Author Topic: Standard equipment. So it's native.  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
Re: Standard equipment. So it's native.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:00:22 pm »
Why shouldn't a naked peasant/spammer kill you if they deplete your hitpoints to 0?

Because it sounds like the biggest thing the patched nerfed was your fweelings. My suggestion is to enjoy the game more, instead of the false feelings of superiority gained from having spent more money/time.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:48 pm »
Kocik I think you make the same mistake a lot of (old) people do.

Like, life was hard and unfair to me, people mistreated me, so lets make sure that everyone else suffers the same way I did.

Why?

I always hated grind. I hated it so much. I worked so hard, then char reset. I worked so hard, my computer died.

What is this? I mean its supposed to be something you do for fun in your free time, not work.

In real life you have to work for so many things. Job in the first place, but also relationsships.

This is a videogame.

If I had to say anything, there was only one level for everyone. You would start and have a certain amount of attribute and skill points to spend. Thats it.

We still have a lot (in my opinion too much) grind in the game.

(There are no demi gods in native. Native is dead since a long long time.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:46 pm »
Is it playable now? Of course. But its annoying me some naked people kiling me with a spam weapon. If I'm paying for upkeep, everybody must pay like me. People dont wear armors and sometimes killing me with last hit or spam. Am i the only one whos annoying with them? I dont think so.

And RandomDude maybe you can remember my character stats and items and think how i feel with to be killed by a naked or peasant armored spammer.

So you're whining about peasants/naked people killing you? What?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 11:11:33 pm »
There's no different between people who plays since years or who plays since days.

Oh I'm sorry, you are not able to compensate for your lack of gray cells?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Garris

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:10 pm »
Yes CRPG is more like native now, and thats a good thing.  Everyone will tell you in this thread why it's better, heres my two biggest reasons:

1) In native your playing against what? twenty guys?  Doesnt compare to the hundreds playing crpg today, and I swear the population seems to be growing in NA.

2) You could be a real stud in native but your battles dont mean squat.  Without the persistent stats and inventory you might as well be playing single player.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:53 pm »
(click to show/hide)
that's true but you are str heavy right? so most people will be faster than u and many will be way faster

i used to ignore peasants mostly as they were usually low lvl but now u just have to take the perspective that everyone is a risk

kill them all

no mercy

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:31 am »
2) You could be a real stud in native but your battles dont mean squat.  Without the persistent stats and inventory you might as well be playing single player.

Many games are popular just because of that, to name the most famous one - DotA. So no, you could be a real stud in native and it would mean squat.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 10:11:35 am »
60 k + equipment whenever, whereever I want it. Spend like 70 k gold after the patch, didn t get poorer at all.
Earning gold is np, just play right.

And believe me:
Everybody who grinded long enuff before the patch now has shitloads of gold / a nicely stacked up equip screen. ;-)

Want ur heirlooms back? Grind for them but pls pls, stop those silly whine threads, rather deinstall coz shit wont change from these threads.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 10:42:58 am »
No -- I definitely did not see that.
I did not see that. What is this world coming to?

A guy just complained about naked people killing him. People without armor on. People he would one hit.

Nope.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:51 am »
Actually because of this patch I switch equipment more often, since I gain more money I can afford a large wardrobe. And this means I use different armours, helmets and gloves quite often. I think atm this patch provides more different looks. However when clans play together they tend to choose similar equipment.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:54 am »
In the first place, I was like: "naaaaaah, this patch sucks", I can't afford my herladic +19k armor every round, that is crappy. But then I started playing with some lower stuff, and I really started to enjoy the fact that you have to choose your equipment, and it's very cool to get the +19k out of the wardrobe. Play a bit more, maybe just like me you'll never want cRPG to change anymore. :)
Oh, and if a naked man kills you, well maybe you were being a bit to cocky and thought: "Oh nakedman, well he's dead, that makes sense right?". But like Randomdude said, everyone is a threat.

Enjoy!

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 11:48:41 am »
I play with a 52 AR-Armor, 47 AR-Helmet, 30 AR-Boots, and a long hafted Blade or long hafted spiked Mace plus Pike.
So my Equip is relatively High-End. And even so I still make Money all the time. Not as much as naked people but I still have a positive income.
So whining about how you cant play Spamberge-Tincan all the time is just not justified...

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 12:40:08 pm »
The Topic Opener isnt really false.

What he mentioned:
If you loose in native, u wear cheap gear and only sometimes have gold for better equipment.
In crpg its like the same, sure there are more items, but you are not really able to wear to best everytime - like in native.

I got over 100k gold atm. Because I am wearing Armor/Weapons around 5-8k depends if I use a shield.
I am trying to stay behind and get some easy kills, or I am just dying - I dont care.

If my team looses then I loose - I dont care and I dont give my best then (sorry, for what? Losing team means: hoping to get switched or more luck/do better next map)
If my team wins and the multiplicator is x3 or more I wear my best gear - around 80k and I give my best to help my team and to help winning!

The problem is more, if a team loses to often, nobody really cares and trys to change something - because of the upkeep!
Why wearing better armor with x1 and lose many gold and team will not win because everybody has a wodden dagger wearing?!

If there were no upkeep I swear teambalance would be much more effective. And many players would give their best even if they lost the last 2 rounds.
Atm nobody cares...

The real problem is the upkeep, I like the new gold/round system and other things what changed in the patch.
But this upkeep is terrible. Would have been better to make upkeep only for horses and not for weapons/armor.
Upkeep should have been for horses like fodder etc.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 03:00:26 pm »
I didn't play cRPG before the huge patch where upkeep was introduced, but wasn't the game full of the same looking tincans on plated chargers, that ran through everything? From what I understood, upkeep was the single most important change in the whole patch. Why would you take it away? Right now, I have to think about what I'll wear, there is no gold hunting only to get the best gear available and then steamrolling peasants. I for one enjoy the diversity of looks on the battlefield.

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 03:52:02 pm »
Some people only writing for insult. This is not a whine thread and i dont have a good English maybe you can understand me wrong cuz of this. But It's ok. Only thing is i say, old version was perfect and this version is playable only. Too many people dont agree with me but too many agree.
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?