Author Topic: Op Xbows!  (Read 15332 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Op Xbows!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »
What about focusing on nerfing players that use xbows with 1wpf?

Black soldiers= Fasader and his item balancing crew
Ape= Random player with 1wpf in xbows
AK-47= Arbalest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqH4E0VXGE&feature=player_embedded
Most interesting

Offline Shinobi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 02:11:16 pm »
What about focusing on nerfing players that use xbows with 1wpf?

Black soldiers= Fasader and his item balancing crew
Ape= Random player with 1wpf in xbows
AK-47= Arbalest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqH4E0VXGE&feature=player_embedded

lol very nice video Mtemtko, thanks for sharing the link. And yes, I support nerfing 1wpf Arbalest users too. Balance archived with upkeep alone never works that well.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 03:33:46 pm »
So we have an archer (most likely without IF) complaining about getting killed in 1 hit from an arbalest while wearing a kaftan.

When are you going to make a thread about GLA's, Flamberge's and the like 1 hitting you? Probably never, because you can usually outrun them or shoot them before they get to you.

There's an extensive thread about xbows in comparison to bows, I suggest you read the comments from the devs there.

Oh and whenever I hit even a naked archer over long distance with +3 arbalest and +3 steel bolts, he would not die in 1 hit.

HOW THE HELL DO U EXPECT A ARCHER TO PUT POINTS IN IF? jesus christ....ur just making me more mad!
Also when u hit a naked archer he got no chance to survive from a x3 arbalest and x3 steel bolts, range doesnt matter! Pure Bullshit man....Not even a naked guy with 10 If would survive that, or he might, if he is god...

To another note..a flamberge needs to hit to kill me! Depends where he hits me, if he hits me in the head im dead! But if its a bodyhit i might survive. It also depends on the flamberge guy's build! If he is a str build with 10 ps ofc im dead! Also Spawny i know how to block... so with a slow flamberge i got np to move backwards and block!

Anyway back to topic! A archer need Powerdraw to use Bows...which means, u get 6 less skillpoints to use! And i prefer a 18/21 build as a archer, which means i need to convert some of my skillpoints to attribute points!

Got no idea how to build a xbowman, but im gonna try 18/18, and i think its gonna be a Ok build!
U also get 12 more skillpoints to spend....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:41:28 pm by RagnarLodbroke »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 04:57:08 pm »
I still stand by my argument. All the lobbyists sons of *peep* can go to hell as far as I care. Im a xbowman myself and I am not afraid of change; the current situation is fucked up.

My opinion:
More reloading speed across the board
Less Damage acoss the board

A hybrid between the insanely fast reloads and the insanely slow reloads of c-rpg would be best.

So essentially just another bow for archery.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 05:01:38 pm »
+1
So essentially just another bow for archery.
You don't understand what I'm saying than.

Every weapon get's a speedincrease from heirlooming, as did the arbalest. Now the arbalest get's NO speedincrease from heirlooming, while all other weapons including bows still do. Not so general. Was changed with patch 0.232 or the lastest one.

I brought it up since you said you never saw changes since the 2nd c-rpg wipe. Since I've been playing for over a year and never witnessed a wipe it seemed relevant to your claim.
Ranged weapons get a accuracy, shoot speed and damage increase. Melee weapons a speed increase of 1 point and a damage increase. Your point?

There were 2 wipes, one before I joined and one after I joined. After the second one chadz swore to never wipe characters and gold anymore. I must've been playing longer than you than.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »
HOW THE HELL DO U EXPECT A ARCHER TO PUT POINTS IN IF? jesus christ....ur just making me more mad!
Also when u hit a naked archer he got no chance to survive from a x3 arbalest and x3 steel bolts, range doesnt matter! Pure Bullshit man....Not even a naked guy with 10 If would survive that, or he might, if he is god...

Uh, most xbow men don't have x3 bolts and x3 xbow. I don't have any looms. So stop complaaining about loom modifiers, it's a whole different bucket of fish

And go 15 str and put the rest in agi

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 05:12:59 pm »

You click the little button as you're building your character so that it adds points to IF.  My archer put points in IF just fine.

Strength

15/21

Archery 150 wpf
2her 80 wpf

Iron Flesh 5

Power strike 5

Athletics 7

Power Draw 5

Weapon Master 7

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 05:14:03 pm »
Uh, most xbow men don't have x3 bolts and x3 xbow. I don't have any looms. So stop complaaining about loom modifiers, it's a whole different bucket of fish

And go 15 str and put the rest in agi

well thanks for ur tip! But the old players who's been here for over 1 year they have got a x3 xbow and x3 bolts...Or they can just buy a loom on the marketplace!

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 05:15:41 pm »
You click the little button as you're building your character so that it adds points to IF.  My archer put points in IF just fine.

Strength

15/21

Archery 150 wpf
2her 80 wpf

Iron Flesh 5

Power strike 5

Athletics 7

Power Draw 5

Weapon Master 7

i prefer a 18/21 build....i got a the MW Longbow so i need atleast 6 pd!
Think i said that in my other post, Again....jesus christ!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »
i prefer a 18/21 build....i got a the MW Longbow so i need atleast 6 pd!
Think i said that in my other post, Again....jesus christ!

Right, which means lack of IF is a failure on your part because of your own choices about your build.  Was simply saying that it's indeed quite possible and practical for archers to have IF.  Hell making an archer is like making a shielder.  Only instead of those points going into shield, they go into power draw.  /shrug.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »
+1
Right, which means lack of IF is a failure on your part because of your own choices about your build.  Was simply saying that it's indeed quite possible and practical for archers to have IF.  Hell making an archer is like making a shielder.  Only instead of those points going into shield, they go into power draw.  /shrug.
No it isn't lol, going for IF as an archer is the most idiotic thing you can do. Powerdraw, athletics and weaponmaster above everything.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 05:34:34 pm »
No it isn't lol, going for IF as an archer is the most idiotic thing you can do. Powerdraw, athletics and weaponmaster above everything.

THIS

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 07:23:03 pm »
Would someone explain to me why, when a weapon is so overpowered, it still only accounts for 5% of kills?  Crossbowmen are fine because they are situational, their performance is reliant on map, gametype and the rest of their team. 

Archers do need a buff however.  Their range should be longer and their deceleration slower.  The proficiency hit to armour should be lowered so that mail is viable.  Their accuracy should also be increased to equal that of a crossbow with equal proficiency.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »

Well.. its your  problem if you get oneshot when you have the choice to get IF or armor for sacrificing something, dont whine then.
With studded leather coat and lordly wisbys,15str,2IF I survive arbalest bolts with 10-30% hp left..

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:31:36 pm by Mtemtko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login