Author Topic: Split the servers.  (Read 12582 times)

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
Re: Split the servers.
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2011, 02:12:35 am »
Where the fuck did that come from, he never mentioned it....

Seriously, wtf. Not your place to say how some stranger conducts his/her personal life especially when you know nothing about said stranger. Way to be a massive dick.
You're right, like it's not his place to call people bundle of stickss for playing the game differently?

Split the servers to make life easier for those on their respective continents.  Get mad that the people aren't playing the game the way you like it or respecting your desires over theirs.  Knowing that Gorath has a family, because he told everyone, his obligations are raising a family (probably why I mentioned it, dun dun dun).  I don't care about his family, I see no reason for anyone else to care about his family, and accommodating him because he told people about his life outside the game is pointless.  Hey, I'm going to school, care not be bundle of stickss who wait two hours to siege?  I have tests to study for, friends to hang out with, and other obligations to fulfill.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thokan

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The ATS Swede
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Thokan, Guildmaster, Bambur
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2011, 02:41:55 am »
+1
Mercs had 4 fights today and in at least 3 of them we had so many disconnect from the server that they affected the end result.

This bull have to stop. 7 ppl disconnected and could not get in for a long time, then disconnects again.
Some ppl left after that also.

Disconnects should not affect the tickets.

If these disconnects are because of lag due to NA server then its even another valid point to separate NA and EU

DRZ had the same disconnect problem today, on the EU server. It has nothing to do with EU fighting on NA.
WTB 2 meter tall Canadian Lenin statue.

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2011, 02:44:11 am »
+1
gK signs

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Horse_And_Sword

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • You like this ^? Yes? Good, good for you sir
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Cavalieres)
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres MIke_N_Ike, Sword and Horse, Derp?
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2011, 03:06:04 am »
+1
Signed

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:38 am »
+2
Onix APPROVES!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2011, 05:12:36 am »
+3
Where the fuck did that come from, he never mentioned it....

Seriously, wtf. Not your place to say how some stranger conducts his/her personal life especially when you know nothing about said stranger. Way to be a massive dick.

He's a goon.  That's where it came from.  A self centered narcissist who gets a chubby from seeing exactly how big of a vile cunt he can be to other people while bathing in the praise of other cunts for his asshattery.  That and apparently he's one of the one's that has a huge e-crush on me (check his info under his avatar pic).  Either way, his very next post goes into great detail about his preference for being a douche opposed to actually wanting to play the game against other members of the community in a fun manner.  Exploit, cheap shot and gay the game up to win at all costs.  Viva la fucktards!

It's the same shit in any pvp game where there's any kind of territorial control.  One group of players wants to have fun with the other members of the community, win or lose.  Experience some good battles and gaming.  Then there's the other group who's mentality is "Fuck that, let's make sure we use anything we can to win without any conflict.  Pick servers where their members lag, make sure we attack when their member base is sleeping/working.  Let's show them that this game belongs only to fuckwads, asshats and cunts with no lives!"  etc.

But whatever, he's right.  My obligations take precedence over the game which is why I have only participated in two strat battles so far.  Of course the fact that his idea of parenthood means 24/7 attention on your child only with absolutely no personal time in the evening to enjoy a hobby just goes to show how little he knows about life outside his narcissistic world of douchedom.

You're right, like it's not his place to call people bundle of stickss for playing the game differently?

The fact you draw no distinction between telling someone that perhaps instead of being a bundle of sticks and making it a goal to have battles at the worst possible time for his opponents (which is a dick move no matter how you look at it) he could perhaps actually be reasonable and have actual battles with his opponents;  and joining in on the bringing up RL to talk shit about one's family train just shows exactly how much of a mentally unstable fuckwad you are.  Somewhere along the line your upbringing failed horribly.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:23:40 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2011, 07:05:35 am »
oh he is a bundle of sticks

Tell me why it is a dick move.  Explain to me how it is a dick move and I will yield and cease believing that you're a complete moron.  I'll stop thinking that at every waking moment, there is a high probability of a long dribble of drool dangling from your lower lip.

Gorath, for the love of god, prove me wrong without Hurf A Derfin' about goons.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2011, 07:13:36 am »
+2
Tell me why it is a dick move.  Explain to me how it is a dick move and I will yield and cease believing that you're a complete moron.  I'll stop thinking that at every waking moment, there is a high probability of a long dribble of drool dangling from your lower lip.

Gorath, for the love of god, prove me wrong without Hurf A Derfin' about goons.

Well for starters, your post was considered enough of a dick move that the mods deleted it, where as his post is still here...

Or maybe the mods keep deleting your posts and giving you warnings because they are tired of your inane bullshit you spam everywhere...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:14:51 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2011, 07:38:39 am »
+3
Keep the thread on target. It's about a NA/EU split. Not some troll and Gorath.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:24 am »
+2
Keep the thread on target.
:\ Why you gotta stop our fun?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2011, 07:46:43 am »
+4

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2011, 08:58:44 am »
+1
I like the idea which chadz is putting forth but with one change, like if NA goes into EU territory and take and hold the village for like 10 days, the the server preference should go to NA, same if EU takes over NA territory; of course the preference could be changed back if another owner hold it for 10 days.

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2011, 09:14:26 am »
+1
Well for starters, your post was considered enough of a dick move that the mods deleted it, where as his post is still here...

Or maybe the mods keep deleting your posts and giving you warnings because they are tired of your inane bullshit you spam everywhere...

Probably because Gorath gets butthurt over people talking about things he informs them of.  Did I say anything bad about him having a family?  Nope.  Did I call out his whiney "This isn't fair to me" bullshit?  Yup.

Keep the thread on target. It's about a NA/EU split. Not some troll and Gorath.

I think it is completely on topic.  If time issues are such a big thing with NA vs EU but it's not going to change because of a Legitimate Strategy, then why bother with the idea at all?  Better ping?  Who cares, are we going to whine about being in an area that doesn't provide fiber optics next?  Can we divide the NA servers into NA West and NA East?  I mean, to be fair, there is a time zone difference between east and west coast, too.

Honestly, Gorath's whole point is that people aren't playing the game the way he wants them to.  If a server split isn't going to change the issue then why bother?  Why waste the effort even toying with the idea when you could spend the time thinking about closing up security holes, balance issues, and whatever else needs done during beta before helping some dudes catch a little sleep?

You work within the confines of the rules to give yourself an advantage.  It's not cheating to play at a time that suits you and not your opponent.  It's not even a dick move!  It's a strategy.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2011, 09:54:54 am »
On topic part:
If a server split isn't going to change the issue then why bother?  Why waste the effort even toying with the idea when you could spend the time thinking about closing up security holes, balance issues, and whatever else needs done during beta before helping some dudes catch a little sleep? 
For one, splitting NA/EU would take far far far less time and effort.  chadz could probably get that done in an hour or two tbh.  It would then allow for MORE battles and usage of everything in strat, which would allow for an even faster pace of testing/feedback.  Rather than the shitty middle of the night with terrible ping lolwtfhappened roflstomps going on now that a fairly significant amount of players seem to disdain.  Of course you don't give a shit what they feel about it, because it's all about you and your ability to be a complete asshat.

Other shit:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:02:04 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2011, 10:42:09 am »
+2
When is strategus split into NA/EU?

We are waiting  :wink: