Author Topic: Gamemode Stronghold - beta this evening?(CET)  (Read 27649 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: New Gamemode: Stronghold
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »
- You will use your own items, however, they might not be unlocked right away or come at a price (temporary resources, not your real gold).
- A 'round' means the total time played on a scene. During a round the dummy can be destroyed several times. It just means that you don't have to worry to start building a castle, and losing every progress within a few minutes.
Wait. People didn't get this already? Damn, you have to feed people with teaspoons these days.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »
- You will use your own items, however, they might not be unlocked right away or come at a price (temporary resources, not your real gold).
- A 'round' means the total time played on a scene. During a round the dummy can be destroyed several times. It just means that you don't have to worry to start building a castle, and losing every progress within a few minutes.

Ah, fantastic. Much much better!  :!:
Wait. People didn't get this already? Damn, you have to feed people with teaspoons these days.
If you assume anything about cRPG then you are a fool, give the slew of history of troll posts and weird issues from the past.

I prefer hard data not speculation of the community that is pretty much worthless.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2011, 08:27:55 pm »
Awesome looks like a fun game mode
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »
If this shit is fun, I don't even need xp and gold. Just saying...

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2011, 08:42:39 pm »
+1
we should get multis for achieving objectives, not just destroying a dummy. Like controling a key bridge or resource, or building a completed wall/castle.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:46 pm »
Ah, fantastic. Much much better!  :!:If you assume anything about cRPG then you are a fool, give the slew of history of troll posts and weird issues from the past.

I prefer hard data not speculation of the community that is pretty much worthless.
I didn't assume. I just read the HOLY EQUUS AFRICANUS ASINUSS post and understood what he meant. My troll detector is also highly sophisticated and chadz have been very decent with his posts for a long time anyway.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2011, 10:03:47 pm »
The idea seems awesome as long as the multiplier factor can be worked out to be more equal, the same system as battle won't work when the rounds are so long.

One big question is how are resources going to be allocated? If you team holds 3 mines or whatever do they go to a team pool? Individual pool? Who chooses how to build shit with what money.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2011, 10:17:22 pm »

So that means I could use a simple sword until we unlock the masterwork long espada eslanova.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2011, 11:47:16 pm »
So that means I could use a simple sword until we unlock the masterwork long espada eslanova.
Yes, although I would take an axe (high damage, fast, shieldbraking) or a mace (fast, medium damage but blunt damage, knockdown) instead. The earlier swords are not that good. Sword, on the other hand, is nice and the first good 1h sword in my opinion. Maybe the Nordic Sword if your not that keen on stabbing. Still, it's nice having to use lower tier weapon a bit, then go for the heavier ones. I'm looking forward to this :D

Also this is a nice place for the MILITIA to fight! We're already using low end gear (not peasant but not far from) so in the beginning we'll be more used to the equipment.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2011, 11:48:36 pm »
I have a fond relationship with the simple sword, along with the long arming sword and the long espada eslanova, they're my 3 babies :3

Damage is no issue for me so I need a relatively long weapon as well as fast one, the sword combines both, with 10 ps the damage agaisnt other people, who wont be really armored by the time I use the sword will be more than sufficient.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:51:17 pm by Bobthehero »

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2011, 03:32:00 am »
This also means having heirloomed low-tier items give an advantage early-game.

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2011, 03:59:41 am »
This also means having heirloomed low-tier items give an advantage early-game.

Omg, must.. have.. full low-tier +3 set!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2011, 04:31:49 am »
I have a fond relationship with the simple sword, along with the long arming sword and the long espada eslanova, they're my 3 babies :3

Damage is no issue for me so I need a relatively long weapon as well as fast one, the sword combines both, with 10 ps the damage agaisnt other people, who wont be really armored by the time I use the sword will be more than sufficient.
Hold on, the long arming sword is MY little baby. :O You were that random chick I knocked up! WE CAN FINALLY BE A FAMILY AGAIN!

(Yeah, the simple sword is totally cool with 10 PS, but for 6ish you wanna have something with a bigger punch. Maces are, and will always be, awesome against everyone. Try one. Although it might be bad if your slow. What's your athl?)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2011, 04:38:22 am »
I am a man of finesse and of few hits :P

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2011, 04:47:27 am »
I am a man of finesse and of few hits :P

"Thats what he said."
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo