Poll

Should ladder building be a bannable offense?

Yes
34 (33%)
No
69 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: January 25, 2011, 08:32:40 pm

Author Topic: Regarding Ladders  (Read 6227 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Ladders
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »
Yo people, you who love making architectural masterpieces using ladders, this is a game for you:

http://www.minecraft.net/

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:57 pm »
We kick ladder builders out of our clan without remorse.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Rokem

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »
We kick ladder builders out of our clan without remorse.

Trollface.jpg

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:40 pm »
Good excuse?  Cool:
1)  You're leeching

2)  You could be contributing to your team instead of wasting their time.  Grab a pike, some rocks and try to stun, a hand axe and shield and try to break enemy shields or cover for your team.  Yes, being a meat shield is still valuable because if spazzy mcpaddington swings at you instead of me trying to get the easy kill for his KDR, I get essentially a free hit on his dumb ass and can drop him.  Like sacrificing a pawn for a rook/bishop/knight etc.

3)  You are hurting your team because if you'd just gtfo if you're not going to try and help, the autobalancer might put someone on their team that WILL try to help.

Yup, as an admin I'll kick for this crap pretty fast if you don't knock it off after I tell you to.  The reasons I just listed are more than adequate for why you're being a bastard with your ladder "art".  Go to an empty server, or go to the lljk server if you have to do this stuff.

@OP:  Wasn't there, but I wish I had been.  It would have stopped quick before escalating to the point you say it did.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »
I'm gorath and I have very little reading comprehension! I also need to let my full administrative powers known! I don't care that peasants more often get in the way than help! Also, fun is not allowed when big bad gorath is on the prowl!
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:02 pm »
Yo people, you who love making architectural masterpieces using ladders, this is a game for you:

http://www.minecraft.net/

I would hope they've all heard of it, but that definitely is a good suggestion. Still, some want to try different artistic mediums.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 09:33:28 pm »
I would hope they've all heard of it, but that definitely is a good suggestion. Still, some want to try different artistic mediums.
The world is my canvas, and ladders are my paint.

But seriously, there's something about pulling off a good ladder-link that's pretty satisfying.  I definitely understand where people are coming from with the team-detriment stuff, though.  Perhaps doing it on a duel server would be less inflammatory.
boop

Offline Dreakon_The_Destroyer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Dreakon_ATS
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:21 pm »
i played with Xol all morning. they built ladders. didnt bother anyone. if they were last to live they jumped off.

yes i saw some asshole tking and catapulting the builders (f***ing prick). going out of his way to harass Xol.

also  it was actually funny watching how freakin high they get. a little fun and laughs in the game once in a while justs adds to a better game.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
Ladder towers don't really bother me unless they're delaying the round. However if you're really in it for the building and not for leeching, why not do it on the duel server?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »
Ladders are broken anyway, as long as your not holding up rounds, or annoying people by putting ladders  on rooftops for archers,(yes melee gets upset when their friendly archers are on the roofs killing their enemies.)

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »
Did you miss the part where we retired and are less then level 10?

What do you want us to do? Go throw rocks? Suicide? Would dying as peasants be playing "right" to you?

I got my first kill as lvl 1 on my 2h, no wpf, no PS. my main is a 1h but i have ok blocking skills allowing my team mates to finish them off, your leaching and fooling around, if i was admin id ban you right off the bat since your breaking the rules.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »
I'm gorath and I have very little reading comprehension! I also need to let my full administrative powers known! I don't care that peasants more often get in the way than help! Also, fun is not allowed when big bad gorath is on the prowl!

Hi, I'm HeroZero.  I'm a troll and ignoramus.  I classify wasting teammates time as FUN!  My fun comes at the expense of everyone else!  Don't get in the way of my fun or I shall try to mock you and claim that you're the fun police!  Grrrr.

:rolleyes:

I read just fine:
They feel that because we level 8 peasants would better serve the team as sword fodder, meekly holding pikes in hopes of poking something for a half point of damage. 
Yes, you are better served as sword fodder, meekly holding pikes in hopes of poking someone (or some horse) and actually trying to help your team.  As I stated above.  If your only rebuttal to the points about why ladder bullshit is retarded and the least productive thing you can do for your team happens to be "BUT YOU'RE RUINING MY FUN!!! FUN MAN FUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!"  Then fuck off, go have your "fun" on the lljk server or duel server, or an empty server.  If you're on the battle server, contribute to your fucking team.

Offline XavierX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: XavierX, Tycho, Javier, Zeus
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:55 pm »
Did you miss the part where we retired and are less then level 10?

What do you want us to do? Go throw rocks? Suicide? Would dying as peasants be playing "right" to you?

Play the damn game. If you aren't participating in the action then you are leeching, and should be banned.

I got kills under level 10, and so can you. Suck less.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »
I got kills under level 10, and so can you. Suck less.

^
This.  Vehemently over and over again, this.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 10:36:21 pm »
Ladder towers don't really bother me unless they're delaying the round. However if you're really in it for the building and not for leeching, why not do it on the duel server?

I live for the moment you're one of the last 3 on the team, and the whole of the enemy team looks up and sees you in the skybox all at once.