Author Topic: Op Xbows!  (Read 15305 times)

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
Re: Op Xbows!
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 03:30:37 pm »
Whiners gonna whine. Do what Gurnisson said if you're really interested in balance.

Do i really have to quote myself? read the whole post before ur posting...
As i said, im gonna play as a xbower pretty soon...

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2011, 05:27:57 pm »
And I'm sick and tired of the damned lobyists who like this randomness. Can't you see that my suggestion is actually a buff in terms of killing?

I'm with Magikarp. I'd rather skill be rewarded rather than luck. If heirlooms had a slight damage reduction but an increase with reload speed it would be better.

Oh, and get rid of that horrible, horrible delay on the arbelest firing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2011, 05:48:29 pm »
I'm with Magikarp. I'd rather skill be rewarded rather than luck. If heirlooms had a slight damage reduction but an increase with reload speed it would be better.

Oh, and get rid of that horrible, horrible delay on the arbelest firing.
Im also with magikarp!
Also the delay on the arbalest have always been there no idea why tho

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2011, 05:51:19 pm »
Your death, however annoying, was in a minority.  A 4.13% minority, closely followed by throwing (3.62%) and horsebump (1.08%).  For the sake of posterity, I will relent from posting 'get over it' in large captial letters.
You should try playing on Ru_crpg sometimes. That percentage is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different there. And, i imagine, eventually that will transfer to other servers as well.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2011, 05:56:24 pm »
You should try playing on Ru_crpg sometimes. That percentage is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different there. And, i imagine, eventually that will transfer to other servers as well.

Not EU, does not count, otherwise the Bec Op/causes-too-many-deaths/overused arguement from NA has merit.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2011, 06:09:40 pm »
Oh no help me, every 1-2 hours i might be killed by a xbowman, its so unfair, they reload so fast and does so much more dmg, they can just keep on backpeddling and shoot me like a archer can, they also got so much ammo and they obviously pay no upkeep.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »
Oh no help me, every 1-2 hours i might be killed by a xbowman, its so unfair, they reload so fast and does so much more dmg, they can just keep on backpeddling and shoot me like a archer can, they also got so much ammo and they obviously pay no upkeep.

sarcasm?

Offline Shinobi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2011, 08:18:50 pm »

Hehe yeah I noticed that yesterday, its already starting to show on other servers as well. This is likely because bows have been hit so hard with the nurf hammer. Suddenly xbows are in focus like never before.

I started one instant lvl 30 myself and I must say they are very fun to use. Its taking away time to work on my main character who should be looming soon. ^^

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »
+3
cant be that rare when i keeps happening to me!?
Also im not crying im just trying to point out that they have got to much dmg and they are way too accurate!
I remember the good old days when everyone whined about archery..(Threads was pretty much like this one) and they got nerfed all the fucking time...
As i said, im gonna play as a xbower pretty soon...

Since you have no IF and shitty armor? If arbalest shouldn't deal the damage to take you down in one-hit, it would have to receive a massive speed bost. You also want them to be less accuarate, as well as a lot less damaging? You have no idea what you're talking about unfortunately. :|

And I'm sick and tired of the damned lobyists who like this randomness. Can't you see that my suggestion is actually a buff in terms of killing?

My answer wasn't directed at you. I wouldn't mind your suggested change, but I don't find it necessary either.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2011, 09:35:01 pm »
Since you have no IF and shitty armor? If arbalest shouldn't deal the damage to take you down in one-hit, it would have to receive a massive speed bost. You also want them to be less accuarate, as well as a lot less damaging? You have no idea what you're talking about unfortunately. :|

My answer wasn't directed at you. I wouldn't mind your suggested change, but I don't find it necessary either.

really dont understand this, are u really THAT arrogant? Archers got nerfed all ways, accuray, dmg, missile speed and a new animation, why could they not do the same with the Xbows! Mw arbalest should have less dmg and Accuracy end of discussion! I really know the fuck im talking about...

What armor do u expect me to use when im a archer? Plate?
1 more thing, today i played with my alt in mail, mailmittens,  6 if, 18 str...i had like 10 % hp left, medium range and im not quite sure if it was a MW Arbalest or a normal one!

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2011, 09:44:14 pm »
+3
A big part of the perceived problem would be solved if there was something done to prevent Xbows from being used as sidearm.

e.g. make them require at least xxx wpf, no need to gimp dedicated crossbowmen.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2011, 09:45:43 pm »
A big part of the perceived problem would be solved if there was something done to prevent Xbows from being used as sidearm.

Thats a really good idea! But they are never gonna change it -.-
Thumbs up for u!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2011, 10:11:52 pm »
really dont understand this, are u really THAT arrogant? Archers got nerfed all ways, accuray, dmg, missile speed and a new animation, why could they not do the same with the Xbows! Mw arbalest should have less dmg and Accuracy end of discussion! I really know the fuck im talking about...

What armor do u expect me to use when im a archer? Plate?
1 more thing, today i played with my alt in mail, mailmittens,  6 if, 18 str...i had like 10 % hp left, medium range and im not quite sure if it was a MW Arbalest or a normal one!

Archers were massively overpowered back then, something crossbows weren't. Now they're both decent. I can do well both as an archer and as a crossbowman.

I mixed up the armors actually, so I'm sorry for that. Kaftan is decent archer armor, but with no IF, you can't expect to survive a shot from MW arbalest and MW steel bolts. Then again, if the crossbowman misses his shot, you'll have a massive adantage and should be able to take him down, if it ain't a lot of hiding places in the vicinity.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2011, 08:12:58 am »

Higher STR requirements, arbalest should be at least 21 STR

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2011, 11:48:57 am »
Higher STR requirements, arbalest should be at least 21 STR
this might not actually be such a bad idea, depends on what most xbow users have for str now though.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay