Is melee infantry ruining your fun?

Yes
133 (28.8%)
No
131 (28.4%)
I play as Melee Infantry
198 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Is melee infantry ruining your fun? (poll)  (Read 12347 times)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
Re: Is melee infantry ruining your fun? (poll)
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2011, 11:51:43 pm »
the xbows are chili

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2011, 11:56:39 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,15984.0.html
so by pointing me to another thread your point would be?
1. being elitist , not bothering and reading/answering what i had to say
2. saving energy while you could post more stuff
3. trying to make me aware of the other thread about i even less care
4. pointing me to the godless elitist you were mentioning, which then would ... still not get me anywere
5. just trying to keep the thread alife, ... well done i fall for it!
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2011, 11:57:15 pm »
so by pointing me to another thread your point would be?
1. being elitist , not bothering and reading/answering what i had to say
2. saving energy while you could post more stuff
3. trying to make me aware of the other thread about i even less care
4. pointing me to the godless elitist you were mentioning, which then would ... still not get me anywere
5. just trying to keep the thread alife, ... well done i fall for it!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »
As an Elitist infantry asshole, I gotta say, archers and cav are the greediest players in this game.

Can't tell you how many times so friendly archer or cav has lanced/headshot/horsebumped/arrowstunned me to death trying to kill someone I was clearly beating. Talk about Tunnel vision.

Don't get me wrong, infantry has this problem too, but it at least  it seems like inf tries to avoid tks like that. That said, I don't really lobby for ridiculous nerfs because I recognize at the end of the day its not the game that is the problem. Its the kill hungry douchebags who think they are helping, but are actually hurting.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2011, 11:59:12 pm »
i don't get it.
- there wasn't so much chaos and hatred when blockcrushing got removed from morningstar and barmace.
- there wasn't so much chaos and hatred when devs implemented the new nocking arrow animation.
- there wasn't so much chaos and hatred when 2h sword stab damage got a 30% nerf.
- there wasn't so much chaos and hatred when shields forcefield was reduced.
- there wasn't so much chaos and hatred when throwing got destroyed (rebalanced months later but instantly and utterly destroyed by a patch before).
- there wasn't so much chaos and hatred when upkeep was introduced.

why the hell now butthurt people (mostly archers) keep feeding the hate without just fuc*in chill a second?

Actually,
- Me and others whined endlessly about the blockcrush on morningstar & barmace
- Community (- archers) whined about machineguns in cRPG

+++

The hate-boat never docked, it just went off the radar for a little while :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2011, 12:00:42 am »
As an Elitist infantry asshole, I gotta say, archers and cav are the greediest players in this game.

Can't tell you how many times so friendly archer or cav has lanced/headshot/horsebumped/arrowstunned me to death trying to kill someone I was clearly beating. Talk about Tunnel vision.

Explain again why my melee player has died more from melee TKs then cav/range TKs?  :rolleyes:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2011, 12:01:47 am »

Don't get me wrong, infantry has this problem too, but it at least  it seems like inf tries to avoid tks like that. That said, I don't really lobby for ridiculous nerfs because I recognize at the end of the day its not the game that is the problem. Its the kill hungry douchebags who think they are helping, but are actually hurting.

uhm greedy and nab players are whatever build is possible. but since is easier to do something wrong to a teammate as an archer or cav, obviously is like it is.

Actually,
- Me and others whined endlessly about the blockcrush on morningstar & barmace
- Community (- archers) whined about machineguns in cRPG

+++

The hate-boat never docked, it just went off the radar for a little while :)

no i was talking about the rage of who got nerfd. not the rage of the whiners calling the nerfhammer.

i just took the hard hit about the morningstar (3 months retiring, after i got the gear needed and the wpf stacked, i stopd retiring and finally ended with my beloved morningstar 33/15 level 39 heirloomed to the hairs build.

then puff! useless.

another reason to not stop retiring after 31. if i do a mauler build, get level 35 and maul disappear, i take a nice and pointy stake up the ass again. no way.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:06:08 am by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2011, 12:02:48 am »
(click to show/hide)
well Anti you got those kill hungrey douchbags as how you described them in any class.
I myself could be described that way from time to time, when i concentrate less and just try to kill stuff without much caring about the guys around me, but then again :) i am a flanker and i am a flanker because i don't want to get killed that much from my own guys(well it is one reason for being a flanker, the other is i can kill ranged my old friends  :mrgreen:)

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 12:03:33 am »
I like how tears only quoted part of my post then replied to that. You should be a politician bro.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2011, 12:08:15 am »
I like how tears only quoted part of my post then replied to that. You should be a politician bro.

he/she (shemale?) even quotes me altering what i write without strikethrough tags.. just sayin.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:00 am »
Cavalry have to backstab people, which is pretty stupid. Honestly, they're useless (they fucking have to be at this point) in strat. YES, they CAN get MANY kills if they're skilled in battle, but the point is that those kills are peasants, afk's, and people who aren't paying attention.

As far as archers, they're not useless. I see archers doing well all the time, but it's JUST LIKE CAV (as far as the nerf thing). They have to kill unarmored targets (usually) or get insanely high pd. Honestly, archers are fine as is imo, but probably because I'm a cav player who gets shot all the time. ;)

I think that crossbows are needlessly OP. Why does everyone complain about archers? They're killed by projectiles. Crossbows, in the state they're in, add WAY too many projectiles to the field. Yes, I understand about medieval warfare encompassing all types of weapons, blah, blah, blah. But balance is definitely an issue. Scare off the masses of xbow users by slightly nerfing crossbows. This will help cav and ranged as well as melee players.

As far as 2h/pole goes, I've been stunlocked by a few weapons there. They're also EXTREMELY FAST. While I know it's not just a 2h/pole problem, pure builds with these weapons are a bit too fast and strong in my opinion.

As I'm sure others would agree, this game is reasonably balanced, but could use some work. I hope at least one person will take the time to read this and reply.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:47 am »
+1
seems really energy concerned, 2 of my now 4 posts only edited and reposted, you live the green way of life Tears don't you  :mrgreen:

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2011, 12:12:38 am »
seems really energy concerned, 2 of my now 4 posts only edited and reposted, you live the green way of life Tears don't you  :mrgreen:

wat? i never edit people quotes (unless is a obvious troll with bold, strikethru, comments and stuff).

i usually cut the part i want to answer to.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2011, 12:16:23 am »
I'm just sayin its hard to discuss something with someone who insists on using the chewbacca defense.

As I was saying, Infantry is far more aware of Accidently Tking people relative to say....archers who think they are fucking legolas.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:18:19 am by Anti »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2011, 12:17:49 am »
+1
Cavalry have to backstab people, which is pretty stupid. Honestly, they're useless (they fucking have to be at this point) in strat. YES, they CAN get MANY kills if they're skilled in battle, but the point is that those kills are peasants, afk's, and people who aren't paying attention.

I think that crossbows are needlessly OP. Why does everyone complain about archers? They're killed by projectiles. Crossbows, in the state they're in, add WAY too many projectiles to the field. Yes, I understand about medieval warfare encompassing all types of weapons, blah, blah, blah. But balance is definitely an issue. Scare off the masses of xbow users by slightly nerfing crossbows. This will help cav and ranged as well as melee players.

cav described in your words is like hunting the sick of tribe of animals, health police and thats ok, but there are some really good cav players who can easily kill me even as i have then my awlpike equiped (jeez i miss my sheatable bamboo spear)

On xbow, true. I said many times that i just can't get my head arround it, that these guys don't need to invest skill points for their class like anyone else. Perhaps if a dev reads this he could explain why they don't need that. And please devs don't tell me it is because Fasaxbow ^^