Poll

You are at spawn, 2 sec later a new guy spawns on your team,you've never seen him before. He starts attacking you unprovoked. After 3 swings with his giant axe he crushes your shield, and then he kills you with 2 swings. The admin should:

He should give the TKer a written warning in general chat.
He should give the TKer a written warning in the admin chat (pink text)
He should kick the TKer off the server as a warning.
He should kick the TKer off the server as a punishment.
He should ban the TKer for 1 hour.
He should ban the TKer for 1 day.
He should ban the TKer for 2  days.
He should ban the TKer for 3 days.
He should ban the TKer for 4 days.
He should ban the TKer for a week.
He should ban the TKer permanently.
He should not ban the TKer because the TKer is in a major clan that will retaliate against the admin for months.
He should mute the TKer.

Author Topic: What to do about TKers?  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What to do about TKers?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 04:29:11 pm »
I would try and warn while it's happening, putting myself inbetween them if I'm alive.

You sir, are a noble gentleman, risking bodily harm to yourself in order to protect the innocent.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vrael

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Vrael
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 04:48:15 pm »
I would warn him first.

When I played Siege last week, I saw several guys running around with no flags at their head around the castle. I attack them and kill one of them. Then someone want to pollban me for tk. So I understand that 1/3 of the enemies I saw were teammates.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 04:59:53 pm »
Zero tolerance to tking right after spawn. Even if its a new guy, if he starts killing the first thing he sees after spawn, you probably dont want him playing this mod. 3 day ban!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 06:20:11 pm »
The admin should ban the guy who got tked for starting the fight.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »
He should not ban the TKer because the TKer is in a major clan that will retaliate against the admin for months.

i see something sparkling... tears maybe?

anyway imo the right action would be:

Kicking the TKer as a warning

so if the TKer have a banner sprite error, will come back to the server to state his reasons behind the repeatedly TH leading to TK and will be resolved without too much hatred.

if the TKer don't come back, well the truth will be pretty clear.

if the Tker come back and start teamattacking, offending, cursing, then probably the second kick + 30mins ban should be the best bet.

there should be no mercy about reckless griefers tho.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:22 pm »
+2
Getting unjustly banned can ruin the game for you.
Getting intentionally TKed can just as easy ruin the game.

I disagree. If you can't handle getting tk'd once in a blue moon, don't play cRPG. I'm not condoning intentional teamkills here, just saying that getting unjustly banned is much, much worse than having to wait a few minutes until the next round starts.

That's how i see it anyway. I can't imagine the game being permanently ruined because some clueless noob starts hacking at you at spawn once or twice in the many months you play cRPG...

But i'll promise you, once you get banned without a good reason... that can really ruin the game for you. Because you'll be in fear of the next seemingly random ban for as long as you play the game.

Unjust ban > occasional teamkill.

Offline Kifli

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 01:00:32 am »
well there clearly are a problem some people went mad and start tk all the team (hapens 2 times to me and that people still playing ) and there are much larger number of people who ocasinally tk for fun or camp some archers palase and tk them all the tame ( very usual ) and stuff like that (team hitting killing whit nasty methods ). My opinion they just deserver a ban they dont play the are here just 4 f*** other people who whant play so show them the exit .

Offline Scorpinox

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength and Honour
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scorpinox, Primus_Pulius, Caol
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 05:45:39 am »
+1
I don't mind when some excited newbie hacks my face open because he thought a different type of banner meant enemy. I don't care when a tank is cutting down 3 enemies and I have my shield (or innards) destroyed by the swing around of his Flamberge, but when TKing is intentional and people are just using it to be annoying thats when something needs to be done.
(I'd like to point out that, this is not my way of trying to get the player in this example in shit or me seeking personal vengeance and whining over one intentional TK. I simply happen to have the evidence to prove my example of how irritating intentional TKers are.)

Having recently started a new build, I relived the peasant phase and am now in the substandard gear phase. Lately I've had my share of mouthpiece TKer's intentionally killing me and not apologizing, or bragging about it, and when questioned by admins their friends deny any wrong doing. It's irritating that this seems to have to be part of the game, I'm no forum troll and I'm not wanting to be a shit-disturber as mentioned before but I took some screenshots of how a typical intentional TKer behaves. I was in-game with a player today, who personifies the type of TKer who plays the game not to have their own fun but to wreck other peoples.

In my experience this is usually how dealing with an intentional TKer works out when admins are not on and true to form is again how it played out this time. Tell me if it sounds familiar?

Standing on a crowded siege tower with only teammates, the offending player was spamming around with a maul hitting teammates. I was one of a few who got bonked and he knocked half my life off. In teamchat I told him to "fuck off" I'm polite to others but when people are being moronic I will not likely be polite about what I say. So, obviously he crushes my level nothing swordsman with an overhand stroke and LOL's as is intentional TK protocol it seems. I did not get a shot of him killing me but I did get a shot of him admitting it.

In teamchat I told my team he was spamming recklessly and TK'ed me on purpose to let people know to keep an eye out. He admitted to intentionally TKing as if the rules do not apply to him and nothing was said or done as there was no admin and anything said or done would simply have exacerbated the situation.

So immediately after he decided to spam me for as long as he can saying I'm a leecher, even though I'm participating

That particular round ends and once the next is rolling, as usual by this time you're done with being irritated and just want to get back into the game and have forgotten the annoying Tker. Not long into the round he TK's another player (intentionally or not I'm unaware)

I tell him to apologize for his TK several times and he stays silent. (Which is a welcome change as this step usually involves further spam from the TKer. Overused lame internet jokes, a homosexually slanderous slur or a racist epithet which generally continues to show how much of a bigoted moron the player is.)

Before he TKed another player and was again, a twat; I felt that actually posting the screen shots I've taken so far would just be a pain in my own ass and lead to nowhere. Then I saw this thread and decided to put them up.

I agree that banning for intentional TK is a bit excessive. If it lands on an innocent player one could see how it may easily ruin the mod; for new or experienced players. I apologize for the lengthily post with all the screens but I had 'em and saw this post so I figured I'd see if anyone agreed with my little example. This is in no way a complaint or a dig against the admins, or the particular TKer from my example.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 06:33:29 am »
Clear blatant intentional TK = kick

He come back and do it again =  ban for 3 days

I don't know why some admin still keep on warning before kicking people, when 99% of the time the troll clearly know what he's doing wrong... for the 1% left...

"Ignorance of the law excuses no one"

You can't read, I don't care either... you get kicked!

That would be my kind of admin reaction!  :)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:39 am »
I think it should be like Call of Duty. They TK within the first 30 seconds, it auto kills them instead of you.

Would love to see that as a mod fix.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 07:34:13 am »
He should mute the TKer.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:12 am »
like my best fuckin solution to this is just make any teamhits aply to the attacker so the damage is reflected back at him.
the problem is there are so many downsides to this.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 10:21:59 am »
I chose kick for a warning, it gets the message across better. Though can you see peoples ID's or whatever before you kick them?, because someone is capable of just making a new name, rejoining and doing the exact same thing. It's hard to spot when you got a full server.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:10 am »
like my best fuckin solution to this is just make any teamhits aply to the attacker so the damage is reflected back at him.
the problem is there are so many downsides to this.

Nice best solution there.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:58 am »
+4
Reflective damage is unrealistic and immersion breaking though. It gets really silly when a crossbowman hits a team mate and oneshots himself, or a cav couches a team mate has a heart attack and falls off his horse dead, it just looks bad.

If a player intentionally TK's / TK's many times in a single game without saying sorry at all then an admin should just say 'I'm kicking you 'player_name' as a warning for teamkilling which is against the rules. When/if you come back be more careful or cry badmin on the forums if you think this rule is unfair.'
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps