Poll

Should ladder building be a bannable offense?

Yes
34 (33%)
No
69 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: January 25, 2011, 08:32:40 pm

Author Topic: Regarding Ladders  (Read 6648 times)

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Ladders
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 03:07:39 am »
To quote Whalen207

"I'm not even playing, I took off all my gear and I'm just running into battle till I die and give someone a boner,"

Then,

"Man, it's so hard to play when you're blowing someone,"

Literally verbatim, there are even non-Literally people that will confirm my claims.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 03:24:19 am »
Leeching - not participating in fight, not helping your team. Is bannable offence.
Tell me how is what you do different? And just the fact that you throw two ladders to the roof at the start of the round doesn't mean you're not leeching when the remaining six minutes you do nothing for your team. And your excuse that you're under level 10 is bullshit, if every low level did that, we would have had 1/3 of the people just doing nothing on every server. You can still throw rocks, get some stuns off, grab a pike or buy a cheap sword, just DO something useful. Is it really that hard to comprehend?

We are useful bro
They stare at us and laugh thats being useful
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 03:28:21 am »
We are useful bro
They stare at us and laugh thats being useful

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 03:56:06 am »

Also Xol said devilized allowed it so i continued building
Whhen i went to ATS server i asked can i build when they said no(i asked guts)
i stopped
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 04:23:42 am »
Building and chilling up top is pretty neat, except when it's an archer that no one notices and he suddenly can hit you with arrows behind the wall you're hiding behind :(
Tungsten_ATS

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 05:42:00 am »
Let me mention a few things. First, if you're desperate to build sexy ladder art, come to The Fallen Ones. Most of us are just enjoying the game over there, and would enjoy some beautiful ladder art between rounds. If you don't want to come, it suggests that the true purpose of your Ladder art is trolling people who are playing hardcore serious(Or you want more people to see I suppose). We really are a friendly bunch over there. Sure, I like to get a great K/D and then fap to it as much as any ATS member, but I can still enjoy some recreational ladder activity, even if I don't choose to do so myself. So come on in. The water's fine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:44:28 am by Bothersome_Aldryk »

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:59 am »
in the immmortal philosophy of gorath and unfortunately aimed right back at him.

Ragers with Rage

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 06:19:35 am »
Ragers with Rage

pssst
*will*

(Still have yet to hear anyone counter the points I raised about it.)
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 07:04:14 am »
Man people take this game more serious than I thought
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 09:24:41 am »
I find it entertaining to watch. Something strange and surprising in an otherwise ordinary Battle. It's not like it's something as serious as a strategus battle. This little venture from the norm is (mostly) harmless.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 11:45:34 am »
I'd just like to say, regardless of your opinion on it, I'm glad people are discussing this.  Just one thing, remember that we're all a part of a somewhat small community, so don't go pissing all over eachother just for the sake of being top internet tough guy. 

My counterpoint to the claims of leeching is that many people on the server find the ladder antics entertaining, so while I understand perfectly well that we're not helping in a conventional sense, we are contributing to the general enjoyment of the game for a majority of people on the server.  I'm happy to admit that I do this sparingly at higher levels as well simply because it's fun, which is why I play the game.  I am well aware that this doesn't conform to your preconceived notions of the 'right way to play,' but I would hazard that having some hilarity breaking up the monotony of the grind is much, much more beneficial to the health of a server's population than having an extra two people on a team for a couple maps.  Out of curiosity, did any of you ever play fun rounds in CS?

This is true
I was one of the people who helped them build even though i was on other team
Tovell was constantly tking them Also he constantly tried to poll ban
Next map when i went on his team he tried to tked me in spawn
when that failed he ladderpaulted me

anyway
Hello Master Xol

I will always follow the way of the ladder builders

Hi :)
I should really write down the way of the ladder down somewhere.

Let me mention a few things. First, if you're desperate to build sexy ladder art, come to The Fallen Ones. Most of us are just enjoying the game over there, and would enjoy some beautiful ladder art between rounds. If you don't want to come, it suggests that the true purpose of your Ladder art is trolling people who are playing hardcore serious(Or you want more people to see I suppose). We really are a friendly bunch over there. Sure, I like to get a great K/D and then fap to it as much as any ATS member, but I can still enjoy some recreational ladder activity, even if I don't choose to do so myself. So come on in. The water's fine.

I actually heard about this from KaleLord yesterday, I don't think anyone was on when I was, though.  Or else I just missed favoriting one of your servers.  Either way, sounds pretty baller.

Xol, just shut up.

Yesterday you and your Literally_Buddies (AKA LadderClan) kicked me to death three rounds in a row before I manned up and slashed a my old friend across the face.

On the topic of ladder-building, I have no objection to it. I've done it myself. Xol's an expert at this kind of thing...
On a side note... LADDERS FOR THE LADDER GOD

I take no responsibility for Literally's actions, however, I think they may have been showing you some sort of twisted form of affection.  They do that to all the peasants in the clan (including me).  Now, if you weren't a peasant, I don't know what to say.  I'm not a fan of TKing unless it's something agreed upon by both parties or if you're defending yourself.
boop

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 06:14:27 pm »
Please do because i still fail alot and ladderpault myself

Offline Dreakon_The_Destroyer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Dreakon_ATS
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 11:32:00 pm »
yeah Xol my point exactly! it was funny! its nice to have some laughs at 8 A.M. when im looking to grind grind grind.

some people are just wayyyyy to serious sumtimes. if your really that competitive about wins then maybe you should join a softball team instead of freaking out about a game  :lol:

ladder art away friend. ladder art away
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Offline Silv

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silvarren, Silvyn
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 12:09:12 am »
Honestly, if it's once a round, and only one person, I don't mind that much. But when it's every round and more than one person (making those people/persons useless throughout the whole game) then it becomes irritating. It's nice that people find it amusing. I find whacking people in the face with a sword amusing. I also like seeing the rounds progress quickly, as opposed to waiting to play. And maybe I am too serious, but I play cRpg not to watch ladders, but to bash pixels. Why don't you record your ladder exploits, and then people can watch them on youtube instead of holding the round up?

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 12:37:48 am »
So on one side we have:
"I'm so low level... might just leach to 25+... I'm sure nobody cares if I'm being counted in autobalance and might take a slot on full\passworded server."

on another side we have:
"Yeah, thats look cool! I wounder how high they can build it in one round. Hmm... that tower is getting erased every round... what's a point? Ohh I see there are 5 people making it. Damn x1 10 rounds in a row, this is going very slowly to my 31 level. God damn my friends can't join server and these guys just build the same shit over and over."

You can build cool stuff on duel server, you have much more time and respawns to build a lot of things. There is always new people connecting and they won't mind it. Share screenshots or video with community and generaly don't be a selfish ... artist.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:43:46 am by ViiK »