Poll

What changes would you like more?

Forcefield back
Bigger width of shields back
Polearms with tag shield bonus should be unbalanced and slower because of their length
Less accuracy for ranged
Make all swords over 105 length use a polearm thrust animation
Increase 1h cut damage
More HP for shields
Make shields have less weight
Make shield skill every 2 levels instead of 3
Increase the angels of attack for 1h
Make all shields take only one slot

Author Topic: Buff 1h  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Buff 1h
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:09:03 am »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Buff 1h
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:13:09 am »
Shielders are just about perfect right now.  Your post comes off as whine.  Shields are great resources, they also come in many varieties so if you are having problems you havent found the right one for you.

I would love to see shield use requirement changed to STR and just have shield skill BUFF them from their base stats.  Perhaps lower shield stats slightly.  Its just ridiculous someone thats untrained cant pick up a piece of wood to shield themselves.

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:09 am »
Shielders are just about perfect right now.  Your post comes off as whine.  Shields are great resources, they also come in many varieties so if you are having problems you havent found the right one for you.
I know you from NA, you are an average player on horseback and a newbie on foot, why don’t you keep calm with your offensive advices.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 08:34:15 am »
- Increase 1h cut damage across the board and lower pierce and blunt damage for that. That is very important because of silly armor and gauntlets looms with armor value around 80!

Use a dedicated 1 hander to kil armored people, or learn to stab.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:49:00 am »
- Forcefield back

I don't think this would be needed as long as they add more intuitive/skillful shield controls.

- Bigger width of shields back

There are shields with good widths and shields with bad widths for a reason. Yeah, it does suck, but they're meant to be more offensive.

- More HP for shields (they should get broken by unbalanced axes not by simple 2h swords)

Well, I somewhat agree. even the 2nd highest tier shields break in only a few hits. But those number of hits are enough to last for such short matches such as crpg.

- Make shields have less weight

I would like this a lot. If shields receive block stun (no clue since most of them are pretty heavy), balance with that and crushthrough should be considered.

- Make shield skill every 2 levels instead of 3
This won't do much other than convince me to go 33/6.

- Increase the angels of attack for 1h
I think they should just make it harder to glance when facehugging. 2h shouldn't be better at facehugging than 1h, makes no sense. I think right slash should be made better, maybe a possible range increase on overhead(?.. nah)

- Increase 1h cut damage across the board and lower pierce and blunt damage for that. That is very important because of silly armor and gauntlets looms with armor value around 80!

Agree with this even though I primarily use a 1h pierce weapon.
When I fight shielders with 1h, they barely do 10-20% damage on my ~55 armor 8IF.

- Make all shields take only one slot, that way 1h + huscarl shield + war spear would allow infantry to defend themselves.

This would be nice. Most 2slot shields aren't even better than a lot of the 1slot ones.

Alternative nerf 2h/polearms/ranged:
- Less accuracy for ranged, simple in that time people where not snipers they shot at groups or at very close range (hunting)

That will mess up balance more than really affecting 1h+shield all that much. The problem with 1h vs ranged is that they almost always outrun us due to our shorter reach and run speed. You can still get hit by arrows if they come from weird angles or if you expose your side even a little bit.

- 2h have retarded animation, simple make all swords over 105 length use a polearm thrust animation

Same as above. Probably belongs in another topic. 2h stab has weird properties, but its place of discussion is not here.

- Polearms with tag shield bonus should be unbalanced and slower because of their length, a polearm is a battle support weapon and not super fast long duel weapon. Ofc the damage value of a bec need a nerf, come on.
Agree with this.

>Balanced
>Bonus against shield
choose one.

Hope we will see soon some changes in same way you work on changes for horsemen and archers.

Everything is still subject to change. Many problems don't even arise unless some rarer conditions occur, such as an overabundance of a class, weapon, etc.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:50:28 am by san. »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:08 am »
+5
Where's the option in the poll "nothing, they're fine"?
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Reddy

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Red
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 09:05:33 am »
I want that you buff 1h to a performance 2h already have in strategus.

Possible ways or/and:
- Forcefield back
- More HP for shields (they should get broken by unbalanced axes not by simple 2h swords)
- Make all shields take only one slot, that way 1h + huscarl shield + war spear would allow infantry to defend themselves.

Alternative nerf 2h/polearms/ranged:
- Less accuracy for ranged, simple in that time people where not snipers they shot at groups or at very close range (hunting)
- 2h have retarded animation, simple make all swords over 105 length use a polearm thrust animation
- Polearms with tag shield bonus should be unbalanced and slower because of their length, a polearm is a battle support weapon and not super fast long duel weapon. Ofc the damage value of a bec need a nerf, come on.

Hope we will see soon some changes in same way you work on changes for horsemen and archers.

Lol it's like you want the devs to make 1h massively OP.
[00:23] * reddy slaps cmp around a bit with a large fishbot

Because I can.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 09:07:23 am »
+3
Shielders are the only balanced class in this game. Why do you want to change anything about them?

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 09:39:20 am »
Where's the option in the poll "nothing, they're fine"?
You are biased towards 2h. Why do you want participate in this thread?

Offline indigocylinder

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 09:48:49 am »
1h players != shielders

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 09:56:22 am »
and whats the problem if he is biased or not?i do not know what in his statement made you believe that but you are biased with 1h shields lol.everyone is biased to some class or another me included(poles).
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 09:59:44 am »
and whats the problem if he is biased or not?i do not know what in his statement made you believe that but you are biased with 1h shields lol.everyone is biased to some class or another me included(poles).
Because in this Poll I ask shielders and balancers about changes they would like to see and not such who direct profit from weak shielders like 2h users.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 10:25:39 am »
well im not a 1h or rarely a shielder (only to charge arches) but ill try and contribute lol

- Forcefield back
no force fields suck

no then they would have to be heavier or something but if they buff cut yes

i dont get y certain weps have a MASSIVE bonus i do agree they should look into that i hate it when one weapon owns a shield yet another with the same stats all around takes 4 times longer

idk it is a giant peice of wood n steel you are holding y would it be light

hmmmmm idk that seems biased in itself y should it only be shields with this ability?

i assume you are refering to glancing??? 1h shouldnt glance at all in close close cambat nay they should get a bonus to NOT glance imo

i think cut across the board should be buffed not just 1h imo. its terrible useless against plat and chain its not like all they used were clubs and picks to kill each other back in the day

yes i agree with san there not all that better to get a 2slot nerf

i hope it help but all in all shielder imo is rather balanced but for cav shield force fields those sucki hate it when im trying to kill horse yet i magically hit shield

i tried to look at it logically so i hope i dont sound too biased (though i see i am in some of my points lol)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 10:59:37 am »
The only improvement i'd like to see for 1handers is better balance between the bigger round shields (huscarl as the main example) and kite/board shields of the same price values. As it is now round shields are better hands down because of the width, 2h/polearms don't really go around your block + it's better for fighting in formations , your --round-- shield can actually save your nearby teammate from the enemy swings.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 11:01:35 am »
damn i see your point but thats as bad as long spears running around imo (ps ima pole yet i hate longspears n owlpikes lulz)