• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2011, 03:58:57 am »
+1
By popular demand, I will move my shit to the suggestion forum so that it can be toroughly discussed without filling this thread with any more offtopic since it has nothing to do with the Wipe.

Moved to http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,14467.0.html.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:01:16 am by Patricia »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11:20 am »
Add disarm mechanic based on comparing WPF, weapon weight & length between opponents.
Blocking for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration.
Holding attacks for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration

My favourites!!

"Yeah, you know... I almost win that match, but my axe fell on my head, and..."

Yes please make a thread...

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2011, 04:13:37 am »
Yes, like I said, those 3 suggestions might be a bit iffy, I developped on that in my post, but I guess you didn't read it entirely, which you should if you want to properly discuss it without making yourself look like a fool, also I posted the link to the new thread in my last post.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2011, 09:14:39 am »

Plate either removed, or very expensive (and slot-heavy).

No :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2011, 09:35:01 am »
+5
I fucking hate this game, I know a shitload of peoples who does too, why are we not quitting? Because there's no god damned alternative to this game, so we're stuck having to deal with this piece of shit broken down mess of an unbalanced game because there's no other games like it.

...blahblahblah...

Send me an email for a refund! I hate to have dissatisfied customers!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2011, 09:58:40 am »

Gief Email!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2011, 10:22:12 am »
Disable penalties from rain. If impossible, disable rain.
Remove bamboo spear, long spear, pike.
Lances become couch only.
Lances reworked statswise for couch only.
Full polearm turning on horseback.
Remove stagger.
Implement comprehensive slot system.
Revamp upkeep to constant per tick.
Standardize horse HP & armor (base HP, armor, +armor only on armoured, etc).
Rebalance horse HP & armor (less armor, more HP).
Horse speed & maneuverability reduced when injured.
Remove majority of armored horses.
Native animations.
Plate either removed, or very expensive (and slot-heavy).
Only one-handers with scabbards (bastard swords qualify), bows with scabbards, and crossbows are sheathable; no doubling of sheath slots.
Add transition to sheathe an item before being able to draw a new one.
Add minimum duration required to sheathe weapon.
Crossbows lose their readied bolt when sheathed.
Throwing weapons become up to 3ammo unsheathable.
Rework throwing stats to better fit the pre-melee role.
Fix throwing axes stick-in model (or remove them entirely).
Spear-type throwing weapons become longer.
Remove lightsaber on all animations (notably overheads).
Color-based uniforms for each team based on team banner, including shield color.
Rebalance items based on logic and not stupid shit.
Rework armor common distribution for 60% light, 30% medium, 7% heavy, 3% plate.
Replace heirlooms with blacksmithing.
Weapon length is calculated -5cm from tip (pick-style weapons use center of pick tip).
Twohanders above 105 length have polethrust.
Increase average melee WPF, more benefits for higher WM.
Add disarm mechanic based on comparing WPF, weapon weight & length between opponents.
Blocking for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration.
Holding attacks for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration.
Weapon blocks are cancelled once they block an attack.
Replace crushthrough with bonus against shields.
Shield skill is only used as a requirement for shields, in-game Shield skill is 0.
Remove jumping.
Remove horse jumping.
Remove ladders from Battle.
Rework maps to reflect these changes.
Horses take damage if they occupy the space of infantry (i.e bumping).
Horses die if they knock someone over.
Infantry die if they get knocked over by a horse.
Horsemen take % damage of health based on velocity upon horse's death.
Bucklers mounted on arm instead of held in hand.
Automatically start at 9 Strength 9 Agility and begin gaining stat points at level 14.
Make Strategus map large enough that positioning and travel is significantly important.
Knockdown on items with 5+ weight only.

This list is assuming WSE never gets implemented, or I would do some really off-the-wall shit.

This will also alienate a shitload of people probably, because people hate changes, especially in video games.

I also understand that the following:

Holding attacks for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration.

Are iffy, and I thought they would just add more depth to the list, but they're not necessary.

Was also to eliminate endless block battles because they're boring, and because someone holding his swing for 60 seconds while you hold your block for 60 seconds waiting for the other to do his move is also pretty stupid.

@Relit

I remove those because
1: The ways people play with them are fucking stupid
2: so that COUCH-ONLY CAV wouldn't be fucking crippled because of stupid pike shit
3: because of the fact that facing someone with these things is completely unfun with any weapon.

PIKE USER ENCOUNTERS PIKE USER? LOL WOW THAT'S FUN.

They deserve no place in this game, if you want to support teammates? Yeah? Fine. Get a fucking Bill or a Long Voulge, they don't fuck up the engine as much, any weapon over 160 reach is usually broken due to shitty game mechanics and the shitty engine, Boy do I love Serrated blades chainsaw wooden shafts.

i just see "remove here and there". from your point of view, you just want to transform M&B:warband in a mix of a diablo-like game and a chess-like game.
some suggestions you made (for instance self damage when holding attacks) are just silly. i hope you really get ignored or the game will be a so piece of crap, even travian could require more skill to play.
the balance is really fine at the moment. only the polearm stun (which the devs can't get rid of because it's hardcoded) is one of the few things to find a solution for.

seriously i really suggest you to leave since this game is not made for you. and if you think cRPG is unbalanced, try native sometimes. is so unbalanced, the last time i did a TDM, i ended with a 15:1 overall k/d.

i just see a person that can't really deal nothing versus all the builds and styles you listed. since we can all deal with the points you listed, the answer is just one. you suck at this game.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2011, 10:44:46 am »
+1
I'll rage if polearm stun gets removed.That's the only advantage over 2h reach,speed,and animation .
If implementing ability to choose using 2h grip and animation in return of your polearm being unbalanced (Can be activated or deactivated by hitting "x" as default" ) then if you remove polearm stun it would solve our 2h's are OP against polearms and Polearms are op against 2h threads imho.Poleaxes are balanced because of their grip,if you swing a poleaxe by holding it from the middle of the stick you can control it, if you hold it like 2handed weapons from the end of the stick you cannot control it but you'll gain reach.I think it'll need WSE + lots of hardwork to devs.It would make me happy if they do that instead of removing only polestun.If they won't add any advantage to polearms and remove polestun, it'll be imba and as i said i think it balances the situation atm polearms have stun , 2handers have reach + speed+animation(More confusing than polearm so its easier to feint and fuck your opponents mind.).I love cRPG and strategus as it is.Ofc you can't please everyone , it maybe needs some tweaks , maybe it has some bugs but we should always remember it is a free mod created by chadz and his lil crew and we are enjoying their work for free . Thanks again for giving us this mod and also trying to improve it all the time , getting feedbacks from your community etc.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38:18 am »
I'll rage if polearm stun gets removed.That's the only advantage over 2h reach,speed,and animation .
If implementing ability to choose using 2h grip and animation in return of your polearm being unbalanced (Can be activated or deactivated by hitting "x" as default" ) then if you remove polearm stun it would solve our 2h's are OP against polearms and Polearms are op against 2h threads imho.Poleaxes are balanced because of their grip,if you swing a poleaxe by holding it from the middle of the stick you can control it, if you hold it like 2handed weapons from the end of the stick you cannot control it but you'll gain reach.I think it'll need WSE + lots of hardwork to devs.It would make me happy if they do that instead of removing only polestun.If they won't add any advantage to polearms and remove polestun, it'll be imba and as i said i think it balances the situation atm polearms have stun , 2handers have reach + speed+animation(More confusing than polearm so its easier to feint and fuck your opponents mind.).I love cRPG and strategus as it is.Ofc you can't please everyone , it maybe needs some tweaks , maybe it has some bugs but we should always remember it is a free mod created by chadz and his lil crew and we are enjoying their work for free . Thanks again for giving us this mod and also trying to improve it all the time , getting feedbacks from your community etc.

very in topic indeed.

but lets go on with this. polearms advantage over 2h is style variety (pikes, shieldbreakers, horse lances, poleaxes, scythes, spears... even a crushthru). we already discussed it zillion times. 2handed have less style variety. only crushthru and swords. 2h on horse sucks (2h when riding is treated as 1h). swords are just a tad faster than polearms but don't break shields, have a silly thrust damage and the light weight just make easy prey for overhead block stun.

something that can be swung lightspeed, break shields, stunlock, stuns the block, have an awesome thrust damage and a top tier swing damage and is not unbalanced, imo is just a little OP

now get back in topic please.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:42:50 am by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2011, 12:05:21 pm »
Used to be that pole animation was way faster than 2h, but I think that's been hauled back a fair bit. Was probably an easier way to increase balance than removing the stagger.

2h is not much less diverse than pole. pike of tears, axe, bastard, 1/2h, nockdown, crushthrough. Polearm stagger is all that's missing really and imo, dodging it is the main point of carrying a shield.

Having said that, wipe polearm players, too long have they quasi-leeched off the legit builds. :P

Could be the beginning of a fine romance.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:06:23 pm by MeevarTheMighty »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2011, 12:21:29 pm »
As a pure pole, I too agree that polestun is just silly. But atm, there's nothing that can be done about it, so we'll just have to live with it.

Although Decimos' rant is not somethng I would agree with as a whole, he did bring up one valid point:

silly thrust damage

2h thrust damage needs a slight buff across the board imo, the speed nerf was great, and entirely justified (also broght another dimension to 2h fighting with the new tricky stab), but the damage nerf what went with it was a bit over-the-top.

Also: Make some 2h axes balanced, effective shieldbreak should not be limited to poles!

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2011, 12:25:28 pm »
+2
2h thrust damage needs a slight buff across the board imo,

No.  2h'ers should NOT have better thrusts than spears and other thrusting weapons, which they already pretty much do anyways.  it's just stupid and silly.  UNLESS you give all 2hers over 105 length pole-thrust animations.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2011, 12:28:47 pm »
No.  2h'ers should NOT have better thrusts than spears and other thrusting weapons, which they already pretty much do anyways.  it's just stupid and silly.  UNLESS you give all 2hers over 105 length pole-thrust animations.

+1.

2handers want to have real op weapons and play Star Wars PFFT!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1376
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »
Actually limiting lances is terrible idea. I'll rather remove couching from all lances besides actual couching lances (Grea Lance, Jousting Lance and others). You see, couching lance is the lamest way to kill someone in this game, even worse than hitting him with a bolt or arrow. And it's abused by cav noobs, greatly. I bet that 80% of current cav players wouldn't be able to score 25% of their kills without couching Heavy lance.

Lame ways to kill a person:

- couched lance from behind on the enemies spawn
- horse bump
- xbow & bolt
- bow & arrow
- abusing pike broken mechanics (those famous spinning moves)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2011, 12:48:58 pm »
+1

so what about a german poleaxe with both slash and thrust better than GGS and DGS plus shieldbreaking, polearm stagger and enough weight to stun almost all 2h swords (minus the flamberge and the claymore)?

just a jack-of-all-trade weapon. thrust better, slash better, break shields, stun blocks, stagger...

whack whack mood? german poleaxe / poleaxe / elegant poleaxe
can opener mood? bec de corbin
anticav mood? pike
retarded mood? LHB and stunlock
goldfarm mood? military scythe
siege mood? long maul
cavalry mood? heavy lance
stabbity mood? LAWLpike
nordic mood? GLA, long war axe, long axe...

only 9 kind of playing styles? oh sorry... i just forgot how op 2h stabcopter elitists are.

don't you get already why most of the 2handers gone polearms?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:54:31 pm by Corrado_Decimo »