Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 30409 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2011, 05:36:33 pm »
I've been messing around with the dmg calculator and I think horse archers get the same penalty as mounted polearms. SO if thats true, then you were guys also right and I want my horse archer dmg to be equal as foot archers'.

LOL yeah, Horse archers get damage penalty for some reason or another, even if they're standing still with their horse.

Offline Ando

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2011, 05:44:35 pm »
Have u ever heard about Agincourt,Potiers?Mongols,huns?It was real!And its all about the bow.I like this game because its realistic.As an archer i should be deadly from long range and very vulnerable at close combat.To keep my accuracy i need light armour usually with no helmet.So im dead at close combat vs a mail or harder kind of 1h or 2 h.Lets take a look regardin HA.Its the most dificult class in my opinion.Lots of point in riding,ha,archery,pd..and now its unplayable because of the nerf of the bow.I cant belive when i see horses faster than arrows or rocks got flatter trajectory than arrow. :cry:

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
Horse Archery should be need only 5 agi per skillpoint. this way horse archery would be a choice again and not some crap...speaking about every HA not only bow, thrwoing on horse and xbows too

or

as we know HA gives a malus on damage and accuracy...with 6 points in HA its nothing more than peanuts...
so to make damage on Horse lets say alter the skill so the malus of the damage is gone at HA 3, and the accuracy like in native at 6 (its still impossible to reach 6 when you want to kill more than your time ;))

so an HorseArcher can choose to make and crappy accurate HA with only 3 points but can still do damage or go with 4 or even 5 HA to be mor eaccurate but loose good amount of damage.

@Ando: Yeah at the moment its impossible to make an good Horse Archer, though i do still fine but only because i play HA since early M&B version and have experience in it...archery will always be nerfed because 2hspammers need an easy time without range to kill all people

i want to throw the arrows...it would be make more damage and would be faster -.-
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:51:13 pm by Farrok »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:16 pm »
Horse archery is the most cowardly annoying class out there, you really want it back? Maybe your forgot how awfull it was before the patch.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2011, 05:51:31 pm »
i can fap to this
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »
If your team have (not nerfed) archers - then HA will be shooted down (or will be grounded) shortly.
When HA able to ride from left side of horizont to the right (and be out of view and firing line) while I preparing bow to shoot (Longbow) they yes.... HA is dangerous.
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2011, 05:54:01 pm »
Horse archery is the most cowardly annoying class out there, you really want it back? Maybe your forgot how awfull it was before the patch.

it was only awful because of heavy armored pinpoint accurate Horse Archers...

its a unique play style, not found in any good game...so yeah i and many others want it back to not have only a 2hspammernoob as classchoice

Offline Ando

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »
This how they are described in history(i like it efficient than coward).But the 2 h culture rules this kind of games.2h is an ineficient weapon,u need large spaces to wield it.Most medieval battles were done by spears,cav,1h shielders,and archers or xbow.
Oh and regarding 2h:this is the most fantasy class in game and it should be the hardest to play.U cant complain when u have no defence lika a shield that u are dead in 2 shots.But again the 2 h culture its present in game and disrupts the realism of the game and all other classes are guided after the 2h class.Who stops u 2 handlers to wear a shield?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:01:40 pm by Ando »

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »
This how they are described in history(i like it efficient than coward).But the 2 h culture rules this kind of games.2h is an ineficient weapon,u need large spaces to wield it.Most medieval battles were done by spears,cav,1h shielders,and archers or xbow.

+1

but you know its sooo much cooler to wield an twohandsword than another weapon because of all the cooool hollywood crap

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:01 pm »
but you know its sooo much cooler to wield an twohandsword than another weapon

This is what i read, and i wholeheartedly agree.  8-)

Offline Ando

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2011, 06:25:37 pm »
Its ironic!..."because of the 2h hoolywood crap".

Offline Bensbane

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boobiland
  • Game nicks: Bensbane
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2011, 06:29:25 pm »
Your so called facts are not accurate.

Longbows had better rof, dealt less damage and have problems with penetration, even against good mail.

You also underestimate recurved bows.

Give me the sources of an Hungarian type Bow with equal or more than 120Lbs of draw tension.

For your other arguments, please watche the following vids as awnsers :

Piercing test of Longbows in thick plate armor :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Xp56uVyxs

To note, ancient warbows were up to 180Lbs of draw pressure, not 100lbs as shown on the vid. (A maximum of 210Lbs was reported, couldn't found my sources to prove, sorry).
Also, they used high modern steel for the plate,... ancient hammered steel was not that efficient.
That's not stupid to say that in mediavel conditions, the arrows would make more than two holes....

Piercing test on Mail :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4gPgHyaG1Q&feature=channel

As said before, the bows are not as powerful as those used and the steel of the mail is better than was used. But even like that, the arrows penetrate the male without problem. (Have to say also that, in this test, they used riveted mail,... in the XII Century, those kind of mail was only for rich Lords..)

Longbow VS Crossbow ROF test :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HagCuGXJgUs&feature=channel

Both weapons were heavier in terms of drawing strenght but you can still see my point...

Huns's horse archery effectiveness (and High ROF) example :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yorHswhzrU&feature=related

But this is no aimed shots, they are instinctive ones, still 12 Shots in 17Sec is fuckin' impressive.

That's for my "unaccurate" facts.

Talking about Crossbows, I read someone say that crossbows were not able to pierce Plate armor, that made me laught a lot !
With 220-240Lbs of draw tension (300 for some modern was XBow (yeah, we still use xbow in military operations...) they had no problem in piercing any kind of armor.

That's also why X-Bows were prohibitated by Vatican Laws during nearly 300years in medieval Europe,.. what's the point of war if any peasant could take a X-Bow and take down an heavy armored Knight as easy as that ??

So, Archery is too efficient ? Well, as one of the most old weapons ever created and with 15'000 of years of evolution if it's not efficient, what's the point !???

Leave archers alone and take a Shield if you don't want to get shoot.

POST SCRIPTUM :

Sorry I forget to laugh about 2H !

Actually they weren't (or very few and only in some countries) any sharpened two hand swords found. That's for one simple reason... two and swords were not made to kill but to brake awlpike lines.... yeah, that's not as epic as Aragorn Charging 10'000 orcs but that's our ancients did...

The only two hand weapons used were Axes, 1 and a half swords, Francisques, pikes, lances and Halbards (and some more but they were to many cultures to right about every one).

The closest to two hand swords used in melee fight were the Japanese Najinat or the Swiss Zweihander (used only in rotation attacks by Celtic peoples).

As always, if you give sources that says otherwish, I'm ready to ready (and certainly to laugh about,.. but still....)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:42:49 pm by Bensbane »

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2011, 06:33:40 pm »
Bensbane, correct me if im wrong, but did you just base some of your post on some douche-bags playing the 'science guy' on youtube?  :lol:

*edit after reading etc*

*Edit 2* The player above me, should relocate himself tho this subforum
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:46:10 pm by Babelfish »

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:43 pm »
If I bought a sword and then posted a youtube video of me chopping some wood with it, maybe cutting up my neighbour's cat, could I then get a buff for 2handers?

Or I can make one of me hiding from an archer (due to production costs there won't be an archer, it'll just be me) in the woods for about 2 hours, so then we can reduce archery accuracy to simulate everyone on the team being really sneaky.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Bensbane

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boobiland
  • Game nicks: Bensbane
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:36 pm »
Bensbane, correct me if im wrong, but did you just base some of your post on some douche-bags playing the 'science guy' on youtube?  :lol:

*edit after reading etc*

Nope, you're absolutly right,.. but still, did those arrows pierced Mail coat ? They did, right ? That's enought for what I was trying to expose.

I am sorry you didn't understand it.

My English seams to be worth than I though :-X

If I bought a sword and then posted a youtube video of me chopping some wood with it, maybe cutting up my neighbour's cat, could I then get a buff for 2handers?

Or I can make one of me hiding from an archer (due to production costs there won't be an archer, it'll just be me) in the woods for about 2 hours, so then we can reduce archery accuracy to simulate everyone on the team being really sneaky.

Nope, but if you make one were we can see you slashing 20 Cats in one minute, with a 1m40 steel sword and running at the same type with a 19Kg bag to simulate your armor wheight without getting exhaust and zig zigging throw a guy with a bow trying to kill you, I think you will worth your buff ;)

PS : Sorry, I wrote :" zig zigging throw a guy " I meant zig zAgging between the arrows the guy would shoot at you :-X Zig zigging throw somebody must be a strange experience...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:52:32 pm by Bensbane »