Author Topic: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.  (Read 8962 times)

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 12:47:03 pm »
I must say the only OP thing about 1h is the uber damage overhead,wich is very quick too, and every shielder i see ends up just spamming me with those.. :rolleyes:

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »
Greatswords should play support role, just like mauls etc.

Yes, 1H+Shield must be dps, tanks and support, everything else is just for support.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »
Yes, 1H+Shield must be dps, tanks and support, everything else is just for support.

UrLukur's stamp of approval!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:26 pm »
i can only say that shields are breakable items, even a huscalar breaks after max 3 opponent... manual block cant harm sword/polearms

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 12:57:00 pm »
i can only say that shields are breakable items, even a huscalar breaks after max 3 opponent... manual block cant harm sword/polearms

And if your shield breaks what stops you from manual blocking? Or because you are a shielder it is your right to never have to manual block?

Maybe shielders should get autoblock, manual blocking is so unfair :shock:

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38:51 pm »
Punisher. You waste your time on obv. reta....ehm... unhappy ppl. who like spending time on useless "want 1H+Board+TacticalNukeAttached" threads.

UrLukur. Just your way of argumentation gives a great idea why u are so unhappy with ur class.
You would be with every other class too, let me tell you that.

Know why. You simply seem too suck, you neither have an idea how to play ur class nor an constructive ideas.

Just deinstall and do youself a big favour. OMFG.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:10 pm »
I must say the only OP thing about 1h is the uber damage overhead,wich is very quick too, and every shielder i see ends up just spamming me with those.. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you can't block over heads so ofc we would use them against you.  :rolleyes: If I find some one who can block left n right the next slash I try is an up slash. Maybe you should practice blocking over heads instead of whining in the forums about it?
On it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2011, 03:38:22 pm »
UrLukur. Just your way of argumentation gives a great idea why u are so unhappy with ur class.
You would be with every other class too, let me tell you that.

Know why. You simply seem too suck, you neither have an idea how to play ur class nor an constructive ideas.

Just deinstall and do youself a big favour. OMFG.

Word.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 04:27:51 pm »
1H+shield - pros:  - shield that requires no skill blah blah we get it, but we also invested some points to use those while you get to convert them into agi or w/e i think it evens out
                                       - speed - 1h are the fastest weapons in the game (for comparison there is only one other weapon with matching speed, the katana) true but only since every other weapon class has been speed nerfed a bit too much I would be willing to buff these instead of nerfing 1h
                                        - if they can put their shield away not even the katana can outspam them just not true even with a balanced spammy I have to block against 2handers...maybe I just fail as a 1h spammer idk the problem still is back peddlers who get out of my range
                                        - the best animation in the game - the left side swing that in 90% of the cases is a 1shot kill to the head, especially with pierce damage (what other build has a weapon with 33 pierce dmg on  swing and 100 speed?) Agree this is our deadliest attack only 1 shot kill with steel pick, and thats only if its a face slash
                                        - easiest gameplay, *just facehug-spam to death-move to next enemy* -Lol no! face hugging as a sheilder means our swords will more often than not bounce, while 2h/pa just have to look a little bit at our feet and still do damage! don't do this as a shielder. Plus one could also say its the agi whores who have the easiest game play, or the str whores, or the archery buggers, or the throwing tards...ect ect its all about perception.

- cons: - range  (you hits won't bounce - I disagree most 1h swords do bounce a ton, its why I use a spammy they just don't bounce as often)
                              - damage
                              *-Slow moving*
Sry punisher but I got to fight you on this - on top of range as a con our shield slows us down a ton. The biggest problem I have as a shielder are the back peddling 2h/PA that can dance in and out of my reach. But I'm fine with that. Ive never one shotted any one with anything other than a face slash with the steel pick, but I do get one shotted all the time by 2h/pa, i'm cool with that as well.

So we end up with:

Pros:
Shields
Weapon speed
and one fatal animation

Cons:
Low range
Low damage
Running speed

Seems balanced to me  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:56:00 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »
And if your shield breaks what stops you from manual blocking? Or because you are a shielder it is your right to never have to manual block?

Maybe shielders should get autoblock, manual blocking is so unfair :shock:

^This
before I would ever support any kind of speed nerf for 1hands (they are fine the way they are imo) i would support a hp nerf to shields. Right now they last and last and last and I often don't have to manual block a single time in a round. thats why most 2h/pa users are raging.
On it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »
^This
before I would ever support any kind of speed nerf for 1hands (they are fine the way they are imo) i would support a hp nerf to shields. Right now they last and last and last and I often don't have to manual block a single time in a round. thats why most 2h/pa users are raging.

Bullseye, my friend.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 05:37:51 pm »
Sounds like you can't block over heads so ofc we would use them against you.  :rolleyes: If I find some one who can block left n right the next slash I try is an up slash. Maybe you should practice blocking over heads instead of whining in the forums about it?
Why so angry, havent get laid ?  . i just mean its pretty annoying when there is like 40% shielders of the whole infantry and everyone of them clusterfuck you with this  way: right,left,right,left, right right, and then just overhead spam, and if you manage to get a hit trough, then you get another shielder on you , usually die, (i came to this concluson with my 2h char) . im really considering making a 1h..

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 05:49:53 pm »
can't we let people play like they want?

What if I want to play as a plater?  :shock:
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
Why so angry, havent get laid ?  . i just mean its pretty annoying when there is like 40% shielders of the whole infantry and everyone of them clusterfuck you with this  way: right,left,right,left, right right, and then just overhead spam, and if you manage to get a hit trough, then you get another shielder on you , usually die, (i came to this concluson with my 2h char) . im really considering making a 1h..

Lol show me the anger in my post, belief me there was none. Getting laid isnt the problem
(click to show/hide)
I can't block over heads very well either, the difference is I don't come in whining about  :lol:.

I encourage you to do so! theres so much misinformation coming from both 2h/PA users and newbie 1handers going around that it's quite on the level of retarted.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:00:49 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 06:35:31 pm »
I dont think sword and board users are op, and I dont think 2h/pa are either.  they are all fairly well balanced for their class types.  In the end it all comes down to personal skill and knowing when the strike window is with the equipment you have on.

Im a 2h player, and fighting SB is always a challenge.  stay out of the spam zone, spam in return at the range intended for your weapon.  Look for feints.  if they close with you, you are dead (if they are any good).  that seems pretty balanced to me.
I like to do what I am supposed to do with my class anyhow:  break up fights that are already happening.  kill my teammates opponents.  ambush archers.

2h Ambush fun

Play smart. 
more than one turtle + me = run 
one turtle + me = fight
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper