Poll

Should ladder building be a bannable offense?

Yes
34 (33%)
No
69 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: January 25, 2011, 08:32:40 pm

Author Topic: Regarding Ladders  (Read 6222 times)

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: Regarding Ladders
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »
well, I think that it is a game desined to fight, if u like to build constructions go play, I dont know, simcity?? personaly I have nothing against cose I have bigger concerns than leachers, but I can undesrtand why people disslike it. The other factor may be that u are puting more presion on weaker PCs by building thsoe creazy constructions, and this would be a very resonable reason for u to stop.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »
I live for the moment you're one of the last 3 on the team, and the whole of the enemy team looks up and sees you in the skybox all at once.

Right, so you like wasting your team's time and player slots that autobalance takes into consideration just to get the enemy to look up at you being a dumbass on a ladder tower....

Fun for you, but I'm fairly sure your team wished you had done ANYTHING productive to contribute.  Perhaps they would've won had you piked that cav, or stunned that guy with a rock, or had a melee'er chase you into your teammates.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »
well, I think that it is a game desined to fight, if u like to build constructions go play, I dont know, simcity?? personaly I have nothing against cose I have bigger concerns than leachers, but I can undesrtand why people disslike it. The other factor may be that u are puting more presion on weaker PCs by building thsoe creazy constructions, and this would be a very resonable reason for u to stop.

Looking at the poll, I'm glad to see that you, and the admin who mentions his adminship at every given opportunity, are in the tiny minority.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 10:53:17 pm »
Looking at the poll, I'm glad to see that you, and the admin who mentions his adminship at every given opportunity, are in the tiny minority.

Admin what the admin poll really says admin is that there's admin 30 admin people who agree admin with delaying, exploiting/adminglitching the map admin, hiding and generally admin giving the admin proverbial admin admin admin finger to your admin teamates.

admin admin

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 10:55:38 pm »
Admin what the admin poll really says admin is that there's admin 30 admin people who agree admin with delaying, exploiting/adminglitching the map admin, hiding and generally admin giving the admin proverbial admin admin admin finger to your admin teamates.

admin admin

And the guy who actually runs the server we play on says it isn't a problem, as long as we don't delay, which we don't.

So we have the masses, and the server owner, on our side.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:17 pm »
And the guy who actually runs the server we play on says it isn't a problem, as long as we don't delay, which we don't.

So we have the masses, and the server owner, on our side.

He also said unless someone can give a valid reason, I gave 3.  And so far neither you, nor anyone else has disputed them.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 11:16:33 pm »
He also said unless someone can give a valid reason, I gave 3.  And so far neither you, nor anyone else has disputed them.

Why bother? You won't read it. Every 'valid reason' you gave has already been addressed in a previous post.

And with that, I'm through getting trolled by you. The community has spoken, and this issue is resolved.

Offline tovell2121

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:29 pm »
I was the one tking xol and his ladder building friends. The reason being there was 40 players in the game and with 5 of our team messing around with ladders it was 15 v 20 and was impossible for our team to win.

Tovell

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 11:25:11 pm »
Why bother? You won't read it. Every 'valid reason' you gave has already been addressed in a previous post.

And with that, I'm through getting trolled by you. The community has spoken, and this issue is resolved.

Really?  Point them out, because you're full of shit.  I even went through the whole thread again, not a single person countered any of those points.  What you really mean is "Fuck, I don't actually have a legitimate point so I'll just throw in the towel".

Yeah, thought so.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:42 pm »
I was the one tking xol and his ladder building friends. The reason being there was 40 players in the game and with 5 of our team messing around with ladders it was 15 v 20 and was impossible for our team to win.

Tovell

Bullshit. The server was full, and the 5 of us doing it included people from the other team who swung around the map to join us by our spawn. When you got vote banned it was because you were at negative 10 kills, which doesn't count all the ladderpulting deaths you caused, and included the "enemies" you were killing, which obviously raised your score.

The other fun part was when you started TKing me, when I had a positive K/D, just because I had the word "literally" in my name, and next called a kick vote against someone else in our clan who also wasn't involved in the ladder activity.

Offline Rokem

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 11:51:50 pm »
Bullshit. The server was full, and the 5 of us doing it included people from the other team who swung around the map to join us by our spawn. When you got vote banned it was because you were at negative 10 kills, which doesn't count all the ladderpulting deaths you caused, and included the "enemies" you were killing, which obviously raised your score.

The other fun part was when you started TKing me, when I had a positive K/D, just because I had the word "literally" in my name, and next called a kick vote against someone else in our clan who also wasn't involved in the ladder activity.

This is true. Half the people complaining about you weren't even associated with us.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:29 pm »
Did you miss the part where we retired and are less then level 10?

What do you want us to do? Go throw rocks? Suicide? Would dying as peasants be playing "right" to you?

I want you to go buy a practice longsword and smash some people's faces in.  Die with dignity!
Or alternatively, deploy your ladders usefully.  Ladder towers aid no one.  Ladders to archer hideouts or enemy positions can make the difference between victory and defeat.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 01:58:28 am »

This is true
I was one of the people who helped them build even though i was on other team
Tovell was constantly tking them Also he constantly tried to poll ban
Next map when i went on his team he tried to tked me in spawn
when that failed he ladderpaulted me

anyway
Hello Master Xol

I will always follow the way of the ladder builders
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:54 am »
Leeching - not participating in fight, not helping your team. Is bannable offence.
Tell me how is what you do different? And just the fact that you throw two ladders to the roof at the start of the round doesn't mean you're not leeching when the remaining six minutes you do nothing for your team. And your excuse that you're under level 10 is bullshit, if every low level did that, we would have had 1/3 of the people just doing nothing on every server. You can still throw rocks, get some stuns off, grab a pike or buy a cheap sword, just DO something useful. Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:38 am »
Xol, just shut up.

Yesterday you and your Literally_Buddies (AKA LadderClan) kicked me to death three rounds in a row before I manned up and slashed a my old friend across the face.

On the topic of ladder-building, I have no objection to it. I've done it myself. Xol's an expert at this kind of thing...
On a side note... LADDERS FOR THE LADDER GOD
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login