Poll

You are at spawn, 2 sec later a new guy spawns on your team,you've never seen him before. He starts attacking you unprovoked. After 3 swings with his giant axe he crushes your shield, and then he kills you with 2 swings. The admin should:

He should give the TKer a written warning in general chat.
He should give the TKer a written warning in the admin chat (pink text)
He should kick the TKer off the server as a warning.
He should kick the TKer off the server as a punishment.
He should ban the TKer for 1 hour.
He should ban the TKer for 1 day.
He should ban the TKer for 2  days.
He should ban the TKer for 3 days.
He should ban the TKer for 4 days.
He should ban the TKer for a week.
He should ban the TKer permanently.
He should not ban the TKer because the TKer is in a major clan that will retaliate against the admin for months.
He should mute the TKer.

Author Topic: What to do about TKers?  (Read 6017 times)

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
Re: What to do about TKers?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:26 am »
+1
He should not ban the TKer because the TKer is in a major clan that will retaliate against the admin for months.
Crymoar. You fail troll.

Otherwise is there a 'do fuck all' part that we can all tick? Because this is a stupid question, they should only be warned, and I think most Admins have decent enough judgement to handle non-deliberate accidents efficiently. (Some... some if not most... though there is this just one guy...)  :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:01:13 am by The_Angle »

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 01:32:39 pm »
i dont get what the difference is between kicking somebody as a punishment or as a warning , there the exact same thing and end in the same result, a kick. Those votes should be added into 1
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Buffalo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 01:48:09 pm »
If the admin saw the whole thing  = perm ban

Let him write an explanation on forums before lifting it (if ever)

Tindel, I have seen you repeatetly tk'ing people when no enamies around, so be carefull what you wish for ;-)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 02:28:49 pm »
I believe admins know how to do their job; otherwise they wouldn't be admins (like your case). I think common sense dictates to one's self to kick the team-killer, and ban him if he reiterates. Nevertheless, I would rather follow the penultimate vote.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 02:50:18 pm »
like my best fuckin solution to this is just make any teamhits aply to the attacker so the damage is reflected back at him.
the problem is there are so many downsides to this.

i disagree. we just need a "karma" system like some native servers. you TK too much, (2-3 times per round) you get autokicked by server. you join again, another 3-4 tks and you get autobanned for 1hour.

admins do know their job of course. but admins are not online every second (obviously) so an automatic system for lesser infamous servers would be cool.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:51:46 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 03:54:37 pm »
Tindel, I have seen you repeatetly tk'ing people when no enamies around, so be carefull what you wish for ;-)

haha

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 03:57:16 pm »
+2
What do you do Nuffen u ask?

First you warn, than you kick, than you ban.

case closed.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 04:17:53 pm »
I think if the admin sees taht the TKer is a troll, obviously started the killing without having anything done to him, he should be banned for one hour. Done. After that, he does it again within the next day or so, 3 day ban.

Some assholes need not be playing, and until the admins actually do something about TKers or douchebags, we'll have MANY a good player leaving this "community".
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »
i dont get what the difference is between kicking somebody as a punishment or as a warning , there the exact same thing and end in the same result, a kick. Those votes should be added into 1

Its interested if people see the kick as a warning or a punishment, thats all. I trust everyone who read the poll got the brainpower to pull those two together when considering how many who wants a kick as a reaction.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 04:56:20 pm »
Situation at  194 voters:
40% of the voters asking for a simple warning or a kick, 65% of them asking for a kick
53% of the voters asking for a ban, 50% of them asking for a 1/2 day ban only.

The interesting message about your poll is that 80% of the people asking for a kick prefer seeing it as a warning than a punishment, that should have a lot of meaning for admins.

The rest was a bit bit predictable, i mean 43% kicks / 57% bans (not counting the 11 clear trolls), because the offense you defined is too rare and too serious to give your poll a real meaning mate.
The guy is not joking or taking revenge, but really trying to tk around for no reason apparently, this doesn't happen much.
Also that part of the question: "...new guy spawns on your team,you've never seen him before...", makes it a rare case.

Most tk i see are spammers being careless (like me), then quite a few revenge and retaliation and anger from chat bullshit pple throw at each other, and ofc some trolling mate, not much of the kind you described there. You implied a harsh answer from voters in your question.

Most of them, it's true, didn't advise the kick, but only because this kind of offense is very rare and serious.

In all other cases I would prefer a kick if its the first time you see the offender behave that way, but if its not the first time at all, i would agree with 24H ban as a warning this kind of behavior is really offensive to other players and can't be tolerated.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 05:05:46 pm »
sorry i didnt look much previous posts.
yes man warning and not punishment, very important point there. Let's all discuss it.

It is making the distinction between not tolerating severe offenses on your server, and punishing those who break your rules.
I know it seems the same but it's not, it will affect the way you will admin.

Remember, being admin is not about punishing the offenders or enforcing the rules like a psycho to "educate those stupid trolls", it's about not tolerating excessive disturbing behavior and giving everyone a good place to play together, no more, no less.

A little example with offensive nicknames:
For offensive nicknames tell the guy to apply for namechange, if he says hes gonna change his nick then do nothing, except if the name is very offensive or if you see him again with that name. Then tell him to do a namechange, how to do it, and ask him to leave the serv or you will kick him, tell him he can play with an alt char with another nick in the meantime. You will not punish him for choosing a bad name, you will kick those who don't cooperate because offensive nicks are not tolerated on the server.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:15:35 pm by highglandeur »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 05:13:03 pm »
Warn -> Kick -> Ban

This. It is the magic formula.

An effort should always be made to talk to the people involved before our brave, fucking hero takes up the Banhammer of Righteousness and, with much candor, begins beating the living fun out of somebody. Our "hero" in this case being anybody either a) an admin (real or hypothetical) or b) one of the people who read the initial post, and then visualized themselves as an admin responding to the situation in their own, special way, meting out internet justice.

But none of this really matters, so...

"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
yes man talk but use that girlish pink as less as possible, only to warn ban is coming...

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »
and yeh, who cares?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »
Gash you people are awfully mild. So I can deliberately tk someone twice and continue playing according to all the warn-kick-ban people? No wonder the servers are a mess.