Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23582 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2011, 08:42:44 pm »
Horses need to be removed!

Along with bows throwing crossbows shields and armour!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »
Horses need to be removed!

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

also catholics.

trollin'

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2011, 10:09:24 pm »
EU1 today = cav mayhem

although on field by river the team with more cav lost overall so i wouldn't say it was that bad
Turtles

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2011, 10:26:26 pm »
+1
EU1 today = cav mayhem

although on field by river the team with more cav lost overall so i wouldn't say it was that bad

Well, the cavteam raped for like 3-4 rounds until the entire enemy team started camping ruins...

Problem with cav is not that they're "op", it's that

1. (sadly) the counter to them is the most boring thing this game offers - archercamp.

2. when you reach "critical mass" with cav, they become so powerful on the open field that they strongly promote this playstyle.

Two main problems here imo:

Cav: The unlimited couch. Ever seen the "sweeping couch" at "low" speed with an arabian? Lances should be breakable imo, also return the 100 degree thrust, reduce horse maneuver and buff horse charge.

Ranged: Too powerful when allowed to camp, dunno how to fix tho  :? Also kiting archers are bs.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2011, 10:32:27 pm »
Yeah,

I was on the team that got raped by cav the first 4 rounds, until i commanded them run to ruins without stopping, and staying there. Besides we had some leet cav on our own team that reduced the incoming cav numbers and raped the infantry of the other team.

We won in the end but it took massive teamwork. Without someone taking and commanding we would have lost for sure.

If there is one argument that stands for nerfing cav, it is that there are now so many of them. It completely dominates every map, as players leave infantry roles to go cav themselves, and others going ranged and roofcamping.

A cav nerf, together with a removal of ladders in battle should make gameplay much better. (Although removal of ladders will be an indirect buff to cav, as they have more light armored and static targets to prey on)

I'd say nerf cav twice:

1. For reducing the numbers of cav
2. For giving them more easy targets

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2011, 10:44:32 pm »
:|
So... I bring up something logical and based off of realism and you bring up something from World of Warcraft?

For shame.

Didn't even know that was in that stupid game. Regardless, it was sarcasm.

"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #291 on: September 13, 2011, 11:04:57 pm »
+1
I would just like to see bumping get nerfed.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:12 pm »
+1
I would just like to see bumping get nerfed.

Were you here when heavy horses used to do around 30-50% to someone in heavy armor?  :| October 2010 ish.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #293 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »
+1
Cav is an EU problem

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1207
  • Infamy: 535
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35:29 pm »
Along with bows throwing crossbows shields and armour!

We'll get to that. First cav, horse removal pronto!

Also name the mod C-RPG: Infantry heaven :)

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2011, 11:57:48 pm »
Yeah,

I was on the team that got raped by cav the first 4 rounds, until i commanded them run to ruins without stopping, and staying there. Besides we had some leet cav on our own team that reduced the incoming cav numbers and raped the infantry of the other team.

We won in the end but it took massive teamwork. Without someone taking and commanding we would have lost for sure.

If there is one argument that stands for nerfing cav, it is that there are now so many of them. It completely dominates every map, as players leave infantry roles to go cav themselves, and others going ranged and roofcamping.

A cav nerf, together with a removal of ladders in battle should make gameplay much better. (Although removal of ladders will be an indirect buff to cav, as they have more light armored and static targets to prey on)

I'd say nerf cav twice:

1. For reducing the numbers of cav
2. For giving them more easy targets

so your argument for nerfing cavalry is that there are simply too many of them, right... :|

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:25 am »
i think that riding skill gives too much bonus.. anyone knows how much?
cavs with riding skill 6 and more, are too fast... inf dont have time to turn around and thrust

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #297 on: September 14, 2011, 12:44:08 am »
one of them yeah.

We've done it with archers before many times.
It boils down to how many cav we wish to have. Do you want 100% of players to be cav? 30% 50%?

From the infantrymans perspective (and ranged too) there is a threshold somewhere where the amount of cav becomes unmanagable. It increases the random factor in the game, where you will get raped without chance to hit back.

You can already see some trends in the game. A huge part of players are either ranged (Roofcampers) or cav themselves. If this is allowed to continue we will have cav and roofcampers left. Pikers will get overwhelmed by cav and roofcampers will shoot them, 1h will be helpless, 2h will only be a soft counter to cav, but helpless against mass cav..

Haven't you noticed it?

I'd say that cav and roofcamper player populations have exploded simultaneously. 

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2011, 12:46:50 am »
pretty sure its only in EU, rooftop campers are easy to deal with( hide until MOTF)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2011, 01:50:38 am »
+1
one of them yeah.

We've done it with archers before many times.
It boils down to how many cav we wish to have. Do you want 100% of players to be cav? 30% 50%?

From the infantrymans perspective (and ranged too) there is a threshold somewhere where the amount of cav becomes unmanagable. It increases the random factor in the game, where you will get raped without chance to hit back.

You can already see some trends in the game. A huge part of players are either ranged (Roofcampers) or cav themselves. If this is allowed to continue we will have cav and roofcampers left. Pikers will get overwhelmed by cav and roofcampers will shoot them, 1h will be helpless, 2h will only be a soft counter to cav, but helpless against mass cav..

Haven't you noticed it?

I'd say that cav and roofcamper player populations have exploded simultaneously.

Wtf are you talking about? The vast majority of players are still infantry. Not archers. Not cav.

I was on field by the river tonight and there were 100 people playing. On one side there was about 10 cav, on the other there were about 4 and I was on the team that had 4 so I know what it's like to fight against them. That's when 100 people were on so only 14% of the players. How can that be to many? That's a tiny portion of one team, let alone split between two.

Maybe the reason cav is supposedly becoming more common is because infantry keeps coming to these dumb threads and moaning about it. So more people are realising they can take advantage of idiotic infantry who don't have a clue what they are doing. But in all reality, I've not noticed them becoming more common. I've noticed on some nights there are more than usual. But there are also nights where me and couple of the GK guys are the only cav in the server. It varies massively and obviously you are going to get times when there is a lot more cav as well as the opposite. It's just the instant you see more in one evening you come on and moan about it.

You sound like the end of the world is coming. It's really not that bad and there's some massive exaggerating going on here by some very butthurt infantry. If you want to fight as inf with little cav interruption, then you can play siege for that.

reduce horse maneuver and buff horse charge.

Anyway. Nerfing horses is not the answer if you think there needs to be one. That would not only nerf lancers, but nerf every type of cav out there. And the majority of issues people have with cav is with lancers. There's a reason this nerf has been rejected in the past.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:12:46 am by Overdriven »