Author Topic: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'  (Read 19079 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2011, 02:53:24 pm »
Don't start whining posts or a dev might show up and say:
"It is a free mod which is currently on beta state , either play or gtfo."

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
Well, it's one thing to demand the devs to change shit in an entitled tone and one thing to say you don't enjoy the current situation of the mod all that much and thought it was better before. I don't really like c-RPG now, but it's better than nothing. It's free, yes, so devs can do what they want with it, I'm not saying they can't...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2011, 05:26:26 pm »
c-RPG currently:
Rangefest and if you by some miracle happen to get into melee you get stabbed by 15 longspears and backstabbed by cavalry.
Make a map that's all underground tunnels and rooms. Cav and archers will be pretty much useless. Make a forest map with lots of trees. Cav won't be very effective. Make a congested city map and block building access. Cav and archers=steamrolled.  You can have a huge impact on game balance just by intelligent map design. So why don't melee guys start make some maps THEY want to play? Have a melee focused server with only those kind of maps.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2011, 05:31:57 pm »
Make a map that's all underground tunnels and rooms. Cav and archers will be pretty much useless. Make a forest map with lots of trees. Cav won't be very effective. Make a congested city map and block building access. Cav and archers=steamrolled.  You can have a huge impact on game balance just by intelligent map design. So why don't melee guys start make some maps THEY want to play? Have a melee focused server with only those kind of maps.

If you'll host the server for me.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2011, 05:38:12 pm »
It amuses me that every time a melee only server goes up, like Tunatown, it is wildly popular for all of one month, then abandoned for the other servers....

What s it that you want then?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »
It amuses me that every time a melee only server goes up, like Tunatown, it is wildly popular for all of one month, then abandoned for the other servers....

^^

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »

Personally, I don't want a melee only server. But when EU4 was melee only because of a bug, it was popular the whole time. At the moment a melee only server would turn into longspear wars anyhow.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2011, 05:53:09 pm »
The problem with melee servers is that 2h and pikes own everything. Cav is usually not allowed, 1h suck even more. In the end it's only fun for melee-only oriented builds, and feels bad for balanced melee builds. Different rules pretty much means different chars. And in the case of melee only, not that many people have chars "optimized" for that.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2011, 05:56:22 pm »
Then logically we should make a server that bans cavalry, range, anything from the throwing catagory, and anything with polestun... If that is we follow what the majority of the whiners want.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2011, 06:00:43 pm »
Surprisingly the biggest whiner seems to be you, ToD.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2011, 06:11:23 pm »
+3
Surprisingly the biggest whiner seems to be you, ToD.

I whine about all the whiny little bitches who complain about everything and anything under the sun, and if and JUST IF the next patch fixes what they are whining about, they either say "no I want it back!" or "Oh I found something else to exaggerate about and claim that it is breaking the game blah blah blah I refuse to adapt my playstyle and won't shut the fuck up blah."

I rarely touch the "suggestion boards" or "Game Ballance" forum for a reason, just a bunch of fucktwits claiming that "The other class that I rarely play and only made a STF alt on pnce or thrice is clearly OP" or "That weapon that keeps killing me a couple times a day? OP"

Somehow, whenever me or my clan mates play, we don't notice "HOLY SHIT AN IRON STORM OF PROJECTILES COMING RIGHT AT US! Oh we survived... SHIT TEN BAJILLION CAV LANCED US IN THE ASS! Oh we survived... ARRRRRGH PIKEWALL we is deadites..."

That is my problem. All these stories of "I rarely get to melee and I end up dying to a piker if I do" means you seriously suck ass at this game and should find another game. If I can get there all the damn time with a zero shield 4 ATHL poleaxe character all the bloody damn time and usually get at least one kill before going down, or get there with my 5 ATHL 5 skill SHLD character and usually get a kill before going down, then how in the living fuck can so many of you fucktwits fail at this?

You have a thrice damned TILD KEY, so USE IT to avoid cavalry RAPING YOU IN THE ASS, and listen to your teammates when they say cav behind if you have teammates.

There is a billion and one fucking massive objects in 95% of the maps between you and your enemy, and you practically have to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to avoid them, so how in the fuck are you getting shot so much? Use your god damn cover and stop being so fucking impatient that you outpace your shielders, try walking BEHIND SHIELDERS since on the NA servers even RANDOM PLEBS GET THIS CONCEPT so whty in the nine hells am I seeing clanners that are so thick witted that they run out in front of shielders against the so-called iron hailstorm?

Oh shit there are pikers... well... Try using foot work (I know, really fucking hard concept) and stop attacking so much and just block since the time between attacks is not blindingly fast for pikes and longspears, so just CLOSE IN and then take ONE SWING and then BLOCK ONCE and then ONE MORE SWING like any other fight.... I can get that fighting groups of pikes/longspears is difficults.... But HOW THE FUCK are you people so fucking god damned aweful that I am starting to see bitch posts that say "I fought a long spear guy one on one and he killed me! Yeah he lolstabbed me at point blank and DESPITE THAT THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS I keep posting that I don't expect them to be able to attack that close so I will NEVER EVER EVER attempt to block them at close range because I AM AN INCOMPOTENT FUCKTWIT."

TL:DR version
You are all fucking retarded idiots who complain about everything from Mauls to stones to whatever raped you in the ass form a skilled player using it...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2011, 06:11:59 pm »
Proving my point quite nicely there.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »
I whine about all the whiny little bitches who complain about everything and anything under the sun, and if and JUST IF the next patch fixes what they are whining about, they either say "no I want it back!" or "Oh I found something else to exaggerate about and claim that it is breaking the game blah blah blah I refuse to adapt my playstyle and won't shut the fuck up blah."

I rarely touch the "suggestion boards" or "Game Ballance" forum for a reason, just a bunch of fucktwits claiming that "The other class that I rarely play and only made a STF alt on pnce or thrice is clearly OP" or "That weapon that keeps killing me a couple times a day? OP"

Somehow, whenever me or my clan mates play, we don't notice "HOLY SHIT AN IRON STORM OF PROJECTILES COMING RIGHT AT US! Oh we survived... SHIT TEN BAJILLION CAV LANCED US IN THE ASS! Oh we survived... ARRRRRGH PIKEWALL we is deadites..."

That is my problem. All these stories of "I rarely get to melee and I end up dying to a piker if I do" means you seriously suck ass at this game and should find another game. If I can get there all the damn time with a zero shield 4 ATHL poleaxe character all the bloody damn time and usually get at least one kill before going down, or get there with my 5 ATHL 5 skill SHLD character and usually get a kill before going down, then how in the living fuck can so many of you fucktwits fail at this?

You have a thrice damned TILD KEY, so USE IT to avoid cavalry RAPING YOU IN THE ASS, and listen to your teammates when they say cav behind if you have teammates.

There is a billion and one fucking massive objects in 95% of the maps between you and your enemy, and you practically have to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to avoid them, so how in the fuck are you getting shot so much? Use your god damn cover and stop being so fucking impatient that you outpace your shielders, try walking BEHIND SHIELDERS since on the NA servers even RANDOM PLEBS GET THIS CONCEPT so whty in the nine hells am I seeing clanners that are so thick witted that they run out in front of shielders against the so-called iron hailstorm?

Oh shit there are pikers... well... Try using foot work (I know, really fucking hard concept) and stop attacking so much and just block since the time between attacks is not blindingly fast for pikes and longspears, so just CLOSE IN and then take ONE SWING and then BLOCK ONCE and then ONE MORE SWING like any other fight.... I can get that fighting groups of pikes/longspears is difficults.... But HOW THE FUCK are you people so fucking god damned aweful that I am starting to see bitch posts that say "I fought a long spear guy one on one and he killed me! Yeah he lolstabbed me at point blank and DESPITE THAT THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS I keep posting that I don't expect them to be able to attack that close so I will NEVER EVER EVER attempt to block them at close range because I AM AN INCOMPOTENT FUCKTWIT."

You are all fucking retarded idiots who complain about everything from Mauls to stones to whatever raped you in the ass form a skilled player using it...

Geeze ToD , i agree to the posts of alot of people there , am i a whiner? no i think crpg went bad in the process but i still play it because there no games like it , i think you overgeneralize this time :)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2011, 06:19:34 pm »

Whoa, whoa. Take a chill pill, ToD.

:shock:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2011, 06:22:10 pm »
Geeze ToD , i agree to the posts of alot of people there , am i a whiner? no i think crpg went bad in the process but i still play it because there no games like it , i think you overgeneralize this time :)

I have yet to see you make idiotic statements. There is a difference between "there is a problem so I shall post it" and "There is a problem, so I am going to make up random shit and make a mountain out of a molehill." like all the people who lose against longspears on a one-on-one fight and claim that they are OP due to that... despite that LS are rubbish one on one compared to the majority of "real" dueling weapons, and only really become problems in group fights.

Yesterday I even came upon a post by Patricia (who claims to be a god when playing this game) who was bitching that he was hit pointblank by a longspear because he did not block due to not expecting them to be able to hit from that close... well damn... I had no idea that patricia became a retard who despite countless hours of playing this game, magically forgot that almost any weapon can hit point blank due to overheads or stabbing at the feet...

I don't have problems with the people who bring to light suggestions, I have problem with the idiots who say stupid crap like "No, removing overhead is not enough, remove all ability to block whatsoever with longspears" or "Remove range as this is a melee game, it says mount and blade not ount and friendly archer" or other stupid shit like that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:24:04 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »