Author Topic: Horse Speed + Acceleration  (Read 16078 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: Horse Speed
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »
+1
words

you know nothing.
couches are the most OP thing right now for cav even with the 'short' length.

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2011, 06:27:15 pm »
+1
ok thanks for the constructive approach on a long post.
i m speaking of being able to couch a poleman in front attack
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:28:41 pm by Aymeric »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2011, 06:29:51 pm »
+3
ok thanks for the constructive approach on a long post.
i m speaking of being able to couch a poleman in front attack

You should never be able to couch a dedicated anti cav character who knows what he is doing, that is broken gamebalance.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 373
  • Infamy: 1306
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »
+1
This community is truly crap, yesterday there were 30 horsies now there are five people on both teams...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »
+3
This community is truly crap, yesterday there were 30 horsies now there are five people on both teams...

Reminds me of all those sissies that gave up archery when the arrow speed nerf came into play. Suckers are flavours of the month players more often then not.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »
+1

Give a whole new definition to the game we're all playing: Mount & Blade: Warband
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1910
  • Infamy: 561
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »
+1
Reminds me of all those sissies that gave up archery when the arrow speed nerf came into play. Suckers are flavours of the month players more often then not.

We have so many FOTM players that sometimes I wonder am I playing WoW or Mount&Blade...

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2011, 06:35:50 pm »
+1
that s why i am speaking of dedicated anti cav characters in my post, not that ALL POLEARMS ARE ANTI CAVS

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2011, 06:38:50 pm »
+1
What's fun in inf/cav battles:

Infantry having a chance to counter cav not only by using pikes. A cav that can come up close and does not solely have to rely on speed to fight the infantry, but also on maneuverability and short weapon speed.

You can't have that. It's simply not possible. A cav will not attack an aware enemy if in optimal conditions he doesn't win. Now that 2h do have the advantage vs cav, cav don't try to lance aware 2h anymore.

What's NOT fun in inf/cav battles:

Getting couched. There is no counter measure to couches except jumping out of the way. Cav having to rely solely on speed and if that speed is not reached, riding away. Never really coming close to inf except for that one couch/stab. This will prolong the rounds and make sure cav are the last class to go down in a round.

If you are an inf and you are getting couched, it's your fault. It's extremely easy to strike first given the shit range it has. Couched lance is only useful against unaware enemies (and is indeed much better than lance pokeing in that case because it won't miss half the time for no reason and has much more chances to onehit). If you are caught unaware, it's obviously your fault too.

With those two comments you are sort of negating the point of cavalry. Cavalry isn't about fighting someone for x seconds then killing him or dying, it's about swiftly charging then getting away. The biggest advantage of cav is choosing it's fights. You can't take that away, making a class better against cav will just mean that cav will be less tempted to attack that class.

On a side note, what I repeatedly see in horse complaints is that infantry aren't really crying about any horses, except the arab warhorse. It's the only one footman and ranged aren't able to dodge consistently, because of it's crazy maneuver. It's also the only one making the rider able to kill an enemy horse, then kill it's rider while he's on the ground, defenseless (doesn't happen often, but is quite lame honestly).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2011, 06:40:14 pm »
+1

What do you expect ? What would you do if suddenly your weapon of choice had it's speed rating reduced to 30 ?  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:42:53 pm by Kafein »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
+1
I almost never get couched. I think Dynamike is using a high str / low athl build.  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1815
  • Infamy: 396
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2011, 06:44:53 pm »
+1
What do you expect ? What would you do if suddenly your weapon of choice had it's speed rating reduced to 30 ?  :lol:

Last 6 days I play with practice longsword, gen before that I used pitchfork, I use whatever I can find on the battlefield regardless do I have wpf for it or not. I'm not the right man to answer your question :wink:

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2011, 06:49:59 pm »
+1
only one thig is clear then: we need a RECAP post by devs on what is intended, where they want to go and what are the options they are taknig into account...
i ve never seen such a big one day topic lol.

Offline joey_bologna

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »
+1
CRPG just gets worse and worse, im done with it.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2011, 06:52:39 pm »
+1
they want cav to have 10speed 2 maneuver 1000 health 200 body armour and for people to run into people head on couching lances with no skill involved.