Author Topic: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:03:42 pm »
We have a new "Swiss knife" build. Wanna' be effective? Just get a ridiculously fast one-hander, with light speed, a BIG round shield, to piss off anyone, and don't forget to bring a throwing weapon as well!

I have nothing against hybridization, but this is beginning to piss me off, when I try to charge, 3 shielders backpedal and start throwing shit at me, or they just lolturtle-facehug me.

While my pole weapons got a speed nerf, these guys got a speed buff. They became insanely fast, I can't even see their damned swings, let alone counterattacking.

One-handers can be lightning fast without a shield, I'm cool with that. But with a big ass steel shield.. it doesn't make sense.
They are effective, fast, powerful, can use a shield, can annoy everyone with easymode point-blank lolthrow kills.

Meh.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:05:15 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »
They are a huge problem to anyone with more than 60 ping, i have 70 so i know what you're talking about. No idea how to fix it other than to get a better connection.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:30:18 pm »
We have a new "Swiss knife" build. Wanna' be effective? Just get a ridiculously fast one-hander, with light speed, a BIG round shield, to piss off anyone, and don't forget to bring a throwing weapon as well!

I have nothing against hybridization, but this is beginning to piss me off, when I try to charge, 3 shielders backpedal and start throwing shit at me, or they just lolturtle-facehug me.

While my pole weapons got a speed nerf, these guys got a speed buff. They became insanely fast, I can't even see their damned swings, let alone counterattacking.

One-handers can be lightning fast without a shield, I'm cool with that. But with a big ass steel shield.. it doesn't make sense.
They are effective, fast, powerful, can use a shield, can annoy everyone with easymode point-blank lolthrow kills.

Meh.

What weapon they use ?
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:35:38 pm »
Swords, picks.. a lot of weapons. Spammy and other one handers became even worse to face.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:37:19 pm »
Picks seem to be the best currently. 2 hit killing pretty much anything. I wouldn't say 1h is OP though, but they definitely don't need buffing.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
Too fast?  What on earth are you trying to duel them with, great mauls?  For the most part 1hers aren't that quick at all, and pretty telegraphed.  But hey, everyone has a harder time with something so maybe they're just your achilles heel.  Mine is lolspinlolstabberslolololstabs.  I'm using a 92 speed unbalanced sword (Man Cleaver) and 1h/shielders are pretty easy tbh.  It's mostly the polespammers that give me a hard time.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 11:42:17 pm »
Too fast?  What on earth are you trying to duel them with, great mauls?

Elegant Poleaxe / Swiss 'Berd.

But damn.. they eat me for breakfast. I'm supposed to be the anti-shield guy, it's weird.
Maybe I'll need to get used to my primary weapon again, it gets slower and slower every patch.. hope it won't go down again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:44:33 pm by Christo »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 11:49:59 pm »
Elegant Poleaxe / Swiss 'Berd.

But damn.. they eat me for breakfast. I'm supposed to be the anti-shield guy, it's weird.
Maybe I'll need to get used to my primary weapon again, it gets slower and slower every patch.. hope it won't go down again.

They are not that fast, side sword is fast and pick is fast, others are slow. Also Huscarl is very good shield, best one. The combo cost more than yours. 92 speed polearms are quite fast if you ask me. Even Glavie is fast. Problem lies in your skills.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:52:02 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 11:53:51 pm »
i really don't see how they are too fast. 2handers can nonstop swing and kill lower level shielders without them having a chance to counterattack. higher level chars can counter attack but are still slower than 2h

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:56:56 pm »
All I see is that 1hs became finally competitive.  :wink:

Played every build except cavalry. Right now I think all are where they should be with one exception:

Throwing!  :twisted:

Forgot to mention, I'm currently an Archer (PD5 Strong bow 140WPF) and Polearm(PS5 Bec or Iron Staff 107WPF)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:59:01 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 11:58:32 pm »
1h+shield is currently the most powerful build, too bad it's so boring to play. It still amazes me how 1handers still whine about being underpowered after athey got buffed, while 2H/PA got nerfed and their main complaint is spam... when all a 1H does is right-click to raise his shield, wait for the opponent to hit once than immediately spam-spam-spam, enemy dead, move to next target. And these days most 1h+shield are hybrids with throwing, so the ranged advantage of 2H/PA is history.

Don't belive me? Take a look on the servers, more than 50% of the infantry people are 1H+Shield, same goes for big clans that now seem to rely on 1h+shields as well (DRZ for example).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:00:24 am by Punisher »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 12:03:25 am »
1h+shield is currently the most powerful build, too bad it's so boring to play. It still amazes me how 1handers still whine about being underpowered after athey got buffed, while 2H/PA got nerfed and their main complaint is spam... when all a 1H does is right-click to raise his shield, wait for the opponent to hit once than immediately spam-spam-spam, enemy dead, move to next target. And these days most 1h+shield are hybrids with throwing, so the ranged advantage of 2H/PA is history.

Don't belive me? Take a look on the servers, more than 50% of the infantry people are 1H+Shield, same goes for big clans that now seem to rely on 1h+shields as well (DRZ for example).

? Katana agi ? 1h cannot spam that fast. You can block after first hit, unlike strike from barmace, blunt polearm etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:04:31 am by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:19 am »
Eh, I'd say onehanders are quite well balanced these days. Would be nice if more shields would get rebalanced to not be useless junk compared to the huscarl, but eh.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 12:20:42 am »
On one hand I don't believe two handers need any further nerf and i'm wary to nerf one handers if only to give noobies a chance and I want to experiment with some one hander stuff(muhahah )

Two hand ought to be the elite class and it is now:no ranged defence or shield use with wpf,  no throwing weapons u can use as a melee with the x key, no horserear(we are there, at this point your using twohand as a style choice instead of polearms)

The thing we are really seeing is that banner balances give more power to the shield builds that have always been better in massed fighting due to passive protection against ranged attacks and of course holding the right mouse button and falling back into your clanmates after u get damaged

The reality of the game after banner balance may mean we should look at weakening the thrust damage of one hand polearm and shield and one hand and shield

My main retired to polearm thrower and I will probably for once in ten gems have shield skill

It was that or one hand but I want to try halfswording for the lulz

Ps Urlurkur is the biggest onehand.lobbying guy in the world anything he posts is a lie thx

Next gen I go one hand im letting my alts sit just takes too long to level them

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 12:22:21 am »
On one hand I don't believe two handers need any further nerf and i'm wary to nerf one handers if only to give noobies a chance and I want to experiment with some one hander stuff(muhahah )

Two hand ought to be the elite class and it is now:no ranged defence or shield use with wpf,  no throwing weapons u can use as a melee with the x key, no horserear(we are there, at this point your using twohand as a style choice instead of polearms)

The thing we are really seeing is that banner balances give more power to the shield builds that have always been better in massed fighting due to passive protection against ranged attacks and of course holding the right mouse button and falling back into your clanmates after u get damaged

The reality of the game after banner balance may mean we should look at weakening the thrust damage of one hand polearm and shield and one hand and shield

My main retired to polearm thrower and I will probably for once in ten gems have shield skill

It was that or one hand but I want to try halfswording for the lulz

Ps Urlurkur is the biggest onehand.lobbying guy in the world anything he posts is a lie thx

Next gen I go one hand im letting my alts sit just takes too long to level them

Get over elite class bullshit, 2h are support class like others. You can still use a shield to block projectiles. Barmace is great from horseback. Thrown weapons with x mode sucks anyway.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:25:34 am by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"