• Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Racism
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »
+2
You fucking serious?
Ive never agreed with much you've said but this is a downright stupid remark, you can't condone racism and blame the offendee for getting bothered by these remarks.
Its not fair that you say he just learn to live with it

u mad?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 03:11:23 pm »
You shouldn't take internet seriously. If someone insults you, why would you care? A random person on a game typed in a few letters, and that should make you cry? Think about it. They can say everything they want here. If they were in real life, it would probally change, but you shouldn't take it seriously here.
While i do agree about the serious racism there, just leave. Go find a other server. If you're not content with every community on every server, leave. Play something else if that doesn't hurt you.

I'm in agreement with the OP.   Not a lot bugs me on the internet, but I find racism and general bigotry insulting.  It's not going to make me stop playing or start to cry, but it will make me report it to admins in game whenever I see it.

I don't know why people are defending it.  It shouldn't be tolerated in a public setting.  Sure if you're with some buddies joke around for lolz in vent or whatever, I don't care. 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Spartan793

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Spartan
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:30 pm »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 03:13:54 pm »
+1
They can say everything they want here.

That's where you're wrong. We have those rules for a reason.

While i do agree about the serious racism there, just leave. Go find a other server.

Bad advice. Instead: take screenshots and post a ban request in the correct board.
Don't.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 03:16:37 pm »
+1
You racist?

you are being incredible insensitive towards my insensitivity. I can't help how i am, i was born that way.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Spartan793

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 03:19:22 pm »
you are being incredible insensitive towards my insensitivity. I can't help how i am, i was born that way.

:|

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »
+1
That's where you're wrong. We have those rules for a reason.

Bad advice. Instead: take screenshots and post a ban request in the correct board.

I guess i didn't explain myself enough :/.

I was meaning general lines, people just making fun.

If there are a group of 3 people especially changing their names to insulting ones, there to troll/be a racist especially, then yes, they should be banned. They are only here to ruin the other players fun.

I was explaining if a single guy did it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:22:31 pm by Polobow »

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »
I feel you man. I think that because "some" are mentally as soft as newborns we should be a carebear community. If you get hurt by racism, you've lived a too sheltered life. Go out more. Or do something wild online. Like take part in some conversations on 4chan. After that you can say you've truly been alive. Life's a laugh bro, why waste it being insulted?

what do you know about racism to tell other people not to get hurt by it.
racism should offend you either personally or in your moral beliefs, if it doesnt, something is very wrong with you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 03:34:34 pm »
+2
what do you know about racism to tell other people not to get hurt by it.
racism should offend you either personally or in your moral beliefs, if it doesnt, something is very wrong with you.
People should be wise enough that the opinions by strangers/anonymous people are to be taken very lightly.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 03:35:13 pm »
+2
Well hell, I guess I am going to be nominated for Admin Abuse first on NA if reading these replies properly represent the community...

Regardless of your opinion, any and all racist names (and offensive ones) will be banned on all NA_Officials. If you don't like it, find another place to play. The rules are pretty clear on this. These servers are not your personal play grounds, they are a shared public place.

If you can not conduct yourselves in public like this, why should it be different in an online public place either?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 03:36:57 pm »
People should be wise enough that the opinions by strangers/anonymous people are to be taken very lightly.

and your point is?

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »
+2
and your point is?

If people are offending you on a game, you shouldn't be hurt by it. They are just saying it to hurt you, MOST OF THE TIME.

If they do want a serious discussion, then you can argue with them.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »
well racism in RL mostly is there just to hurt you aswell. and you wouldnt tolerate it. so why here?

again. how can you as bystanders tell someone, who might has been or is confronted with racism not to get hurt by it? I dont get it.

Offline Spartan793

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »
If people are offending you on a game, you shouldn't be hurt by it. They are just saying it to hurt you, MOST OF THE TIME.

Its not as simple as that though for some people

And i like how all the anti-racism comments are getting -1's...
Theres clearly some massive hidden racists in this community.... and im white and it still bothers me

Edit: Scrath that, it seems its just CountBerenger... racist fuck
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:48:51 pm by Spartan793 »

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »
+1
well racism in RL mostly is there just to hurt you aswell. and you wouldnt tolerate it. so why here?

again. how can you as bystanders tell someone, who might has been or is confronted with racism not to get hurt by it? I dont get it.

You do have a point there.

But, don't care about it. Yes, you can argue with it if you have been confronted with it, but they are not going to change their opinion, unless they want a serious discussion and misunderstood/thought differently about it. On the internet, it's different. They don't care at all. Learn to not care, on the internet, against people who are just there to ruin others players fun.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:52:16 pm by Polobow »