Author Topic: Strategus item&gold reset - new game variables  (Read 18597 times)

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
Re: Strategus item&gold reset in 60 hours (2 and a half day)
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »
As a possible solution think as base a diplomatic system,
implement relations as  factions agree to see they have to each other and would confirm that within strategus.
Then you can work on that terms of balancing.

for example

Neutral Factions if in trade, need to pay more gold or loose a percentage of what they trade, say they loose 50% of what has been traded.
Those who have NAPs only 40%
Those who have Defensiv Alliance 30%
Full Alliance 20%

At the time clans would use that you will then know which clans intend to work closely together and can calculate their overall members.

In that way you can implement a second negativ multiplier which perhaps comes into effect when you reach a member count of f.e.
- Defence allaince of say 100 members over all in all clans included
- Full alliance with say f.e 70 Members over all

again
1. You make it profitable to establish confirmed relations(which most in the community know anyway)
2. You have the actual count of members in all factions included who intend to work together closely and
to what extend they intend to work closely together
3. you now can regulate on that base a curve to what maximum number of players working together should be most profitable and
when it becomes less and less profitable, therefor making huge amounts of players in one faction or in one kind of diplomatic relation
unprofitable.

solved
good point but crpg community is really good skilled to abuse this =)
Actually, it's been in development for slightly less than a year and a half. Now let me ask you something: have you been here long enough to remember what the first alphas were like? Do you fully appreciate the fact that nobody ever seriously imagined making a project for Warband like cRPG before -- and that's without even getting into Strategus, DTV and now Stronghold. If you consider how much most other mod teams have achieved in that time, I'd say chadz has come pretty damn far. Let's not even get into all the extra shit he's had thrown at him, I mean what the fuck, how many modders have to deal with DDOS attacks and hackers?

I guess what I'm trying to say is give the man a break, and respect the amount of work he's already put into this free project that doesn't earn him a penny. Also, understand that the mod still being beta means he still wants to make it better, rather than just sorting out the most critical issues and then stopping work on it.
I have been playing this mod for more than 1,5 year.I know that chadz made this mod from wiping all characters each week to nearly 5000 accounts playing active also i checked 3 days ago how many players playing at servers and result was 484 or sth like that.We just want to play this game.People are just buying M&B to play crpg not native.
I just want a big solution to all of these non-stop whining.

Solution: 2$ monthly payment.So we can have devs team that earning money on it and also admins.In the other hand players can whine at them because they are paying this mod.We will have better servers , admins and chadz will loose some of his work rate.2$ each month is not gonna harm anyone that have internet and pc to play this game.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2011, 11:29:32 pm »
The first public beta came out on 17.05.2010 and chadz put together the first internal alphas around the start of that month, so basically cRPG has existed as more than an idea for a little over 16 months. It's been a pretty wild ride! :)

Solution: 2$ monthly payment.So we can have devs team that earning money on it and also admins.In the other hand players can whine at them because they are paying this mod.We will have better servers , admins and chadz will loose some of his work rate.2$ each month is not gonna harm anyone that have internet and pc to play this game.

That'll never happen, chadz has always wanted to keep it free to play. Even if he wanted to do it, there are legal issues with mods charging players.
Don't.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2011, 11:33:53 pm »
+1
Yeah, I only read the first few posts, because fuck everybody except chadz.

Thanks for ur work chadz
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:48 pm »
+1
Yeah, I only read the first few posts, because fuck everybody except chadz.

Thanks for ur work chadz

Posters to follow and love.

chadz. Espu. Cmp.

Posters to ignore.

Okin.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2011, 12:03:54 am »
All good bows cost a lot of money, the lowest 4 bows are absolute shit, and most arrows will miss or drop quickly. Don't worry, you melee maniacs can still reach the front lines.

Yes but a good bow and arrow is far cheaper than armor shield and weapon required to counter it.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2011, 01:24:32 am »
YOU are my beta testers! If you want a semi finished project, wait till you see a strategus link in your crpg page. This round serves it purpose perfectly, lots of bugs got found that a closed beta could never have.

Sorry, but it's not my fault you found the link to strategus beta in some topic that stated that its a very early version and ignored that statement.

Why de hell do you tell me to take it down, when all you have to do is not fucking open the page if it bothers you. What a self entitled snob....
I think the reasons people are angry is because they don't have that shiny "beta tester" forum thingie. *nudge nudge*

Btw, thanks for the heads up and the info. Nice to see it! I also like how we get to start fresh/semi fresh every now and then, just the next time you take it down, don't leave us for half a year without it 'k? xD

Also because of the lower gold amount, maybe buff some of the higher costing equipment? NOT for both cRPG and Strategus, but a Strategus only buff? Like, armour soaking more, high end weapons do more damage and horses being OP as fuck? Would hate to see that in cRPG but would like it in strat because of the low amount of gold.

But, seriously. I would kill to get that shiny Beta tester rank :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:49 am »
+2
- so why are you wiping it!!?!!
because of a new game mechanic. The new gold income is lowered drastically (before: crpggold/20, now: crpggold/50-1). the reason is that gold should be, for now, earned in strategus, not by grinding. People kicked everyone out of their fief because they gave a rats ass about the money, they wanted the troops. making it unplayable for people without fiefs.

- why should that change?
by lowering the grind income, people have to consider how to make money within strategus. Which means working, raiding, fief visitor fee, etc. Overall, gold will be lower, which also means lower tier equipment and less troops. Troop cost will be increased too - probably heavily, whatever that means, we'll see.

I don't think making gold more scarce is going to help the little guy any.

All this will do is substantially increase the demand for space in cities (most of which already have 25-30 people in them) since Working will be the only way to fund armies. With every city packed with 50+ people gold production will be lowered for everyone dramatically. Keep in mind there are only about 20 cities, and if each can only hold about 25 players and still have decent gold output, then we're only talking 500 players that can fit in there before gold output goes completely to hell.

But clans will take over all the cities sooner or later, right? Here is the problem with visitor fee for castles and cities. Since gold production is the only useful enterprise of cities/castles then if you set the visiting fee lower than the hourly Working wage,  then it is more profitable to kick out random pubbies and replace them with clan-mates instead. And if you set the visiting fee higher than the hourly Working wage then random pubbies would lose money by Working there. The only time it is more beneficial to let pubbies into your castes/cities if you literally do not have enough players to plug in there.

And by (substantially) lowering the world gold output you're dramatically increasing the demand for those slots. I guarantee you it is the landed clans that will come away with all those slots, not random pubbies and land-less clans. And once they're denied access to cities for gold they will have literally no way to ever get enough gold to accomplish anything.

The problem is that strategus is just too small. There are not enough fiefs and not enough space in each fief. That's why clans kick everyone out, because they need every spot available so you can pack more clan-mates in there.  If you want the small guys to have more of a chance in strategus heres what you do -

Either:
A) Increase the size of the strategus map and add more fiefs
or
B) Decrease the effect having many players in a fief has on its recruitment rates/working wage
and/or
C) Increase the Working wage/Recruitment rate in Castles so more people flock there instead of the overcrowded Cities

Plan B is the easiest and most important, in my opinion. It would have several effects:
-Clans would be less likely to kick out random dudes because they won't be hurting recruitment/working as bad
-Large clans will be less desperate to conquer more land to fit their playerbase into, thus smaller clans will have a better chance at survival.

I mean, just to show you how crowded it is, LLJK needs all 10 of our villages just to fit all our players in with decent recruitment rates. That is a bit ridiculous, I think we can all agree, and the problem will only grow worse as cRPG becomes more popular/strategus is released.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:36:27 am by SPQR »
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2011, 04:12:36 am »
+1
Good! too many people cheated with equipment.
when UIF looks at you

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2011, 07:24:53 am »
Another point to consider:

Factions thad had a lot of battles since the bug was in effect and as a result got 3 million+ gold from a lot of those fights that they are spending now on buying huge quantities of troops.

Just sayin'.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2011, 07:34:09 am »
+2
Factions thad had a lot of battles since the bug was in effect and as a result got 3 million+ gold from a lot of those fights that they are spending now on buying huge quantities of troops.
How are they spending money on buying troops? What kind of idiot would sell troops for a currency that will disappear in 40~ish hours?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2011, 08:22:12 am »
+1
This all looks good, the only problem I see with the new gold system is that you have clans with 100+ members who don't even have to play cRPG to gain gold or troops. Smaller, highly active clans simply can't compete with the resource production of large, less active clans. This was a problem before the upcoming wipe and I think it will only get worse with the new system.
That's true, and we're trying to find a solution to this.
Just add a Slotsystem to fiefs citys and towns. (Upgrade System)

For example:
Every fief has 5 Slots for recruiting players (15 if its neutral).
You get 100% if you got one slot and are recruiting there.
Those slots will become owner only after village got captured.

You conquer that fief and now are able to build up your stuff developing that fief.
There are 2 buildings:
1.Building:
Barrack -> adds 5 100% Slots to village for the owner (could be more lvls of barracks for example lvl3 barracks = + 15 Slots)
every Slot used in it costs 5 Gold per hour to the village.
2. Building
Tavern -> adds 5 50% Slots to the village only usable by other factions (could be more lvls of taverns for example lvl3 tavern = + 15 Slots)
Those are the only Slots a village owner can ask tax for. For example 10 Gold per hour.

=> Now a owner of a village would be interested to get neutral players in his villages for at least 5 Gold per hour so he can fill up his 100% Slots without
losing money. It would not make sense to split up the faction if he also can get those slots full with smaller allies or at least neutral clans.
The possibility of the fief-owner to kick out players of their villages should be enhanced so they can ban players for some days. Village owners also
could make treaties with smaller clans giving them all of their rentable slots for a defense pact etc. They could just kick out other players to make free slots
for that clan. That would small clans require to do some diplomatic stuff to get their slots too.

You could also make every village start with lvl1 tavern and barracks after it got conquered.
Similar buildings could be in citys or towns.
If you see that there are not enough slots available you just increase the possible lvl of the buildings by one.
In addition you could make every village have a base upkeep so its not rentable to hold fiefs you cant fill.

Big Clans still would be more powerful but small Clans always would have the ability to gather troops
and perhaps gain a village for their own if they help bigger clans in their wars.
In addition this model has a built in gold sink. If there is too much gold in strategus chadz just could raise the cost of the village owner slots
and more gold would vanish out of the game. This way chadz could manage inflation/deflation on the fly.
Clans could probably earn more if they allow everybody in their village and less if they only allow friends to get in there cause their tax will
probably be lower.

Possible Buildings for towns:
Tax Office: Granting 1 Slot for owner (Taxmasterslot) and 5 Slots for everyone else (Workerslot)
(again more lvls mean more slots)
Taxmaster gets 0 Gold/hour but 50% of the Gold every workerslot is generating if they are used.
Workerslot gets for example 50 Gold/hour.
=> 1 Taxmaster 3 Workers would be: 75 Gold for the taxmaster 25 Gold for every worker.

Again there would be an intention to get people working in the town cause you can earn much more if you have more players in it.
To allow competition between the towns you could allow a possible tax-range from 50-70%. Tax always should be in a way that taxmaster
can earn more money then workers.
Neutral towns would always have tax set to max without having taxmasterslots :p (for example 70% tax in neutral towns)

just some ideas that came to my mind while drinking my coffee ;)
its true this does not solve the problem that big clans / land owners are more powerful but tbh you cant solve this issue it´s natural.
It would solve the problem of smaller clans being kept out of the game after some time. So it would be better then now.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:07:27 am by Camaris »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2011, 01:29:13 pm »
+1
Still confused how this works.  At what time on Tuesday GMT-2 time will all the stuff disappear?

Also, if you initiate an attack less than 24 hours before this time does that mean both sides will have no equipment when they fight?

Please clarify.  Thank you.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2011, 01:45:09 pm »
WINTER IS COMING      :evil:

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2011, 02:00:59 pm »
Still confused how this works.  At what time on Tuesday GMT-2 time will all the stuff disappear?

Also, if you initiate an attack less than 24 hours before this time does that mean both sides will have no equipment when they fight?

Please clarify.  Thank you.

I would add one more question - what's going to happen with the battles that actually start before the wipe deadline, but end after that deadline?

does that mean both sides will have no equipment when they fight?

And what if one of the sides is AI location?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:30:41 pm by Erasmas »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2011, 05:10:02 pm »
As a possible solution think as base a diplomatic system,
implement relations as  factions agree to see they have to each other and would confirm that within strategus.
Then you can work on that terms of balancing.

for example

Neutral Factions if in trade, need to pay more gold or loose a percentage of what they trade, say they loose 50% of what has been traded.
Those who have NAPs only 40%
Those who have Defensiv Alliance 30%
Full Alliance 20%

At the time clans would use that you will then know which clans intend to work closely together and can calculate their overall members.

In that way you can implement a second negativ multiplier which perhaps comes into effect when you reach a member count of f.e.
- Defence allaince of say 100 members over all in all clans included
- Full alliance with say f.e 70 Members over all

again
1. You make it profitable to establish confirmed relations(which most in the community know anyway)
2. You have the actual count of members in all factions included who intend to work together closely and
to what extend they intend to work closely together
3. you now can regulate on that base a curve to what maximum number of players working together should be most profitable and
when it becomes less and less profitable, therefor making huge amounts of players in one faction or in one kind of diplomatic relation
unprofitable.

solved

This isn't solved at all.

Why exactly would factions need to trade? People would just join a single clan, NORTHERN EMPIRE instead of a bunch of rinky dink clans in order to avoid having to trade at all.