Author Topic: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.  (Read 8917 times)

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
Re: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 01:43:56 am »
A few swords did.  By and large it's just that the other weapons got slower and people lost their heirlooms.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:31 am »
weight 1.3
requirement 11
spd rtng 100
weapon length 95
swing damage 29, cut
thrust damage 26 pierce

Would be better, 33 stab is just stupid. Nerf katana speed to 100 and damage to 35/19. Decrease price of both. Done.

Also thomek, 2h and Poles have superior builds as they don't have to pack 4-5-6 skill in shields to fight. So ?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:09:39 am by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 02:06:06 am »
1h too fast?

Whatever.

2h and Polearms can outspam any 1h weapon due to superior animations.  1h/Shield is probably the weakest combination I've played in this game so far.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 05:46:44 am »
We have a new "Swiss knife" build. Wanna' be effective? Just get a ridiculously fast one-hander, with light speed, a BIG round shield, to piss off anyone, and don't forget to bring a throwing weapon as well!

I have nothing against hybridization, but this is beginning to piss me off, when I try to charge, 3 shielders backpedal and start throwing shit at me, or they just lolturtle-facehug me.
Hey, last week i had such a build  :mrgreen: . Aww, i have loved it when a 2hand/pole fighter tried to backpedal and got one of my daggers in the chest.
Anyway, there is a huge delay if you try to throw out of a shield block, this might be your chance.

While my pole weapons got a speed nerf, these guys got a speed buff. They became insanely fast, I can't even see their damned swings, let alone counterattacking.
In turtlemode the shielder does not swing back, that is why you see no attacks. :P
Ok seriously, i know that feeling. Especially the left swings seem to come out of nowhere.

One-handers can be lightning fast without a shield, I'm cool with that. But with a big ass steel shield.. it doesn't make sense.
They are effective, fast, powerful, can use a shield, can annoy everyone with easymode point-blank lolthrow kills.

Meh.

Well, the most of us have two hands  and each hand can operate independent of the other.
So why this should make no sense?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 10:58:09 am »
I think 1h is pretty ok at the moment, with one exception: the left to right slash. Not only is it almost impossible to see with certain types of swords (e.g. sidesword), but it also frequently 2-shots full plate users, because of headshots. Manual blocking is hard enough, so you should at least be able to see what kind of swing is coming at you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 11:03:11 am »
I think 1h is pretty ok at the moment, with one exception: the left to right slash. Not only is it almost impossible to see with certain types of swords (e.g. sidesword), but it also frequently 2-shots full plate users, because of headshots. Manual blocking is hard enough, so you should at least be able to see what kind of swing is coming at you.

It's not that hard to see, just watch his movement.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1402
  • Infamy: 301
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:26 am »
So you guys think Side Sword is OP. Great, that means I'll easy trade my Balanced (maybe Masterwork) sidesword for some Balanced (Masterwork) Polearm.

I've tried to use that sword and while it has epic thrust and it's fast (with a shield differnce between 98 and 102 1h sword speed isn't something to brag about) hitbox is extremely crappy, actually it's normal while curved weapons have great hitbox (aka no need for precision). Scimitar lacks trust and deal less damage but overall it's much easier sword to use, Broad One Handed Axe is a lot shorter on paper but in theory with both SS and BOHA you have to facehug your enemy to hit him so 20 or so length on Side Sword isn't great advantage. Long Espada Eslavona and Elite Scimitar are only 1H weapons which I've tried that allows you to attack from some distance, other require facehugging.

And to be able to effectively facehug people you need a lot of agi and athletics, which means low str and ps. Huscarl is really heavy which means you're a true turtle, really, really slow. Anyone using 2H and having 21 agi 7 ath can get beside you if you're balanced build like me. Not mention server lag, random slashes thru shield etc.

I'm all for nerfing Side Sword but first let me get rid of the damn weapon. I choose it cause it fit my character style not for the stats and especially not because of epic price (SS+Huscarl = 15,5k gold). I'm going polearms cause I'm so sucky player that I can't effectively use OP Side Sword with my current build.

Also dedicated Ninjas, even Thomek who's much more experienced player than me shouldn't talk about game balance cause they probably never tried more than their Ninja and one more class beside Ninja. I've played as 1H+Shield, as archer, as xbowmen, as lancer, as 1H on horse, as polearms, as 2h tincan and as Ninja. I'm not good at any of these roles but at least I have some perspective which most Ninjas including Thomek don't have.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:14 am »
Don't mind Urlukur even if 1H get 200 speed and 1shot everyone he will still whine about 2h/PA. He is the biggest whiner I have ever seen.

On topic:

1H+shield - pros:  - shield that requires no skill to block with and protects against projectiles
                                       - speed - 1h are the fastest weapons in the game (for comparison there is only one other weapon with matching speed, the katana)
                                        - if they can put their shield away not even the katana can outspam them
                                        - the best animation in the game - the left side swing that in 90% of the cases is a 1shot kill to the head, especially with pierce damage (what other build has a weapon with 33 pierce dmg on  swing and 100 speed?)
                                        - easiest gameplay, just facehug-spam to death-move to next enemy

- cons: - range (arguable, in clusterfucks less range is an advantage, you hits won't bounce)
                              - damage (this is arguable as there are some weapons like the 33 pierce pick that have high 1shot potential, but usually the only difference is that 1h require 2-3 hits to kill, while 2h/PA require 2 hits, but against another 2h/polearm, against a shielder even with a shield bonus weapon you need 6-7 hits to kill)

2H/Polearms - pros: - range (arguable, in clusterfucks more range=more bounce, also when a shielder hugs you your hits can bounce)
                                           - damage (this is arguable though)
                                -cons: - have to manual block
                                           - no projectile protection (and if you want a shield you must use shield skillpoints that are useless to you, compared to a 1h+shield that maximizes the benefits of shield skillpoints)

And to put it in a rock-paper-scissors way:

1h+shield is weak against cav, very strong against ranged and strong against 2H/PA
2h is weak against cav and ranged, mediocre against 1h+shield, mostly competes with other 2h/PA
PA is weak against ranged, strong against cav (they can use pike efficiently) and let's say strong against 1h+shield as the best polearms have bonus dmg vs shields

Note that I'm talking about regular battles, NOT DUELS.

But yeah, 1h+shield definetly needs more buffing, NERF 2H!!!!!11111

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:29:35 am by Punisher »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 11:29:58 am »
Or! Or! How about we calm down with the nerf-mania? *cough after throwing weapons have been nerfed cough*

Also what I don't understand are the people whining about 2H. When I see anyone with a 2h, I immediately go to them for easy kills. Shielders are way more frustrating and dangerous too. Archers can shoot you until you even reach them, cavalry, well you won't even catch them...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:32:15 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 11:56:10 am »
1H + Shield being the weakest build in this game?

Two names:
DimaUrban
Merc_Fencer

Not even mentioning all the other drz, merc, hre, fallen etc. players that give every 2H guy a hard time.

Some ppl have totally worthless "we need to buff 1H" arguements coz they exclude the reality on the battlefield.

1H is beatable, it isnt easy, way harder than it was before, but ok as it is now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:00:05 pm by v/onMega »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »
Don't mind Urlukur even if 1H get 200 speed and 1shot everyone he will still whine about 2h/PA. He is the biggest whiner I have ever seen.

On topic:

1H+shield - pros:  - shield that requires no skill to block with and protects against projectiles
                                       - speed - 1h are the fastest weapons in the game (for comparison there is only one other weapon with matching speed, the katana)
                                        - if they can put their shield away not even the katana can outspam them
                                        - the best animation in the game - the left side swing that in 90% of the cases is a 1shot kill to the head, especially with pierce damage (what other build has a weapon with 33 pierce dmg on  swing and 100 speed?)
                                        - easiest gameplay, just facehug-spam to death-move to next enemy

- cons: - range (arguable, in clusterfucks less range is an advantage, you hits won't bounce)
                              - damage (this is arguable as there are some weapons like the 33 pierce pick that have high 1shot potential, but usually the only difference is that 1h require 2-3 hits to kill, while 2h/PA require 2 hits, but against another 2h/polearm, against a shielder even with a shield bonus weapon you need 6-7 hits to kill)

2H/Polearms - pros: - range (arguable, in clusterfucks more range=more bounce, also when a shielder hugs you your hits can bounce)
                                           - damage (this is arguable though)
                                -cons: - have to manual block
                                           - no projectile protection (and if you want a shield you must use shield skillpoints that are useless to you, compared to a 1h+shield that maximizes the benefits of shield skillpoints)

And to put it in a rock-paper-scissors way:

1h+shield is weak against cav, very strong against ranged and strong against 2H/PA
2h is weak against cav and ranged, mediocre against 1h+shield, mostly competes with other 2h/PA
PA is weak against ranged, strong against cav (they can use pike efficiently) and let's say strong against 1h+shield as the best polearms have bonus dmg vs shields

Note that I'm talking about regular battles, NOT DUELS.

But yeah, 1h+shield definetly needs more buffing, NERF 2H!!!!!11111

Actually, READ THE FUCKIN THREAD RETARD. Thank you.

Actually, 1h are slower than 2h thanks to animations.
You admited that katana can outspam them with ease 1h with shield. Without shield 1h is outranged, have less speed and deal less damage and have wasted points in shield.
1h don't have best animations, 2h have best animations.

1h + shield do fine thanks to side sword. On the other hand, 2h should act as support with weapons with 111+ range. Right now greatswords are excellent dueling weapons which is just not fair.

Easiest gameplay have 2h - block overhead overhead overhead, bar mace, long iron mace, great maul.

At the moment, all melee do just fine.
1h thanks to side sword, pick and huscarl
2h thanks to barmace, mauls, german, greatswords, miaodao
Polearms thanks to pike, longawlpike, awlpike, hafted blades and heavy lance.

1h have edge over ranged, 2h have edge in melee, Poles have edge against cavalry.

2h and Poles have more points to spend as they don't have to waste them on shield skill, so are faster even more.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »
Right now greatswords are excellent dueling weapons which is just not fair.

How is that not fair, again?  :lol:

So if you got to decide, 2h would be vulnerable to everything and their only function would be supporting the god-mode shielders that rule everything?

Well, I'm glad you don't get to decide!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 12:24:26 pm »
How is that not fair, again?  :lol:

So if you got to decide, 2h would be vulnerable to everything and their only function would be supporting the god-mode shielders that rule everything?

Well, I'm glad you don't get to decide!

It's not fair in the sense they are great dueling weapon that have advantage 1vs1 versus pretty much every weapon. 2h should have dueling weapons, but not those with 120+ range.

Greatswords should play support role, just like mauls etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:26:50 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »
"Greatswords should play support role, just like mauls etc."

Jeez Urlukur. You really have a twisted view on things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 12:41:14 pm »
"Greatswords should play support role, just like mauls etc."

Jeez Urlukur. You really have a twisted view on things.

Um, why ? Expecting that this long weapon does not act as dueling weapon is twisted? If they would like to have edge in duel, there are many bastards swords around, they require more skill but how it's bad ?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:43:32 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"