Poll

You are at spawn, 2 sec later a new guy spawns on your team,you've never seen him before. He starts attacking you unprovoked. After 3 swings with his giant axe he crushes your shield, and then he kills you with 2 swings. The admin should:

He should give the TKer a written warning in general chat.
He should give the TKer a written warning in the admin chat (pink text)
He should kick the TKer off the server as a warning.
He should kick the TKer off the server as a punishment.
He should ban the TKer for 1 hour.
He should ban the TKer for 1 day.
He should ban the TKer for 2  days.
He should ban the TKer for 3 days.
He should ban the TKer for 4 days.
He should ban the TKer for a week.
He should ban the TKer permanently.
He should not ban the TKer because the TKer is in a major clan that will retaliate against the admin for months.
He should mute the TKer.

Author Topic: What to do about TKers?  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 590
  • Infamy: 1017
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: What to do about TKers?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 11:03:57 pm »
I think people need to be perma banned when they have previous history of herp derp activities. Most admins in this mod are too soft like they think that banning griefers will have negative influence on the whole community, but in reality is completely opposite.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 11:05:38 pm »
i remeber them reacting to you 350 days ban even more

That is totally irrelevant, we was discussing what works, not how I was as an admin. If all these posts from you are attempts on attacking how I was as an admin, please go make your own thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 11:14:23 pm »
It was just to compare with last poll and adapt admin's behavior, ok then, sure guys, sorry i interrupted.
can I delete all my previous posts and throw the towel with you guys?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 11:30:59 pm »
awright mate, a few days ago thomek banned a leecher for seven days is that soft enough for ya?
Thomek is a manly admin, not some forgiving hippy! +1 to Thomek!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 11:31:50 pm »
As an experiment I will start handing out harsher punishments.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 11:40:14 pm »
As an experiment I will start handing out harsher punishments.
Yes! Crack down on these lawless evildoers!

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »
Awright go and "punish" and be harsh, if it makes you fell better i son't care, after all it's just a game, you will loose players and members but that i guess, you don't care.
You keep whining about tk but guys admins have been fucking up my game experience much more than teamkillers, and let's be honest, i teamkill like 15 guys on a daily basis in this game, not intentionally but still quite a number. Hey, I'm a fucking spammer and it's not against the rules, and I've never been banned! And since spamming and spamming is the only thing i can do cause i sux with my OP 2hander, if I ever wanna tk someone, I can always pretend my teamkill was not intentional...why the fuck am I crying here?
Am I stupid? Sorry guys.
Yes you should be harsher on teamkill, ban them all for 300 days and then go on forum wait for the unban request that makes you feel so good.
Too bad some guys don't know about unban request (since you always mention it when the guy is already banned).

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2011, 11:48:54 pm »
Awright go and "punish" and be harsh, if it makes you fell better i son't care, after all it's just a game, you will loose players and members but that i guess, you don't care.
You keep whining about tk but guys admins have been fucking up my game experience much more than teamkillers, and let's be honest, i teamkill like 15 guys on a daily basis in this game, not intentionally but still quite a number. Hey, I'm a fucking spammer and it's not against the rules, and I've never been banned! And since spamming and spamming is the only thing i can do cause i sux with my OP 2hander, if I ever wanna tk someone, I can always pretend my teamkill was not intentional...why the fuck am I crying here?
Am I stupid? Sorry guys.
Yes you should be harsher on teamkill, ban them all for 300 days and then go on forum wait for the unban request that makes you feel so good.
Too bad some guys don't know about unban request (since you always mention it when the guy is already banned).

Nice rage post, this explains why you came into this thread super butt hurt to begin with.

I don't feel good about banning someone, I feel good on the days that I don't have to issue a single ban. That makes me feel good, when the server runs smoothly and quietly.

You need a break from cRPG if the Admins are all out to getcha and are ruining your game experience.

My job is not to oppress people, my job is to make sure that everyone (or rather, as many as is possible) has an enjoyable experience without jerks ruining the fun.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:49:56 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »
+1
I don't feel good about banning someone, I feel good on the days that I don't have to issue a single ban. That makes me feel good, when the server runs smoothly and quietly.

My job is not to oppress people, my job is to make sure that everyone (or rather, as many as is possible) has an enjoyable experience without jerks ruining the fun.

Quote for the win!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 11:58:10 pm »
No worries i was just speaking my mind here :)
A good day for me is when i don't see pink text on my screen all the time and when I don't hear on teamspeak another guy crying all day because he has been banned without preliminary kick or has been banned for a year after saying "pink is gay" to an admin who kicked him or some shit like that, and even after saying "sorry daddy" on the forum he still got a 3 days ban.
However, I give you that one, being in VRN's team, since very recently, kind of made the "crying on teamspeak for ban" part vanish.
Let's look at the bright side of life!

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2011, 12:01:39 am »
I'm tired of Drz guys raging on me just cause they cant win a strat battle, and tk me and my ladders whenever im on siege or battle.

Plz ban all of them. thanks
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2011, 01:08:43 am »
+1
No worries i was just speaking my mind here :)
A good day for me is when i don't see pink text on my screen all the time and when I don't hear on teamspeak another guy crying all day because he has been banned without preliminary kick or has been banned for a year after saying "pink is gay" to an admin who kicked him or some shit like that, and even after saying "sorry daddy" on the forum he still got a 3 days ban.
However, I give you that one, being in VRN's team, since very recently, kind of made the "crying on teamspeak for ban" part vanish.
Let's look at the bright side of life!

I've been playing for nearly one year and I didn't get any warning from an admin since then...

Maybe they're doing it wrong...  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2011, 01:29:00 pm »
Clan mates tking each other for kicks doesnt help

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2011, 03:24:34 pm »
Too bad the thread got a bit derailed. I've read it with interest.

The impression i take from this thread is that some people thing admins are being too mild, but most agree that warn -> kick -> ban is best.

Alas, some cheecky twats slip through the mesh and get away with an occasional intentional teamkill.

I like the 'karma-system' suggestion: too many teamkills get you autokicked, especially in the start of the round.

Also, maybe some addition to the Q M L system would be worthwhile. What if you could Q M T someone, implying he's a intentional teamkiller. Getting QMT'd would not get you kicked, just add +1 on your QMT-value. If admins could see a player's QMT-value, they can make a better informed decision and respond with harsher punishments if a player has a very high QMT-value.

Prone to abuse though and i'm not sure building such a system is really worth the developer's time. Just as implementing a karma system. Perhaps they should just use their time on Strategus and on Stronghold.

What do you think?

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »
Too bad the thread got a bit derailed. I've read it with interest.

The impression i take from this thread is that some people thing admins are being too mild, but most agree that warn -> kick -> ban is best.

Alas, some cheecky twats slip through the mesh and get away with an occasional intentional teamkill.

How do you get that impression? 33 people voted for warning, 59 for a kick and 120 for a ban. Most people want an instant ban for intentional TKers. Far fewer people posted than voted, so going by what people said in this thread doesn't make that much sense. Not that the poll provides accurate data, but still a larger sampling is always beter.

Also, maybe some addition to the Q M L system would be worthwhile. What if you could Q M T someone, implying he's a intentional teamkiller. Getting QMT'd would not get you kicked, just add +1 on your QMT-value. If admins could see a player's QMT-value, they can make a better informed decision and respond with harsher punishments if a player has a very high QMT-value.

Prone to abuse though and i'm not sure building such a system is really worth the developer's time. Just as implementing a karma system. Perhaps they should just use their time on Strategus and on Stronghold.

This idea I quite like, but a (good) way of keeping track of warnings might work just as well.