• Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
Re: Racism
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2011, 05:02:29 pm »
+1
You only used attention six times not twenty... Liar.
Wooki uses a special system of counting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »
When I was admin of some game, I handled this trolls keeping them alive... until they hit a high level (let's say 30). Then they're banned.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2011, 05:07:36 pm »
+3
Another 5 page thread showing the extreme lack of morals and intelligence plaguing the (gaming) community.
Herf derf racizm iz kewl.  umadbro.  lol I made someone mad, he's stupid.  hurf derf.  defending racizm iz kewl. hurr durr

This is what happens when an entire generation doesn't beat their kids like they should have.  Rampant douchewaddery.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »
+1
This is what happens when an entire generation doesn't beat their kids like they should have.  Rampant douchewaddery.

you are trolling?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
you are trolling?

Nope.  Too many kids weren't smacked in the mouth for being a fuckwad growing up.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »
Nope.  Too many kids weren't smacked in the mouth for being a fuckwad growing up.

Agreed. Well to be fair the vast majority would never dare to voice these retarded opinions in public/in person. The net is a different medium, and there is some truth in the idea that trying to fight back against shadenfreude obsessed psychopaths and general idiocy/trolling is a sysiphean task. Thankfully though the cRPG servers aren't set adrift on the general nets, it's a privately owned piece, and we have rules and enforcers for a reason.
Don't even bother arguing with them on the servers, that's valid advice. But if they really piss you off (only jaded cunts, cynics and vets of internet game+forums will really let it pass by with a shrug) then take a pic and get em banned.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:29:48 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 05:43:15 pm »

Does that mean violence is the only possible education for children?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 05:52:22 pm »
I'm not a parent actually so I shouldn't presume to understand it, but as far as boys go, yeah, I think an element of "violence" ( but really mostly the threat of pain) can be a positive influence. Not saying it's impossible to properly raise a kid without ever raising your hand to it, or threatening to, though.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 07:16:38 pm »
+1
Apparently McGrittles is Black_Man_1

He was talking about it in The Kingdom of Haven TS. I may be a Haven member, but I'm definitely not condoning this.

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »
I heard Bill Cosby discuss this recently. Kids 20/30 years ago acted like punks but still feared authority. Kids nowadays don't and retaliate against authority be it from parents, educators, law enforcement or whatever in increasing violent ways. Recently in my area a home was burned down killing 2 little boys because the dad acted out against gang activity. There's always been rebellion against authority. I think what was once abnormal is now the normal starting point for hatred or violence.

Anyways... in my viewpoint you either contribute or negate problems. The Golden Rule is the best policy, following that is ignoring stupid people and not giving them the attention they seek. I don't think a lot of racist text and behavior that is seen in the internets is really true, rather it's a means to do something offensive and edgy that folks do wantonly. Same goes for bad words, sexism, explicitness and vulgarity... all intent on offending and provoking argument to get reactions out of people with the internet being the easiest way to do so.

Kind of like how the wise Alfred said "some men just want to watch the world burn". Some kids build stuff with Lego, others destroy stuff built with Lego which is quite easy to do. It's easy to think of an offensive joke or slur. Everyone knows that's something that will get a reaction. The internet medium makes it even easier to spill out those thoughts.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 07:33:50 pm »
+1
Another 5 page thread showing the extreme lack of morals and intelligence plaguing the (gaming) community.
Herf derf racizm iz kewl.  umadbro.  lol I made someone mad, he's stupid.  hurf derf.  defending racizm iz kewl. hurr durr

+1 Gorath........+1

Trolling is the in thing to do, didnt you know?....it also means people are just bored and should stop playing games and do something else a bit.

I love this:
General response to chat in public servers:

Player 1 : "Man, I can't get a modifier tonight to save my life"
Troll(s):  "Learn2Play, stop sucking..."
Player 1:  "Um, I mean I'm 2nd on my team...."
Troll(s):  "Get to flag, don't be a killwhore, etc"
Player 1: "I was the last person on the flag all last map...."
Troll(s):  "umad?"  "hemad"

.....this kinda stuff makes baby jesus sad.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:40:21 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »
+1
I banned two people with the KKK tag yesterday.  KKK_Sand_N**** and KKK_KKK.  Their account names are Sunshine and Glitter (heh).  I banned them both for 5 days, if anyone wants to upgrade it to permanent be my guest.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:51:36 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2011, 07:51:17 pm »
+1
If it was soley for the account names then it might as well be permanent until they do a namechange and post a request for an unban.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2011, 07:54:23 pm »
+3
Well it was clear they created alts just to spam chat with racism, which is what they were doing.  I didn't see a Black Man or w/e this Haven guy did or I would've banned him too.  Due to the negative attention this thread has gotten, I think an upgrade to permaban until an apology essay  about Why Racism is Bad gets posted is in order.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:05:08 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Kuhparnicuhs

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Coalition
  • Game nicks: NilsFnils_HRE
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »
This is the problem with the internet, since people are granted anonymity they can practice their juvenile and dumb humor with very slight consequence. Which is exactly why the only people who scream these things on the streets are either brainwashed or psychopaths.

Edit: Berenger I can see your vote.. Dumbass.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:04:31 pm by Kuhparnicuhs »