Author Topic: Canceling draw when jumping  (Read 8945 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Canceling draw when jumping
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:19 pm »

I totally agree with what Jambi said.

And chadz, your answer on the thing with "take care about bugs instead of putting new stuff in" is just stupid, sorry :/
Expected more from you...

Take it up with management.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2011, 10:39:25 pm »
And chadz, your answer on the thing with "take care about bugs instead of putting new stuff in" is just stupid, sorry :/

Bwahah...pfff...

Oh god, can't decide if this is funny or just sad  :|

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2011, 10:40:19 pm »
I'll let this one slide but if archery gets nerfed again within the next 6 months I'm switching classes.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2011, 10:40:22 pm »
I've never fought with a sword IRL before, so I have no idea if this is accurate at all: http://www.wikihow.com/Win-a-Swordfight

"Never jump or take both feet off the ground. Try for 2 feet at all times. While jumping may look cool, it will get you killed as you cannot change direction in midair and your balance is gone. You are using a sword as well and therefore you need extra stability and balance. Keeping your feet planted and on the ground is very important. Also, when stepping slide your feet instead of lifting them, this way you can change direction or plant them quickly."

"Let your opponent do all the jumping and running around; if you do you will wear out fast which is extremely fatal."

Only one of those is applicable in Warband, since there is no stamina system. If there was no way of facing a different direction after you jump (something you can do in Warband that is kind of in defiance of all laws of physics) it would be "realistic". There's no "air time" when you jump in cRPG, in the sense that you can start a 360 degree spin after having already left the ground. Again, REALISM IS A HORRIBLE STANDARD FOR BALANCING, I'm just interested in the side discussions focusing on the issue, since so many people think that jump shotting got nerfed on the basis of realism, and feel that doing the same to melee/cav would be equitable. I don't think it has any bearing on balancing in any case.

I just want to point out, in an actual game, Jumping will likely get you killed too. I fail to see why people are bitching about jump slashing. I mean, unless you totally want cav to get a free couch off anyone without a polearm, go right the hell on. Lobby for your ridiculous nerf.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2011, 10:41:52 pm »

What are you, Fench?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2011, 11:16:28 pm »

Any of you guys ever had a sword in your hand?

Ofcourse it's possible to jump with a sword and it's also possible to swing, but you hardly do any damage or whatever with it and you hardly block and the possibility that you stumble because of the weight affecting your jump is very high.
We are talking about european swords, not about asian sabres :rolleyes:

Yes, I have held a sword that isn't a cheap piece of replica shit that weighs more than a real, balanced sword. Even the biggest european swords only weighed about 8lbs, wielded with two hands by someone who has trained for year after year with it, it isn't going to feel heavy at all. And 8lbs is the most extreme,alot of the larger two handed swords weighed between 4-6lbs.

It isn't going to effect your jumping at all, but I don't really see the issue here, jumping ingame in a melee battle results in death most of the time unless you are fighting an unskilled opponent, anyone with an ounce of skill will easily defend or counter such stupid attacks. Where as jump shooting with a bow was beyond ridiculous and allowed infinite kiting, it is much more believeable to jump and swing with a sword than it is to jump, knock an arrow, pull back bowstring and fire upon landing.

Also, recently watched an excellent documentary where they demonstrated alot of stuff, like a guy in a 40lb suit of full plate armour made to fit him, was running across a field with a sword at a decent pace, was very agile and could easily run up to and mount his own horse.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:18:43 pm by Leesin »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2011, 11:25:55 pm »

I totally agree with what Jambi said.

Any of you guys ever had a sword in your hand?

Ofcourse it's possible to jump with a sword and it's also possible to swing, but you hardly do any damage or whatever with it and you hardly block and the possibility that you stumble because of the weight affecting your jump is very high.
We are talking about european swords, not about asian sabres :rolleyes:

i have a kind of greatsword made by a local smith. is not keen but is made with the blade in stainless steel, iron hilt, iron grip covered by several layers of synthetic leather. weights about 1.7 kilograms and is 118 centimeters long. sometimes i go in the garden random swinging around. today i tried to jump forward and side slash. is possible BUT you can't stop the swing mid air (i think it's because you need waist force together with firm legs on the ground). doing a overhead jumping is easy. swinging sides is a bit weird but doable... without stopping it (like unbalanced weapons) and the thrust is comfortable BUT in the landing part. thrusting in the first part of the jump feel a bit stupid.

i don't have a cam so don't troll me about "no proof".

so the deal could be:

jump and side swing = 50% less dmg and speed (or something like the mounted 2h penalty modifier) + UNBALANCED while in air
jump and overhead = no modifications
jump and stab = 50% less dmg and speed in the first part of the jump, no modifications in the last part of the jump.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 765
  • Infamy: 1140
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2011, 11:27:50 pm »
Can you revert this change as well? :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:58 pm »
Yes, I have held a sword that isn't a cheap piece of replica shit that weighs more than a real, balanced sword. Even the biggest european swords only weighed about 8lbs, wielded with two hands by someone who has trained for year after year with it, it isn't going to feel heavy at all. And 8lbs is the most extreme,alot of the larger two handed swords weighed between 4-6lbs.

It isn't going to effect your jumping at all, but I don't really see the issue here, jumping ingame in a melee battle results in death most of the time unless you are fighting an unskilled opponent, anyone with an ounce of skill will easily defend or counter such stupid attacks. Where as jump shooting with a bow was beyond ridiculous and allowed infinite kiting, it is much more believeable to jump and swing with a sword than it is to jump, knock an arrow, pull back bowstring and fire upon landing.

Also, recently watched an excellent documentary where they demonstrated alot of stuff, like a guy in a 40lb suit of full plate armour made to fit him, was running across a field with a sword at a decent pace, was very agile and could easily run up to and mount his own horse.

exactly... and 40lbs = 18 kilograms.. so like a rus scale armor / lamellar armor. a full plate would weight about 55-60lbs. the game measurements aren't so wrong. the sword of war is very similar to the one i have and is nearly 2-3 centimeters longer. i don't have a scale so i can't weight it but i think it's around 1.5-1.8 kgs. (3.3-3.9 lbs)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2011, 11:38:23 pm »
+1
exactly... and 40lbs = 18 kilograms.. so like a rus scale armor / lamellar armor. a full plate would weight about 55-60lbs. the game measurements aren't so wrong. the sword of war is very similar to the one i have and is nearly 2-3 centimeters longer. i don't have a scale so i can't weight it but i think it's around 1.5-1.8 kgs. (3.3-3.9 lbs)

So YOU killed Meredith Kercher...

Too soon?

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:29 pm »
So YOU killed Meredith Kercher...

Too soon?

yeah with a ornamental sword... a scrap tire iron bar could hurt more.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2011, 12:07:16 am »
NERF CAV NERF CAV NERF CAV
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2011, 12:26:49 am »
+1

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2011, 12:30:32 am »

tbh that looks kinda OP, even though it's nerf

also, stop spamming this thread

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:19 am »
I just want to point out, in an actual game, Jumping will likely get you killed too. I fail to see why people are bitching about jump slashing. I mean, unless you totally want cav to get a free couch off anyone without a polearm, go right the hell on. Lobby for your ridiculous nerf.

Are people godamn retarded? Don't you have any reading comprehension whatsoever? Learn to read fucking posts you pointlessly raging moron.