Cav or archer should ever help an inf in battle like that is if the combatants are a couple feet apart. If you engage under any other circumstance, you're a kill hungry ass.

Thats where we disagree Tears. These support classes aren't always locked in constantly combat like inf. In a battle, Infantry has to be aware of where is allies and enemies are at all times or that is his ass. An archer doesn't have to worry about that shit. All an archer has to worry about is sitting on a hill/roof whilst casually sipping cognac and taking potshots at targets softened up by infantry.

I agree with the teal... however...
The red... You either have never played an archer, or are an absolutely shitty one if that is how you play. sWalker is a perfect example of how to properly play an archer, he rarely camps and is often run-and-rungun, and also knows how to use the Tilde key to look around.

If an archer never looks around, not only will cavalry hit you, but you lose a lot of "targets" that could have been great shots, as well as unable to react to help soften up the enemy before they do an unexpected charge into friendlies.

Also... what in the nine hells are you doing taking potshots? Waste of ammo, great way to get a wonderful 2-4 score or some such shit like that....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:59:12 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2011, 01:10:27 am »
+1
If I'm not wrong, I often see Swalker in places that are hard for cav to get at anyways.

But y'know what? Fine. I'll grant you that. Swalker is a phenomenal Archer and everyone should play like him. However, Does everyone play like Swalker? Does everyone have is awareness, his accuracy, his knowledge of the metagame? The answer- Fuck no. Swalker is the exception, if anything. You know exactly the type of player I'm talking about when I said the stuff you quoted in the red and you know they make up the majority of the archer population.

If everyone played the support classes like they were supposed to, I wouldn't really have anything to bitch about in the first place. But that is not the case, and here we are discussing it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:12:34 am by Anti »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2011, 01:16:07 am »
+2
Oh... so the majority of infantry are doing it right according to you too, or no? I am curious on this.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1637
  • Infamy: 1999
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2011, 01:16:58 am »
Tonight I had the most pleasurable experience playing c-rpg in weeks. I played on duel server for 3 hours straight. I may be crappy dueler but I'll keep playing there. When I finish with grinding I'm done with battle, unless they nerf ranged and cavalry classes into oblivion.

I'll prolly play some battle on my archer STF alt.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2011, 01:18:57 am »
+2
I'd say more people play infantry right than they do cav or archer. Archers and cav are harder classes to truly excel at.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:26:56 am by Anti »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2011, 01:21:33 am »
+1
I'd say more people play infantry right than they do cav or archer. Infantry and cav are harder classes to truly excel at.

Agreed, as an archer, once you´re safely on a roof, you hardly need to do anything but LMB, LMB, LMB and a bit of mousey movey.