Poll

Should ladder building be a bannable offense?

Yes
34 (33%)
No
69 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: January 25, 2011, 08:32:40 pm

Author Topic: Regarding Ladders  (Read 6661 times)

Offline Literally_Circler

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally a Clan
Re: Regarding Ladders
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2011, 12:52:45 am »
I think we all know that the autobalance is far from perfect, which is why I have taken to ladder building from time to time. Basically, I build when it looks like my team will win, regardless of whether I help or not.

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2011, 01:26:13 am »
Well this my friend is a touchy subject and people have been banned for it before myself included... Most regard it as delaying the game and I no longer do it. c-RPG is not built around ladder building and Im sure it was not intended to be part of the game. It just happened to happen. So unless your using ladders to get up to a higher spot for archery or to get an advantage. I believe that Ladder forts should be forbbiden. Yes I learned my lesson from my Ban. And I believe it should not be taken lightly... I do agree for maybe a 24 hour ban or maybe a couple day ban like I myself had but.... I do NOT agree with a permanent ban. I do see it as a waste of time and as a waste of help to your team like it was explained to me.

this is my two cents.  :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:32:04 am by Jinxits »
Jinx

Offline tovell2121

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:21 am »
any chance i get i will kill ladder builders

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2011, 05:15:50 am »

TOUGH GUY
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2011, 08:39:08 am »
I was the one tking xol and his ladder building friends. The reason being there was 40 players in the game and with 5 of our team messing around with ladders it was 15 v 20 and was impossible for our team to win.

Tovell

Shouldn't this guy get banned? He's fully admitting to tking, and twounding which is fully against the rules. He spends whole rounds hunting down a few admittedly, useless, team mates when he could be contributing to the team rather than killing them.

Ladder building is in the grey area of the rules, and has been mentioned numerous times, tking and other community actions is not condoned by the admin staff and one can be kicked/banned for it. Hypocrisy much?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:41:24 am by ShinySpoons »

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2011, 09:04:22 am »
I think I've already said my mind on this maybe on this thread. Here goes anyway. Ladders are stupidlly easy to destroy. This leads to mainly archers using them to get to a roof and then destroying them. My solution would be to make all ladders like they are on siege. That way when archers go to a roof they can knock down the ladder but the enemy team can raise it at any point. Would be realistic and better for gameplay.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.