Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23584 times)

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2011, 12:51:23 am »
+4
5 people with a charger is fine. with an arabian, after 1 bump you slow down a lot and if you accidentally do a second bump, you stop... so it's fine.

absolutely. just a little too much xbows as sidearms but the rest is fine.

quote for truth , also can someone fix that stupid balance that put all cavs or ranged in the same team once and for all , i cant believe this haven't been adresed , that's the whole problem atm , players  get emotional because they get owned by the rape train (cavs) or the machine guns (range) and complain about this class and that class...

Make a true Balancer so that the 2 teams are even and not freaking stacked like it always do and im sure thoses nerfs threads will slowly vanish...

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:34 am »
quote for truth , also can someone fix that stupid balance that put all cavs or ranged in the same team once and for all , i cant believe this haven't been adresed , that's the whole problem atm , players  get emotional because they get owned by the rape train (cavs) or the machine guns (range) and complain about this class and that class...

Make a true Balancer so that the 2 teams are even and not freaking stacked like it always do and im sure thoses nerfs threads will slowly vanish...

i noticed that also. i ever thought was pure unluck (or luck) to see autobalance switching almost all the ranged/cav/ in one team and almost all inf in the other. don't happen so often but when it happens...

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2011, 03:01:31 am »
chadz isn't the one who does balancing. And guys who do, listen to community feedback and then decide if it's just whining or there is something imbalanced. We'll see how they'll react.

yes but over a year, game/item/build balancers did a really good job. if they must start working on the game balance for every nerf thread that pops up, we'll see a cRPGupdate.zip every 3 hours. i say that even if a lot of my builds got nerfed to the ground. but sometimes i go play native and i just remember what NO BALANCE AT ALL mean.

the devs working on strategus fixes / stronghold / etc, often release a patch when the game is updated and debugged ALONG with the balancers work. and anyway the more the game gets balanced, the harder is to further improve it and the EASIER is to screw completely the balance with a just a modify.

so FEW changes, wait for the players to react, (why people reroll a build or another, how the kill stats for that particular weapon is going) and move on.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2011, 03:09:45 am »
Guys, lets face it, this mod is balanced. Pefectly.

You got people in each class who top scoreboards. Its not a 1 way battle. 
Guys like cooties or phyrex top scoreboard as 2h
guys like tor or even noobish me top scoreboards as polearm
Look at Ru Conquista dima urban, he kicks the shit with his 1h
guys like dave or gnjus are the xbowmy old friends of doom
If you look at archers like chico,nelo or jambi - you see them at the top

Every class has people who are exceptional at what they do.
You cant whine about that and use it as an example to nerf things.

The GK get lots of kills, not because they are neccesarily the best lancers like tommy, but they use fantastic teamwork.
Indeed, I cannot agree more:
(click to show/hide)
Fallen_Loki: Archer
Walt_F4: Piker
Survivor (Stone/Gear): Cav

And note that most fallen players are archers.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2011, 08:29:16 pm »
Indeed, I cannot agree more:
(click to show/hide)
Fallen_Loki: Archer
Walt_F4: Piker
Survivor (Stone/Gear): Cav

And note that most fallen players are archers.

well that's a cav/archer map. post a nordtown scoreboard  :rolleyes:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2011, 05:19:11 am »
And when my horse rears back, it should stomp the ground sending enemies in the general area into a second or 1/2 second stun.
:|
So... I bring up something logical and based off of realism and you bring up something from World of Warcraft?

For shame.   
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »
:|
So... I bring up something logical and based off of realism and you bring up something from World of Warcraft?

For shame.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2011, 07:11:33 pm »
Realism did I hear? Well then, horses should one shot kill when doing full speed bumps! Oh wait, game balance, damnit...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2011, 07:25:06 pm »
Realism did I hear? Well then, horses should one shot kill when doing full speed bumps! Oh wait, game balance, damnit...

Realism? should I one hit horses if I melee them in their legs even the armored ones;
One of the reasons of heavy armored horses are so overpowered in this game, they should not get way once you are able to hit their legs; Their arrmor should protected against arrows not against melee, but seems its only one hitbox, its not like player(head/chest/legs).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:30:50 pm by Mithus »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »
Realism? should I one hit horses if I melee them in their legs even the armored ones;
One of the reasons of heavy armored horses are so overpowered in this game, they should not get way once you are able to hit their legs; Their arrmor should protected against arrows not against melee, but seems its only one hitbox, its not like player(head/chest/legs).

wrong. 2 hitboxes. (head/rest)

and balance>realism so a plated charger shouldn't be immune to all but bolts, pikes and jarids.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2011, 09:06:55 pm »
lol

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2011, 09:15:14 pm »
i do agree with getting kills with cav is a bit easy sometimes.
but sometimes ul get lanced by an other cav in the beggining so.
balanced!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:24 pm »
+6
I hopped into battle last night, and what glorious sight met me there? Random Plains!!!! Not a roof-top in sight, nobody wasted a slot with ladders, and there were no crappy buidlings for people to scurry into and leech.

I expressed mild (pleasurable) surprise, and wondered aloud how cavalry was doing in this fight. I got mixed answers of "raping me" or "being raped". I hopped on my powerful steed, took my javelins, mace, and shield to hand, and rode into battle with my friends. What I saw shocked me!

I saw groups of infantry following their archers to their hill. I saw archers focusing on clusters of targets that sprouted arrows like a bird sprouts his winter plumage. I saw groups of polearm users setting up where they could protect their ranged from any incursion. I saw players with shields sticking together and advancing with support from their ranged and cavalry, while 2-handers and polearmers followed closely, waiting to strike the moment the enemy was close enough. I saw cavalry circling the mass of enemy fighters, distracting the enemy and harassing any foolish enough to separate from their main troop.

What I didn't see : I didn't see archers survive when they separated from their troops. I didn't see cavalry survive when they stood still long enough for ranged to draw a bead. And I didn't see cavalry charging in and steamrolling anyone. Cavalry that mixed it up in the main mass either got dehorsed, or shot from their steed with ease.

It was a great time for everyone I think (though there may have been some disgruntled peasants, they generally died well before I engaged in close combat), and showed that when a team pulls together, there isn't a single OP factor in this game. Each troop type shines in it's situation. Cavalry did their best work when they could distract/separate, then attack. Infantry did theirs when they could stick together for protection. Ranged did theirs when they were supported by their team. Even with no rooftops, ranged got huge amounts of kills, but the "Range is OP" whining stopped for that battle.

TL:DR : Even in random plains maps, cav isn't OP, it's just what you make it.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2011, 05:16:22 pm »
+2
I hopped into battle last night, and what glorious sight met me there? Random Plains!!!! Not a roof-top in sight, nobody wasted a slot with ladders, and there were no crappy buidlings for people to scurry into and leech.

I expressed mild (pleasurable) surprise, and wondered aloud how cavalry was doing in this fight. I got mixed answers of "raping me" or "being raped". I hopped on my powerful steed, took my javelins, mace, and shield to hand, and rode into battle with my friends. What I saw shocked me!

I saw groups of infantry following their archers to their hill. I saw archers focusing on clusters of targets that sprouted arrows like a bird sprouts his winter plumage. I saw groups of polearm users setting up where they could protect their ranged from any incursion. I saw players with shields sticking together and advancing with support from their ranged and cavalry, while 2-handers and polearmers followed closely, waiting to strike the moment the enemy was close enough. I saw cavalry circling the mass of enemy fighters, distracting the enemy and harassing any foolish enough to separate from their main troop.

What I didn't see : I didn't see archers survive when they separated from their troops. I didn't see cavalry survive when they stood still long enough for ranged to draw a bead. And I didn't see cavalry charging in and steamrolling anyone. Cavalry that mixed it up in the main mass either got dehorsed, or shot from their steed with ease.

It was a great time for everyone I think (though there may have been some disgruntled peasants, they generally died well before I engaged in close combat), and showed that when a team pulls together, there isn't a single OP factor in this game. Each troop type shines in it's situation. Cavalry did their best work when they could distract/separate, then attack. Infantry did theirs when they could stick together for protection. Ranged did theirs when they were supported by their team. Even with no rooftops, ranged got huge amounts of kills, but the "Range is OP" whining stopped for that battle.

TL:DR : Even in random plains maps, cav isn't OP, it's just what you make it.

Quoted and +1 for truth. I wish i was there. Don't you love how tactics start appearing in random plains and steppes? We need more of those maps.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1553
  • Infamy: 1347
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2011, 08:38:34 pm »
Horses need to be removed!