Author Topic: Canceling draw when jumping  (Read 8932 times)

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
Re: Canceling draw when jumping
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2011, 04:06:31 pm »
+1
This would make us all happy, throwing great mauls which crush through shields. If you reach PT 14 you get to throw a Phyrex.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »
+2
Good mod so far, devs. Keep up the good work. There's a reason I still play this game, and it's the changes.

I guarantee you a successful game like TF2  (and this) wouldn't be doing so well if it didn't keep changing. If it wasn't people bitching about the change, it'll be people bitching about the lack of it.

tl;dr THIS At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2011, 04:22:31 pm »
+1
Slashing with a Sword is quite possible while jumping(Not very effectively, really, but its possible) while its REALLY hard to draw an arrow, turn around and shoot precisely with a bow whilst jumping.

Also it was OP.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2226
  • Infamy: 2068
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2011, 04:29:56 pm »
+1
This would make us all happy, throwing great mauls which crush through shields. If you reach PT 14 you get to throw a Phyrex.

Deployable Phyrex :D

We need engineer class in this mod, I want to assemble and deploy Phyrexes, Bjords, Chases and other assassin's to get kills cause I'm uncapable to so on my own :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:31:53 pm by Leshma »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2011, 04:31:13 pm »
+1
Good mod so far, devs. Keep up the good work. There's a reason I still play this game, and it's the changes.

I guarantee you a successful game like TF2  (and this) wouldn't be doing so well if it didn't keep changing. If it wasn't people bitching about the change, it'll be people bitching about the lack of it.

tl;dr THIS At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square..

So you think they twist things periodically to make certain groups of people happy and playing and others bitchy and in need to actively spam forums for a change? That would mean the mod will be always alive. Hmmm.....  :wink:

Not bad, devs.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2011, 04:37:59 pm »
+1
Slashing with a Sword is quite possible while jumping(Not very effectively, really, but its possible) while its REALLY hard to draw an arrow, turn around and shoot precisely with a bow whilst jumping.

Also it was OP.

I've never fought with a sword IRL before, so I have no idea if this is accurate at all: http://www.wikihow.com/Win-a-Swordfight

"Never jump or take both feet off the ground. Try for 2 feet at all times. While jumping may look cool, it will get you killed as you cannot change direction in midair and your balance is gone. You are using a sword as well and therefore you need extra stability and balance. Keeping your feet planted and on the ground is very important. Also, when stepping slide your feet instead of lifting them, this way you can change direction or plant them quickly."

"Let your opponent do all the jumping and running around; if you do you will wear out fast which is extremely fatal."

Only one of those is applicable in Warband, since there is no stamina system. If there was no way of facing a different direction after you jump (something you can do in Warband that is kind of in defiance of all laws of physics) it would be "realistic". There's no "air time" when you jump in cRPG, in the sense that you can start a 360 degree spin after having already left the ground. Again, REALISM IS A HORRIBLE STANDARD FOR BALANCING, I'm just interested in the side discussions focusing on the issue, since so many people think that jump shotting got nerfed on the basis of realism, and feel that doing the same to melee/cav would be equitable. I don't think it has any bearing on balancing in any case.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:40:22 pm by Oberyn »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2011, 04:47:22 pm »
+1
I said Possible, not advisable.

I am sure jumpshooting didnt get nerfed because of realism, but its a nice explanation.Truth is, Jumpshooting is horribly op, Jumpslashing indeed isnt.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Dahobo

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2011, 05:00:38 pm »
+1
Well if we are basing this game on real life then how come people can swing weapons underwater,why cant people swim,why dont people drown, why don't people in plate get tired, how come crossbow speed is so fast, why dont you actually reach into your quiver when reloading, blah blah more ranting and stuff

This is a game its supposed to be balanced and fun so deal with it.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2011, 05:23:48 pm »
+1
you mad? only a ninja can catch an already far archer with 8ATH, light gear and weightless bows (warbow weight is 1.5)

you will still not catch em but at least archers will not kite soloing an entire team.

Im aware of that, but atleast this shows that the devs actually seen this problem. And how op it is. Since all infantry is unable to kill kiting archers.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2011, 05:28:53 pm »
+2
NO MOAR FUCKING JUMPING ARCHERS
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2011, 05:33:03 pm »
+1

We only need to take care of the roofcamping problem, and maybe give the archers some compensation.

I'd play a lot more, for an example.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2011, 05:34:05 pm »
+1
I've never fought with a sword IRL before, so I have no idea if this is accurate at all: http://www.wikihow.com/Win-a-Swordfight

"Never jump or take both feet off the ground. Try for 2 feet at all times. While jumping may look cool, it will get you killed as you cannot change direction in midair and your balance is gone. You are using a sword as well and therefore you need extra stability and balance. Keeping your feet planted and on the ground is very important. Also, when stepping slide your feet instead of lifting them, this way you can change direction or plant them quickly."

"Let your opponent do all the jumping and running around; if you do you will wear out fast which is extremely fatal."

nothing new.. in this game, if you jump when engaged in melee, you surely give a free split second to your enemy to go behind/on your flanks. if you jump under ranged fire is even worse...

so?

jump slashing is neither OP, abnormal or retarded... is just risky.
jump shooting instead is the best way to keep the range while pinpoint shooting. countless times i survived a good amount of infantry by kiting and jumpthrowing with my thrower alt. is effortless.

also jumping with a draw weight of 810 Newtons (160Lb/ft... welsh longbow)? only chuck norris can do that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:42:42 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »
+3
FFS, a good archer is a good archer.  Eu1, right now:

(click to show/hide)

He don't need no jumpshootin'

He just good.

If you need it to win, you suck.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2011, 05:36:31 pm »
+1
Well if we are basing this game on real life then how come people can swing weapons underwater,why cant people swim,why dont people drown, why don't people in plate get tired, how come crossbow speed is so fast, why dont you actually reach into your quiver when reloading, blah blah more ranting and stuff

This is a game its supposed to be balanced and fun so deal with it.

you forgot "why when a player die in battle don't get a heartattack IRL?" would be cool.. no more bitching around... TKs will be punished by national law about murder... could work. with WSE we can!

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:05 pm »
+1
YAAA BUDDY!!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%