Author Topic: Split the servers.  (Read 12450 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Split the servers.
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »
Actually, I think Fallens are very biased in this. Since they are the only one that have both NA and EU members, they are privileged in current situation. 

Split the servers, and disregard whatever Tears is saying, he is biased, and what he says is bullshit.

We are not the only ones, Acre and LLJK come to mind instantly, there are others.
Regardless, yes I am biased but it works. There is no reason not to adapt and do what we and a few other clans do since it works so well.

If you deliberately only hire on one side of the fence and not both, then of course you will run into problems. Seriously, why not adapt too?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2011, 06:02:38 pm »
Because we are not nolifers that spend 24/7 playing Warband. There are only so many timeslots when the clan can gather on ts and play together.

And I am glad you admit you are biased, being Fallen and NA. Now, I would kindly ask you to stop pulling "arguments" outta your butt, and say it loudly that you prefer servers to stay joint because this option suits you personally.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thokan

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The ATS Swede
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Thokan, Guildmaster, Bambur
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2011, 06:11:18 pm »
+1
Splitting servers would ruin immersion and competition. A lot of guilds have players from both sides of the pond. For instance, Im with the ATS and play from Sweden. Limitations does not equal freedom nor creativity. 

If you got a ping above 200 and its unplayable tough luck, but most people got less when playing on the other servers. Mayhap a 2-hander is not in complete order when you got 150 ping, but 1her is. Or if you are real lazy, spam arrows  :mrgreen:
WTB 2 meter tall Canadian Lenin statue.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2011, 06:19:02 pm »
+6
Seriously, just make another continent (can just duplicate the current one). You can still fight EU v NA if you want, but the vast majority can choose to enjoy reasonable battles with decent ping and decent timeslots.  Most importantly we can actually fit all these players on the map where you dont have a 100 people in every city and 25 in every village and hundreds who cant even find room and numerous decent sized clans that cant even get 1 fief.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »
+1
1st time i agree with you ...  :?  :shock:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »
If you deliberately only hire on one side of the fence and not both, then of course you will run into problems. Seriously, why not adapt too?
Well Fallen has a very high proportion of archers in the clan, probably the class least affected by ping differences.  It may make it easier for you guys to play together regardless of server, but generally I enjoy actually playing with my clanmates, something that likely wouldn't happen in the average clan.

NA guy: "hey what's everyone up to?"
EU guy: "playing siege on the EU server"
NA guy: "oh well I get 180 ping over there.  Want to come over to NA_Battle_Community?"
EU guy: "sorry, I get 220 ping on that server"
NA guy: "..."
EU guy: "..."

It's nothing against being a global clan in theory, but in practice it just isn't as enjoyable due to ping.  I'd rather deal with the problems of 'shift coverage' than feel a part of only half a clan.  Given the option of splitting though I'd take it.  Would still be great if there was a way to join battles with other sides though, again I like to see people I never play against.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline ReLeNtLeSs

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Your tears fuel my Power Draw.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Falllen_ReLeNtLeSs
  • IRC nick: ReLeNtLeSs
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »
Because we are not nolifers that spend 24/7 playing Warband. There are only so many timeslots when the clan can gather on ts and play together.

And I am glad you admit you are biased, being Fallen and NA. Now, I would kindly ask you to stop pulling "arguments" outta your butt, and say it loudly that you prefer servers to stay joint because this option suits you personally.

None of us play 24/7 either, the majority of us have jobs. We may be biased but our system works. We are just asking for you guys to at least try it out yourselves before you say we are "pulling arguments out of our butt". How can you even say that? You won't even try it, or even consider the option.
Well Fallen has a very high proportion of archers in the clan, probably the class least affected by ping differences.  It may make it easier for you guys to play together regardless of server, but generally I enjoy actually playing with my clanmates, something that likely wouldn't happen in the average clan.

NA guy: "hey what's everyone up to?"
EU guy: "playing siege on the EU server"
NA guy: "oh well I get 180 ping over there.  Want to come over to NA_Battle_Community?"
EU guy: "sorry, I get 220 ping on that server"
NA guy: "..."
EU guy: "..."

It's nothing against being a global clan in theory, but in practice it just isn't as enjoyable due to ping.  I'd rather deal with the problems of 'shift coverage' than feel a part of only half a clan.  Given the option of splitting though I'd take it.  Would still be great if there was a way to join battles with other sides though, again I like to see people I never play against.

It is true we do have a lot of archers on the NA side, but we have plenty of melee too. When I get home from work, plenty of EU people are playing. We play in EU. After they go to bed we play in NA late night. It really is not as bad as you think.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:55 pm »
We are not saying that your clan doesnt work, but that we should be able to get sleep, have fun, and play strategus without HAVING to do what your clan does.  I don't feel any great desire to go to EU server, fight with horrible ping, just to recruit a bunch of EU players when everyone I play with every day is an NA player and fights on NA servers because its not really fun to fight with 200 ping and gets old really fast.  It works for you - great- you guys can be in the middle of the 2 continents, but please for the love of god don't force everyone else to be like you because you don't want to lose your advantage over non-multicontinent clans.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:12 pm »
+2
Do it! Do it now!

Offline Spartan793

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Spartan
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2011, 10:32:40 pm »
+1
Signed. But i cant see anything happening until 'new' strat

And guys lets not turn this whole thing into another flame war, this problem affects everyone and its in the interests of everyone that it be sorted

VEE MAST UNITE!

Offline ReLeNtLeSs

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Your tears fuel my Power Draw.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Falllen_ReLeNtLeSs
  • IRC nick: ReLeNtLeSs
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2011, 10:37:06 pm »
We are not saying that your clan doesnt work, but that we should be able to get sleep, have fun, and play strategus without HAVING to do what your clan does.  I don't feel any great desire to go to EU server, fight with horrible ping, just to recruit a bunch of EU players when everyone I play with every day is an NA player and fights on NA servers because its not really fun to fight with 200 ping and gets old really fast.  It works for you - great- you guys can be in the middle of the 2 continents, but please for the love of god don't force everyone else to be like you because you don't want to lose your advantage over non-multicontinent clans.

We don't do anything different other than our Faction Thread says [Recruiting NA and EU]. Regardless, I was just trying to encourage people to try it.  I cant force anything on anyone. I'm just trying to understand why there is so much resistance to multi-continental clans. If everyone did this we would lose our advantage right?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2011, 10:53:52 pm »
We don't do anything different other than our Faction Thread says [Recruiting NA and EU]. Regardless, I was just trying to encourage people to try it.  I cant force anything on anyone. I'm just trying to understand why there is so much resistance to multi-continental clans. If everyone did this we would lose our advantage right?

Well, they just want to split the servers, so that the Fallen can just choose one of them, and then still continue night attacks... Because yes we are that much of a dick of a clan  :mrgreen: so if we have to choose we will likely go EU, and then just all the NA guys will still launch night attacks. This sounds OK for we will have a larger advantage then ever! WhooHoo!

The only way this will work if you have two separate Strats  is if you have that previously mentioned "Only attacks during prime hours" are possible, but then that will just choke Strat as there are not enough prime time hours to satisfy that many players. *shrugs* That can be solved though by having two strat servers per strat, so you can have battles run simultaneously if Prime Time is enforced. but that costs money...

Either way, chadz already has a plan to split the continent. We shall see how that goes.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:54:56 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:45 am »
The only way this will work if you have two separate Strats  is if you have that previously mentioned "Only attacks during prime hours" are possible, but then that will just choke Strat as there are not enough prime time hours to satisfy that many players. *shrugs*

Have you seen the battle list at the moment? There are 3 on there. It's only hectic at the beginning when everyone is grabbing for fiefs. I think there are more than enough prime time slots to cover the issue once you get to even this stage of strat.

Offline 22nd_Hawk_Cmdr_Harlequin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2011, 11:55:34 am »
Is there really any need to even argue if this is Wrong? Lol?  :lol:

Split 'em already.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2011, 12:00:22 pm »
Split 'em already.

(click to show/hide)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.