Author Topic: Horse Speed + Acceleration  (Read 16098 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Horse Speed
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31:51 pm »
lol you must be joking, horses are still in the game..and you can still couch people ...and you can still use bullshit 1h from horseback...and you can still bump slash/stab. so sorry you got this game breaking nerf, that leveled you somewhat in terms of balance and what i think fairness. why should you or any cav be able to stack riding skill and make the horse move faster? answer me that

You're right, we must immediately limit the power strike on a weapon based on it's difficulty. A longsword will now always hit with a maximum of 3 Powerstrike bonus, since it is difficulty 10. Any additional powerstrike will be superfluous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: Horse Speed
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »
lol you must be joking, horses are still in the game..and you can still couch people ...and you can still use bullshit 1h from horseback...and you can still bump slash/stab. so sorry you got this game breaking nerf, that leveled you somewhat in terms of balance and what i think fairness. why should you or any cav be able to stack riding skill and make the horse move faster? answer me that

Most cav actually only get enough riding needed for the horse they are using and put the rest in PS/str or whatever.
I stack riding most gens but really the difference isn't that huge, the main thing we, or I atleast am complaining about is the acceleration which is just so ridiculously slow.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Horse Speed + Acceleration
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2011, 07:35:30 pm »
11 pages in 4 hours...

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2011, 07:36:03 pm »
I see that cavalry has been so OP for so long that everyone is under the delusion that they should still be able to go full speed and couch going up a hill/mountain like mountain goats.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 705
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2011, 07:37:35 pm »
I see that cavalry has been so OP for so long that everyone is under the delusion that they should still be able to go full speed and couch going up a hill/mountain like mountain goats.

Sadly, we are part of community consisted of people with very low self esteem.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2011, 07:38:28 pm »

Don't forget lancing while going up ladders and climbing on roofs.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »

Load up the server now and jump on a horse. Lets see how you do.

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »
well ive made several broken horse STF characters with more riding than needed, and it is beyond ridiculous. in that aspect the nerf was well deserved, but its not like cav are useless like everyone on one before this claims. i dont lance all the time so i cant sit here and give my two cents on how you should play your class, but it just seems like now cav is slightly more balanced and less "omg bullet train just couched me" maybe it just takes a little bit more effort or build reconstruction to regain your advantage you have over everyone in the game without a bow

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2011, 07:41:21 pm »
well ive made several broken horse STF characters with more riding than needed, and it is beyond ridiculous. in that aspect the nerf was well deserved, but its not like cav are useless like everyone on one before this claims. i dont lance all the time so i cant sit here and give my two cents on how you should play your class, but it just seems like now cav is slightly more balanced and less "omg bullet train just couched me" maybe it just takes a little bit more effort or build reconstruction to regain your advantage you have over everyone in the game without a bow

I have already said I don't mind the nerf overly on the right maps. On big open desert maps there's little problem. It works fine.

On the mass of hilly village maps we have though, there's hardly any point taking cav.

How you view the nerf is incredibly map dependent.

Edit:

It's quite bad looking through my steam list of GK and out of the 12 that are on, there are only 2 playing crpg. When there'd usually be all of us in game by now. And these are guys that are dedicated cav day in day out. They don't switch to the most popular build at the time or leave something as soon as it gets nerfed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:47:33 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2011, 07:43:57 pm »
Please add back in the Lance of Compensation, this is the perfect time to do it as throwing a bone to cav, and if you want cavalry to be more focused on couching, why then why not bring back the best couchable weapon in the game.

It's the only sensible thing to do, really.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2011, 07:45:29 pm »

You see though, I think this is the exact opposite of what will happen. More often now you will be like that because cavalry can't slow down to do turns and stuff so they will be at full speed all the time and they won't try and engage anyone that they can't couch or get a good full speed lance on because of how slow they accelerate now.

It just seems like most of the skill involved in cavalry has been removed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1249
  • Infamy: 847
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2011, 07:49:57 pm »
Nice to see that some influental clans are already working on "fix" for this "terrible" situation.

Can't believe I was supporter of clan in question...

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2011, 07:50:00 pm »
I think what chadz is trying to say guys, is:

Be patient. They are working on it. It will get better once they're done tweaking. So relax and keep the rage in check. Be nice.

So instead of altering 8% speed/accel/maneuver per riding to point....to say 5%, (roughly 1/3 or 33% value change) you just up and get rid of the entire bonus.  I guess subtlety isnt your forte, when values get cut in half or more.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2011, 07:51:48 pm »
I have already said I don't mind the nerf overly on the right maps. On big open desert maps there's little problem. It works fine.

On the mass of hilly village maps we have though, there's hardly any point taking cav.

How you view the nerf is incredibly map dependent.

Edit:

It's quite bad looking through my steam list of GK and out of the 12 that are on, there are only 2 playing crpg. When there'd usually be all of us in game by now. And these are guys that are dedicated cav day in day out. They don't switch to the most popular build at the time or leave something as soon as it gets nerfed.

I see that you, yourself is under the assumption that horses should be mountain goats.

Also, how ironic, "They don't switch to the most popular build at the time or leave something as soon as it gets nerfed"

Earlier that day.

"It's quite bad looking through my steam list of GK and out of the 12 that are on, there are only 2 playing crpg. When there'd usually be all of us in game by now."

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »
Meh, still topping scoreboards, along with Muffin and Lizardman atm. It's just extremely boring when the only thing you can kill is unaware people, occupied people or headon only by couching. I'm getting used to it, but it doesn't have the fun feel of old cav. Maybe I got spoiled by old acceleration, which was, say, lamborghini, while now it is more zaporozhet. I guess the balance team is gonna try to aim for something a little bit more in between.