Author Topic: Strategus item&gold reset - new game variables  (Read 19692 times)

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
Re: Strategus item&gold reset in 60 hours (2 and a half day)
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:42 pm »
Learn 2 code noob
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2011, 08:01:53 pm »
+2
I would add one more question - what's going to happen with the battles that actually start before the wipe deadline, but end after that deadline?

And what if one of the sides is AI location?

Thanks.

Can we get some of these questions answered please?  Thank you.  Every battle from now on is less than 24 hours from when the wipe will occur.  Would be useful to know what will happen to those armies.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »
i think its more then 24 hours even now right ???

Can we get some feedback when wipe will occur ?

GMT or GMT +1 pls

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2011, 11:24:27 pm »
I think the wipe should be 60 hours back because people just abuse the bug and take cities, castles... with superior equipment.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »
I do understand how debugging process evolves and I'm not that upset about frequent patches, tweaks and hotfixes. Though I just have to mention that you cannot be fair-to-the-state of the game after so much have been done in strategus. I guess the best would be 0 or 1; no wipe or total wipe; if bugs are the ones to blame for the current situation. You should remember that bugs made some clans powerful and made the others weak.

By keeping the fiefs like they are now, you are just favoring the clans who own those and disabling/degrading dramatically the chance of the new comers to own new fiefs. I say, either kill the beast or ignore it grow in the dark.

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2011, 11:36:08 pm »
BTW here is a simple idea regarding strategus transaction taxes: Make all people that are in different factions (or factionless) pay tax for any transfer they make. Only members of the same faction  should not pay that tax, if they have...say less than 30 players in the faction. This way it will render pointless splitting large factions into smaller subfactions cause they will still pay that tax. What do you think about that? I know it is not ideal solution, but at least it might work for now.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:38:20 pm by Varyag »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2011, 12:00:05 am »
BTW here is a simple idea regarding strategus transaction taxes: Make all people that are in different factions (or factionless) pay tax for any transfer they make. Only members of the same faction  should not pay that tax, if they have...say less than 30 players in the faction. This way it will render pointless splitting large factions into smaller subfactions cause they will still pay that tax. What do you think about that? I know it is not ideal solution, but at least it might work for now.

How will it render splitting large factions into smaller subfactions pointless?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2011, 12:05:21 am »
How will it render splitting large factions into smaller subfactions pointless?
Because if they have less than 30 members they have to pay tax.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2011, 12:23:30 am »
Because if they have less than 30 members they have to pay tax.

members of the same faction should not pay that tax, if they have less than 30 players in the faction.

Here comes a bunch of clans having only 30 players.

You don't realize you aren't trying to help tiny clans, you are just forcing big clans to become a bunch of tiny ones.

If you want to give small clans bigger roles in the game, you have to provide some incentive to have big factions work with them. There are already a few I can think of, but neutrals will pretty much always get the short end of the stick because there isn't much point except for them to farm troops and strategus gold to sell back into crpg gold.

Why shouldn't the clan with 10 villages be able to field a larger army than the clan with 2?

I don't think this version of strategus balances large and small clans very well, but I think we should focus and spend our time making sure the battles/retreating/spawning is good, and then worry about the balance when the other half of the game changes completely in Strategus 2.0. Diplomacy keeps large clans in check and clans are never truly defeated, they wait around until you start another war and then try to attack you again like some kind of nationalist rebellion.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2011, 12:27:28 am »
clans are never truly defeated, they wait around until you start another war and then try to attack you again like some kind of nationalist rebellion.

oh god.. it really is Europa Universallis 3!

Offline Palleto

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Oceanic Knights
  • Game nicks: Palleto, OK_Palleto
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2011, 12:31:36 am »
i like the idea but this really screwed me over as I've been saving up money now getting an army after saving and you resetting this is such shit. but an updates always good. the amount of bloody time it takes. we should get a little bit of starting money like between 1 and 5 k. it just really screws so many people who have been saving up and getting ready when this takes so long to do by yourself. 200 and something days it would take to try and build up an army to cap by yourself. think of the people doing that who just got screwed. if things need to be fixed they gotta be fixed but i wish this isn't the only way.

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2011, 12:36:34 am »
You don't realize you aren't trying to help tiny clans, you are just forcing big clans to become a bunch of tiny ones.

You did not understand. Please read again my post carefully.
If we have taxes on ALL TRANSFERS FOR FACTIONS EXCEEDING 30 MEMBERS AND FACTIONLESS PLAYERS AS WELL, large clans can split into smaller clans in any way they want, but they will not be able to painlessly transfer troops and gold between those subfactions anymore, cause they will PAY THAT TAX IN ANY CASE. And if they break into smaller factions, they wont be so powerfull anymore cause they wont be able to gather all resources of all subfactions in one piece without paying the tax.

THUS IT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM of large clans getting too powerfull. At least for some time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:37:38 am by Varyag »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2011, 01:02:55 am »
members of the same faction should not pay that tax, if they have less than 30 players in the faction.

Here comes a bunch of clans having only 30 players.

If you want to give small clans bigger roles in the game, you have to provide some incentive to have big factions work with them. There are already a few I can think of, but neutrals will pretty much always get the short end of the stick because there isn't much point except for them to farm troops and strategus gold to sell back into crpg gold.

Why shouldn't the clan with 10 villages be able to field a larger army than the clan with 2?

I don't think this version of strategus balances large and small clans very well, but I think we should focus and spend our time making sure the battles/retreating/spawning is good, and then worry about the balance when the other half of the game changes completely in Strategus 2.0. Diplomacy keeps large clans in check and clans are never truly defeated, they wait around until you start another war and then try to attack you again like some kind of nationalist rebellion.
Sigh. I hate when people do that. You are raging on me for something I didn't do. I didn't make the post, nor the claim, that it should/would help big/small/ginger clans. I just answered your question.

This is what you asked:
(click to show/hide)

To which I replied:
(click to show/hide)

I actually agree with you. This wouldn't help small clans at all and would be VERY unfair to them. All I did was answering your question. Please don't go all angry at me and tell me how stupid MY suggestion was. I'm sorry if this comes of as angry but it pisses me off when you start telling me how wrong I am when all I tried to do was clear something up for you.

I really think there should be something to do for the small/medium clans as well. The big 100+ dudes should be the big, land owning countries, or something, the middle 40-80 clans should be the mercenary, free towns, bandits, or something, factions and the less than 30 factions should be like, different merchant guilds, travelers, craftsmen and stuff like that. I really look forward for the new crafting system in strat and stuff so that hiring small faction would be an important, and almost always necessary, thing to do.

PS: About the bolded part. Hillarious and well said :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2011, 01:35:18 am »
You did not understand. Please read again my post carefully.
If we have taxes on ALL TRANSFERS FOR FACTIONS EXCEEDING 30 MEMBERS AND FACTIONLESS PLAYERS AS WELL, large clans can split into smaller clans in any way they want, but they will not be able to painlessly transfer troops and gold between those subfactions anymore, cause they will PAY THAT TAX IN ANY CASE. And if they break into smaller factions, they wont be so powerfull anymore cause they wont be able to gather all resources of all subfactions in one piece without paying the tax.

THUS IT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM of large clans getting too powerfull. At least for some time.

No, it won't. Each sub clan will be responsible for fielding an army and operating together, each leader of the subfaction would just be a general. Sure you may not have megastacks, but really 10 5k armies is more lethal than 5 10k.

How many armies do the mercenaries have? Do you not have 4-5 standing armies at any time? If each army was responsible for say 3 villages with 10 members in each, it would not be hard to accomplish this.
The only thing that would happen is that people would stop selling their troops so willingly, it would also be more difficult to teleport your armies from one half of the empire to the other.

Also, sorry Zapper, my post was a bit unclear, the first two lines were in reply to you really and the rest was more thoughts on why the whole idea was bad, not just Varyag's but any sort of penalty for having a number of members in your faction.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:39:38 am by PhantomZero »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2011, 02:11:12 am »
People need to shut up and stay on topic for the love of donkey.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.