Author Topic: Op Xbows!  (Read 15307 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Op Xbows!
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 07:31:32 pm »
Well.. its your  problem if you get oneshot when you have the choice to get IF or armor for sacrificing something, dont whine then.
Jesus christ, I was merely pointing out he was wrong. I wasn't whining about anything.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 07:33:39 pm »
Jesus christ, I was merely pointing out he was wrong. I wasn't whining about anything.

This is the internet, disagreeing is serious stuff yo!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »
Magikarp is a keen proponent that crossbows should be closer to what they were in Native.  Lower damage, faster reload.  A thought for him.  Currently crossbows account for 5% of kills in cRPG.  If I were to acquire the statistics from a collection of Native servers, what do you think the % of crossbow kills would be?

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:52:08 pm by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 07:54:51 pm »
Magikarp is a keen proponent that crossbows should be closer to what they were in Native.  Lower damage, faster reload.  A thought for him.  Currently crossbows account for 5% of kills in cRPG.  If I were to acquire the statistics from a collection of Native servers, what do you think the % of crossbow kills would be?

(click to show/hide)

On Native everyone is playing as a ranged...No wonder there would be more kills from xbows -.-

Well.. its your  problem if you get oneshot when you have the choice to get IF or armor for sacrificing something, dont whine then.
With studded leather coat and lordly wisbys,15str,2IF I survive arbalest bolts with 10-30% hp left..

i would like to see this !
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:56:33 pm by RagnarLodbroke »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »
Your archer has 54 hp, where as the average longbowman with 21/18 build has 56 hp. Amusing. IF is not needed with str archers.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2011, 08:05:03 pm »
+1
On Native everyone is playing as a ranged...No wonder there would be more kills from xbows -.-

Your death, however annoying, was in a minority.  A 4.13% minority, followed by throwing (1.08%) and horsebump (1.08%).  For the sake of posterity, I will relent from posting 'get over it' in large captial letters.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:40:20 pm by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:45 pm »
+1
I've got light kuyak and 3+ wisbys, 2IF and 15str, at medium/long range I never get oneshot, by never I mean NEVER, at point blank its either oneshot or 0-10% hp left, yeah you are simply forgetting the distance and also, with 145+ wpf in archery you can be more than sufficently accurate with -9.9 weight armor, also onehittin players in black armor is either extreme bad luck+speedbonus or plain bullshit, in plate you end up with 25-45% hp pretty much at every distance.

true.
I got 3+ bolts and 3+ arba and on long distance i dont even oneshoot low armored (low armoured is everything below lamellar) running AT me.

and again. on long and middle range, xbows have a huge disadvantage, kill wise, compared to bows. If I manage to hit someone, he doesnt die and before I reload he got cover. bowman on the other hand manage to land 2 or 3 shots in this time, beeing able to actually kill him (if skilled)
furthermore, bow men get the "learning" advantage. if they shoot and the shot misses, the have 2 or more new chances to actually hit the target and can adjust the new shots with the experience gained from the first shot.
xbowmen on the other hand mostly have "first" shots all the time and no learning advantage (in most cases, obviously not in all) and therefore a lot of "blind" shots

this finally gives xbow men save hits (and therefore the huge advantage compared to bowmen) only when the target is standing still on middle or close range or it is running straight at you.
on some battle rounds, I get to fire not even half of my bolts.

this again makes other xbow men, when they reloading my prime targets. furthermore only new/unskilled bowmen get killed by xbow men easily and dumb infantry running straight at me, even though they see me aiming at them
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:35:38 pm by Nihtgenga »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40:08 pm »

this again makes other xbow men, when they reloading my prime targets. furthermore only new/unskilled bowmen get killed by xbow men easily and dumb infantry running straight at me, even though they see me aiming at them

I've been here for 1 year now as a archer does that mean im unskilled or dumb?

I remember prepatch when i pretty often managed to top the scoreboards....i wont call that unskilled!?

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:45 pm »
I've been here for 1 year now as a archer does that mean im unskilled or dumb?

I remember prepatch when i pretty often managed to top the scoreboards....i wont call that unskilled!?

sure you get killed by xbow from time to time as an skilled archer aswell, but not more than by other classes, which again makes xbow not OP in your case.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:58 pm »
sure you get killed by xbow from time to time as an skilled archer aswell, but not more than by other classes, which again makes xbow not OP in your case.

so, if the other classes get killed by xbows more often they are still not Op?

Forget this ill rather get drunk now...

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2011, 08:56:41 pm »
so, if the other classes get killed by xbows more often they are still not Op?

hae?

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:55 pm »

(click to show/hide)
That's exactly my point. Seems you didn't read my posts did you?

I want crossbowman to be more consistent and less randomness being involved in their class.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:32 pm »
Would someone explain to me why, when a weapon is so overpowered, it still only accounts for 5% of kills?  Crossbowmen are fine because they are situational, their performance is reliant on map, gametype and the rest of their team. 

not that i don't agree, but that could be said for almost every class
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:55 am »
My opinion:
More reloading speed across the board
Less Damage acoss the board

And crossbow kills will drop from 5% to 2.5%.  That's a step in the right direction is it?  Throwers will out kill us, and horsebumping will not be far behind.  This beggars belief.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:46:59 am by MadJackMcMad »

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2011, 03:35:42 am »
i dont mind the lower tier xbows or horse xbows.
they need to shoot 3-4 times to shoot me while an archer does 3 to so.
but the arbalest especially loomed is just OP , it 1hits me most of the times i was wearing black armor

Yeah...I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this post.  I've never 1 hit someone in black armor with my MW Arb and MW steel bolts. NEVER.  Quit lying to try to make your point.

i have 18 str and 6 if i got shot by an MW arbalest for 70% i spotted him and chased him. he was alot faster got to reconable distance reloaded and shot me again, im an good dodger but he just aimed for like 70 sec and after that shot me and killed me omg

Well dummy, that death was entirely your fault, don't chase him next time...duh
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:39:23 am by Adam_Bomb »
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.