Author Topic: CHAOS Supports Allies in War Effort  (Read 31435 times)

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
Re: CHAOS Supports Allies in War Effort
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2011, 09:01:24 am »
Oh no, they broke our non-aggression pack, you know, that non-legal, non-binding document that we wrote on the Internet, and the only punishment was we slandered our e-honor ever so slightly. I love how we come up with imaginary contracts and think Google documents will somehow legally bind people to following them, if you would like you guys can borrow damug the next time you sign a NAP, and he'll bless it with his lawyer powers.

I really want to sign one of these NAP's now, I don't think we've been in an official Google document of non-aggression yet, who wants to help change that?

Well yeah.. but it doesn't matter that its fake an on the internet and not enforceable by some government. Even in real lifes, for real, there's no real overarching law governing the relations between sovereign nations, unless you count the UN, which has clearly failed in that task, real.

The point of making a super officials google document isn't that you now have an invincible shield that says you'll never be attacked, it's that if you do get attacked, your aggressor loses all credibility in terms of honoring their future contracts. If someone breaks a NAP on strat, you don't call the police, you fuckin' bitch about it on the forums. What the hell else are you supposed to do, if not publicize it so that people know that there are interweb consequences to their interweb actions. The hope is that by sealing a contract with the threat of a soiled reputation, it will be honoured.

CHAOS made a choice. They clearly violated a NAP, and so they get to face the consequent but justified bitching, as well as a stain on their reputation. Maybe they can wiggle their way out of a large credibility hit by claiming the primacy of an alliance over a NAP, but that's still a little shaky. This whole situation has precedent, if your ally attacks someone that you have a NAP with, you stand aside, neutral. Black Rose did it when all their BFFs attacked the NE.

Yeah, yeah, I know you fuckin' know this, but fuck you; you asked for it when you degraded damug with your sarcasm. He and I have a forum mutual defense pact.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2011, 09:07:21 am »
As far as our reasoning goes, I hit on it in my previous posts for going into this war(if you go to my profile posts list it should be on the first or second page). We are well aware that some other clans might look down on this move with some disappointment, contempt, or even disgust, but believe me, we would not have done this if we did not feel as strongly as we do about it, and it is a risk we are willing to take. All keeping in context that this is a game, of course.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:08:42 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2011, 09:51:12 am »
As far as our reasoning goes, I hit on it in my previous posts for going into this war(if you go to my profile posts list it should be on the first or second page). We are well aware that some other clans might look down on this move with some disappointment, contempt, or even disgust, but believe me, we would not have done this if we did not feel as strongly as we do about it, and it is a risk we are willing to take. All keeping in context that this is a game, of course.
I don't understand the choice to be honest, this is the crappy old beta strategus and you're willing to show that you won't keep your word? Fail trump card if I say so myself :P

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:53 am »

You're entitled to your opinion, however short sighted it may be. Strat has been full of people not keeping their word. And if you think that the people you are currently allied with (not just talking about BRD) haven't done the same at some point in time since this beta strat started, then I kind of feel bad for you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:15:57 am by Darkkarma »

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2011, 10:38:18 am »
May it be known that LLJK_Zealot and LLJK_PhantomZero are as dumb as the cabbage they were harvesting for they did not know they were actually supposed to fight the enemy instead.

We forgive them their foolishness and will not provide them with challenge of having to stop working to participate in any of our battles in the future.

Well when you come in our TeamSpeak and ask for two dedicated cavalry players, then buy 200 Rounceys for a 4000-man army, then personally tell all the cavalry to charge from behind like fucking idiots and lose about 100 of your 200 cavalry units equipment in the process, we lose a little bit of faith. Worst of all, you ended up turning command to some guy who kept telling our light cavalry not to engage their light cavalry, subsequently redefining the objective of light cavalry, and wasting another 100's equipment's worth, and ending your cavalry unit.

Thus making two dedicated cavalry players, have to watch as you butcher the entire rest of the fight.

What is a man to do when he sees such a failure of leadership occur, but farm the lush cabbages for the amazing victory that will obviously occur, and also don't forget about finely chopped kindling to stay warm while eating delicious cabbages.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:22 am »
Well when you come in our TeamSpeak and ask for two dedicated cavalry players, then buy 200 Rounceys for a 4000-man army, then personally tell all the cavalry to charge from behind like fucking idiots and lose about 100 of your 200 cavalry units equipment in the process, we lose a little bit of faith. Worst of all, you ended up turning command to some guy who kept telling our light cavalry not to engage their light cavalry, subsequently redefining the objective of light cavalry, and wasting another 100's equipment's worth, and ending your cavalry unit.

Thus making two dedicated cavalry players, have to watch as you butcher the entire rest of the fight.

What is a man to do when he sees such a failure of leadership occur, but farm the lush cabbages for the amazing victory that will obviously occur, and also don't forget about finely chopped kindling to stay warm while eating delicious cabbages.

Nevermind that we both had double the kills than half the CHAOS team for the same amount of deaths, despite our dismounted shenanigans.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:53 pm »
Nevermind that we both had double the kills than half the CHAOS team for the same amount of deaths, despite our dismounted shenanigans.
BURN!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2011, 03:33:48 pm »

In a battle - as in life by the way - you make a personal choice: do you want to be a contributing member of society or just blame random circumstances for your personal misery and derp around instead of contributing. We choose to hire the first kind of person for our battles.

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.  ~Dan Rather

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2011, 03:42:57 pm »
...Wow.  The amount of e-peening and raging going on in this thread is outstanding.  So many egos.  Honestly, you all just need to calm down and listen to some B.J. Thomas, it'll be good for your soul.
-idlewind

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »
Just a few key points made on our behalf.

Also, what faction intervened on your behalf in your darkest hour as you were about to be crushed by the oncoming merc forces even knowing it meant us losing our claims in our territory only to receive nothing in return?

we gave you all of the time in the world to let us have the few areas we asked for, even after you agreed to it, only to have you go back on that word, say you had no recollection of the promise and only want to give it in exchange for an official alliance. That's pretty underhanded.

We definitely didn't demand Rebache, but after all of the talks we had with the Mercs on your behalf, we felt rather strongly about it, especially since we had given up all plans and territory in the north to come to your aid. Call us vultures if you like but you had originally made that promise but then went back on it because you felt we didn't deserve it.

We wouldn't have risked our integrity and good name as clan if we didn't truly believe we had been wronged.

You are (or were) our closest friends and you jerked us around all for some greedy land grab. All we wanted was a good fight(total disappointment) along side our good friends. After all, we left behind everything we had to get you out of the Merc war. Let's have fun though in this game.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2011, 06:00:26 pm »
So... Morale of the story is: If your partner is starting to do something that displeases you, instead of speaking up, you bitch about it in private to your bros not your partner, then wait weeks later without saying anything, then punch your partner in the face!

Fuck yeah, go communication skills!

Don't talk the instant problems arise, fuck that.
Don't formally break a treaty first, fuck that.
Instead, let things simmer, suffer in silence, then attack the other other!
Gogo diplomacy!

This makes total fuckwads of sense. Let me remember this, and if we ever enter diplomatic agreements with CHAOS, check up on them literally every day to make sure that things are ok as they sure as hell won't say anything first...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:01:58 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline espooo

• Banned hacker
  • Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I am always getting hunted down.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Espo_BRD
  • IRC nick: Espo
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2011, 06:02:42 pm »
So... Morale of the story is: If your partner is starting to do something that displeases you, instead of speaking up, you bitch about it in private to your bors not your partner, then wait weeks later without saying anything, then punch your partner in the face!

Fuck yeah, go communication skills!

Don't talk the instant problems arise, fuck that.
Don't formally break a treaty first, fuck that.
Instead, let things simmer, suffer in silence, then attack the other other!
Gogo diplomacy!

The correct term is "Vultures."

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2011, 06:05:54 pm »
Don't jump on Chaos like this, I really don't like when big faction critisize the action of smaller one, you don't know how it's difficult for small faction to exist on strat map, how they have to bend down to other big clan and how it's hard for them to have one village.

They have an opportunity and they take it, almost everybody would do the same, Drz is a great protector that keeps its word, imo they made the good choice.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »
Don't jump on Chaos like this, I really don't like when big faction critisize the action of smaller one, you don't know how it's difficult for small faction to exist on strat map, how they have to bend down to other big clan and how it's hard for them to have one village.

They have an opportunity and they take it, almost everybody would do the same, Drz is a great protector that keeps its word, imo they made the good choice.

Small faction my ass have you checked the roster of CHAOS? They are one of "the big boys" now, and long standing vets of the first Strat anyways.

Besides, small factiosn give large ones super amounts of verbal crap, so it amuses me to return the favour. So excuse me, I need to add further fuel to the fire for the sake of delicious drama.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »
I like to throw rocks from my glass house

We actually discussed it a few times. Also, to say we were partners is to say that we were basically allies when that was never the case. We have many friends in BRD, but we also had many friends in the NE. Should we not have attacked them either? It comes right down to the fact that while all of this was happening, should we go with a clan that we considered our friends, that not only broke their word to us but also seemed less than grateful for what we did for them in helping them survive their first war, or go with a clan that had been nothing but civil with us and held true to their word on everything they said when they could have just as easily taken us out? It' basically a no-brainer as far as strat decisions go.

Honestly if everyone in strat was acting like Matey, Kesh or Espo and started crying rivers every time a faction they were friendly with decided to fight them or not work with them when they give them a shitty offer, then I probably wouldn't be playin strat at all.

What's more, how many times did you guys in the fallen talk with the NE before you attacked them the moment you decided that your NAP was "poorly worded" enough to warrant an attack right as BRD made their attack as well? From what Ecko told us, he paid you guys pretty nicely to not get involved. I'm also pretty  damn sure that Loki wouldn't be putting up with getting wronged by another faction. To be honest, getting a lecture about integrity from Fallen makes about as much sense as a religious fanatic camping against free speech.

I'm going to assume you purposefully made moot points and blatant contradictions to better fuel this blazing fire that is strategus drama.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:24:40 pm by Darkkarma »