Author Topic: Split the servers.  (Read 13173 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: Split the servers.
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2011, 05:38:13 pm »
+1
/sign OP's post

(Overdriven, was that BFE-WaW?)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »
(Overdriven, was that BFE-WaW?)

Yup. I played a lovely 8 campaigns and wasted a good 3-4 years of my life in WaW:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Good times. Did you play in the tourny?

I'm still a part of their news and graphics team...even though I haven't played for about 3 years  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:47:56 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2011, 05:51:30 pm »
Yeah I played in....hmm like 10 and 11 and then skipped a couple and came back and lead Charlie Co in 15 and Sturm company in 16 i think?

I was Toolindor there and Leithlen (also here in crpg) was ToolMaster

Also did some graphics for them...
I miss it from time to time...but def dont have time for 12 hr battles these days haha.

Offline kastellan

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CotgS - Children of the green Sun
  • Game nicks: CotgS_Kastellan
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2011, 05:56:13 pm »
sigh.... the idiotic mind of the c-rpg community.

First, if you are the owner of a clan and are only EU go to NA and recuit. That way you can have TWO!!!! Peaks! And NA fighters fight on their zone and Eu fights in theirs

Second, If you are being attacked in the middle of the night, atleast you have good ping because you get the ping selection, + they have crap ping and youre tired with good ping. It balances out

Third, actually think, because when i fight in EU start servers i have 170 ping + im the above average player with a sword and shield, and i manage to do just fine when i listen to orders INSTEAD of trying to be the hero cutting down and slaying the enemies. USE teamwork. If you have crap ping always fight together NEVER duel. AND USE RANGE!

Sadly not many people will actualy try steps 1 and 3 because all they care about is who can whine the loudest.

Thats so completely bullshit...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »
Yeah I played in....hmm like 10 and 11 and then skipped a couple and came back and lead Charlie Co in 15 and Sturm company in 16 i think?

I was Toolindor there and Leithlen (also here in crpg) was ToolMaster

Also did some graphics for them...
I miss it from time to time...but def dont have time for 12 hr battles these days haha.

Ah I think I remember you!

Yeah I only pulled a 12 hour battle once. I was always amazed at the amount of guys who could stick it out for the full 12. The rest of the time I limited it to 7-8 hours max. Once I got to uni (as well as the girlfriend) I had to stop. Plus most of the guys who were there from when I started left as well so it wasn't as much fun anymore.

You missed campaign 13 (the killer year long campaign) then. After 13 I don't think the tournament ever recovered to such good numbers again. To many people dropped out from exhaustion  :lol: I think they struggle to fill the 64 man server a lot of the time now. And they reduced the battle time to 10 hours.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:01:07 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2011, 06:00:39 pm »
Playing with and against ppl across the pond can be fun but serious competition at those distances is more than frustrating its just fucking stupid. A complete split is in order. If it takes both communities to make this game happen then it shouldnt happen at all. I take winning serious and I like the appearance of an even playing field even if things arent completely fair. The ping discrepancy is too much for my competitive nature to accept.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:57:13 pm by Thax »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2011, 06:29:58 pm »
Yeah now that I think about it Overdriven I think i remember you from there too...

Yeah I skipped 13...saw that coming :)

----

As for Strategus and the NA/EU thing....I guess I just dont see the reason NOT to split them...and many reasons to do so....

Offline Ryqiem

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenary
  • Game nicks: MercA_Knightly
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2011, 06:55:12 pm »
+1
sigh.... the idiotic mind of the c-rpg community.
Which you're a part of, way to go.

First, if you are the owner of a clan and are only EU go to NA and recuit. That way you can have TWO!!!! Peaks! And NA fighters fight on their zone and Eu fights in theirs
Yeah, two clans. That makes sense - it's basically like splitting, no?

Second, If you are being attacked in the middle of the night, atleast you have good ping because you get the ping selection, + they have crap ping and youre tired with good ping. It balances out
And you're tired for the rest of the day, since you have to be up all night.

Third, actually think, because when i fight in EU start servers i have 170 ping + im the above average player with a sword and shield, and i manage to do just fine when i listen to orders INSTEAD of trying to be the hero cutting down and slaying the enemies. USE teamwork. If you have crap ping always fight together NEVER duel. AND USE RANGE!
Thanks for your awesome tips, it's so much fun when you have to gank up every time and "NEVER" duel - AND shoot people from range.

Sadly not many people will actualy try steps 1 and 3 because all they care about is who can whine the loudest.
Yeah, it's not the purpose but the whining we find funny. Sure.

What we really care about is having fun and we would like a split to maximize the fun - for both parties.

BTW - SIGNED!

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:40 pm »
+3

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2011, 12:11:30 am »

This thread aint about EU_1.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2011, 02:13:56 am »
Which you're a part of, way to go.
Yeah, two clans. That makes sense - it's basically like splitting, no?
And you're tired for the rest of the day, since you have to be up all night.
Thanks for your awesome tips, it's so much fun when you have to gank up every time and "NEVER" duel - AND shoot people from range.
Yeah, it's not the purpose but the whining we find funny. Sure.
He's not saying two clans, he's saying to make your clan global. And Strategus isn't about dueling. His 3rd point is the most important one to learn that pretty much nobody here will bother learning. Kastellan seems to have confused bullshit with accuracy.

Either way, all 3 of these things can still be done and give you an advantage even if you divide the map, so I'm for dividing it.

Offline ReLeNtLeSs

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Your tears fuel my Power Draw.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Falllen_ReLeNtLeSs
  • IRC nick: ReLeNtLeSs
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2011, 03:45:49 am »
+2
We seem to make it work just fine. I'm against the split. It would def. split up our clan.

What I don't understand is why you guys think that having a global clan splits the clan into? Or why you believe you will never get to play with them?

I love my EU clanmates and I play with them just about everyday, as there is a pretty good time frame where EU and NA are on at the same time. This doesn't even include the weekends where I see them most of the day at training.  The best part is that at any given time I can expect someone to be on TS to play with. So if I come home drunkenly (which seems to happen often) at 4:00+ am EST one weekend and want to play some c-rpg my EU friends will be there to hear me make an ass of myself.

It is true I don't get to play with everyone, but we have passive chat like forums specifically so I can keep up with the ones who I don't get to play with often.

If nothing else it has been at least a culturally eye opening experience; something I believe everyone should at least try before we decide a split is necessary.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2011, 11:54:33 am »
Ok, lets see:

The pluses:
+Both NA and EU can have good pings in battles
+Both NA and EU can enjoy normal times for battles
+No need to make a larger map since for now there will be enough space for clans
+Map wont be overcrowded
+No need to have backstabbing neighbours around...

The minuses:
-EU can't kick NA's ass  :(
-Smaller community for each shard

Mmmm..I am undecided....Maybe chadz' idea of the ping borderline is better? It only needs a bigger map.
Though, as a temporary measure this can do

+1 for minuses
I think that sharing our community is a terrible idea. Without the Americans will not be more fun  :P
Of course, problems with the ping is obvious, but it relates to both sides in the same way. Easy to defend, difficult to attack. An additional factor in the game. Want to always have a good ping? Play cRPG... You have to look for other solutions.

This isn't the opinion of the Grey Order, only mine.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2011, 05:14:52 pm »
All this and more. Having a global clan is not splitting it in two. A lot of people intermingle with each other frequently and have fun. Honestly, I prefer being in a global clan as the playstyle of NA and EU are different enough that there is a lot to learn, and that is why I think the Fallen are so unique, because we take the best of both worlds.

Having a global clan makes it stronger and more interesting, it does not split it by any stretch of the imagination.

Besides, it makes the Voice Chat so much more interesting when it is international.

We seem to make it work just fine. I'm against the split. It would def. split up our clan.

What I don't understand is why you guys think that having a global clan splits the clan into? Or why you believe you will never get to play with them?

I love my EU clanmates and I play with them just about everyday, as there is a pretty good time frame where EU and NA are on at the same time. This doesn't even include the weekends where I see them most of the day at training.  The best part is that at any given time I can expect someone to be on TS to play with. So if I come home drunkenly (which seems to happen often) at 4:00+ am EST one weekend and want to play some c-rpg my EU friends will be there to hear me make an ass of myself.

It is true I don't get to play with everyone, but we have passive chat like forums specifically so I can keep up with the ones who I don't get to play with often.

If nothing else it has been at least a culturally eye opening experience; something I believe everyone should at least try before we decide a split is necessary.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:16:15 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »
Actually, I think Fallens are very biased in this. Since they are the only one that have both NA and EU members, they are privileged in current situation. 

Split the servers, and disregard whatever Tears is saying, he is biased, and what he says is bullshit.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!