Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 32162 times)

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2011, 04:15:24 pm »
The problem now is that it takes 5 arrows to kill a guy in 2.6k G Studded Leather Coat, I know cause I wear one too. The porblem is it even takes more to kill someone in mail armors which are easily upkeeped. I would like to see a bit more damage to arrows yes.

Aim higher:P

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »
hmm why do i get killed by 3 arrows then? and u forget the totaly lameness of a ranged strike stunning you, u stop walking u stop blocking u stop attacking, so its already great support, once again i say u arent meant to be a robin hood one/2shoting everything and being like whooop whoop whooop look i cant be touched but i can kill all from a distance without needing eny real reflexes or skills, if youve played enyshooter in the past , archery is an eazy ride after 2 days practice , and tbh its still op if ur pure archer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2011, 04:17:50 pm »
arrow damage is fine, I'm using a nomad bow and having no problems, -1 on the damage was no big deal to me. The slower arrow speed just took some getting used to... All in all I don't see what you guys are complaining about, you can still spam arrows into a crowd from a safe distance like a true archer & get kills.

STOP Crying, no one wants you to be able to kill everyone from miles away, that is not game balance for a melee oriented game. Go play some FPS shooter where you get a high powered sniper rifle and one hit everyone you click on.
Archers were support units who fired in VOLLEYS to hit there targets, maybe you should try this with a bunch of other archers if you're having trouble AIMING with your RETICLE ... IMO archers shouldn't even have a reticle it's so ridiculous. But anyways, continue your whine maybe the devs will make arrows kill everything and everyone again.

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »
hmm why do i get killed by 3 arrows then? and u forget the totaly lameness of a ranged strike stunning you, u stop walking u stop blocking u stop attacking, so its already great support, once again i say u arent meant to be a robin hood one/2shoting everything and being like whooop whoop whooop look i cant be touched but i can kill all from a distance without needing eny real reflexes or skills, if youve played enyshooter in the past , archery is an eazy ride after 2 days practice , and tbh its still op if ur pure archer

Thats just a lot of crap what you said...

EDIT
With PD5 + Strong Bow I need 2 arrows to kill naked guy, to make myself clear
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:24:33 pm by AssPunisher »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2011, 04:25:19 pm »

EDIT
With PD5 + Strong Bow I need 2 arrows to kill naked guy, to make myself clearer

PD 4 + Nomad Bow I need 2 arrows to kill a naked guy, to make myself clearerer

.. am I godly or what?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »
The problem now is that it takes 5 arrows to kill a guy in 2.6k G Studded Leather Coat, I know cause I wear one too. The porblem is it even takes more to kill someone in mail armors which are easily upkeeped. I would like to see a bit more damage to arrows yes.

Bullshit, I have lamellar armor + mail gloves, so 42 body armor and still die in 3 shots.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »

PD 4 + Nomad Bow I need 2 arrows to kill a naked guy, to make myself clearerer

.. am I godly or what?

About the naked guy thing.

Both of you keep in mind that not everyone is the same level and has the same build.

level 1 naked peasant =/= level 31 naked knight with 10 IF  :rolleyes:

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31:58 pm »

maybe so , im just speaking my truth, and tbh i think more people see it from my perspective, im looking at the big picture, i dont come in here whining about my 2hander class allthough its arguably the hardest to play atm. all archers whining are just whining because they got weaker, its a human thing, not wanting to go backwards, but if u look at what chadz is doing and the team they are trying to make the battlefield fun and also somewhat fought as it used to be historicly seen. archers didnt go solo on a roof killing tons of infantry, they stuck together and where
 more artilary on a certain patch of land, but be my guest to keep on complaining , that imo is the real crap, all i see is complaints without good arguments why it should stay the way it is, or change,

my 2 cents only post if u are looking from a neutral perspective and want to see the whole battlefield being fun/ballanced, dont come posting here from a class specific perspective
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:35:15 pm by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2011, 04:32:45 pm »
Bullshit, I have lamellar armor + mail gloves, so 42 body armor and still die in 3 shots.

My ass you do. Unless we get a dmg penalty while riding a horse because as a horse archer I usually give up after 5 hits on lamellar and other +10k armors. Getting hit by a xbow is a different story so pay attention  next time you die in 3 shots.

Besides some reliable damage calculator would be nice.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:34:18 pm by AssPunisher »

Offline Ethaor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »
I'm kinda okay with the ammo nerf, as far as i know an archer in medieval times couldn't wear hundreds of arrows with him. As for the damage well it's everything but realistic but i guess it's a necessary thing to keep things balanced. Now to the speed rating nerf, well i'm not too fond of it, it's already imo taking forever with the warbow to reach the point where you can release an accurate shot to just see most of your arrows be a miss. I'm using the warbow cauze i like its design and seems to me like the funniest bow to use and fun is everything ain't it?

I'm okay not being able to kill anyone, i'm an archer, supposed to be a support class, not kikoololroxor dps class, i got used to the fact that if i kill anyone it's most of the time because i had a good window on some guy who was already hurt and to be honest i've come to realize that my main goal in-game isn't to grab kills and climb the board ladder but rather to bring down horses, keep other archers busy, try to scatter or slow incoming infantry rush and interrupt ennemies movements/attacks in order for my team's infantry to gain an adventage, in other words just brings in the ennemy field a bit of panic. I know i can't really kill anyone on my own and am not THE threat melee classes, i know i am just annoying to them and i just try to be that just as much as i can, if in the process i got a kill that's good, but that's random. Just for the record a melee who gets to me can 2 shot me at worst and one cav strike is enough to bring me down given the speed bonus, so they're a bit more than just "annoying" to me :P. Still i'm okay with it i try to adapt and i'm here for the fun anyway.

What i can take out of all this is the fact that okay i realize i'm not here to deal dmg but if unlike other classes i'm not a real threat hell i'd like to be able to at least do my job right and actually hit the thing i aim at without being a no-life talented and over-skilled pure-built archer and to me, that's arrow speed. I mean come one, we're no threat in terms of damage, ppl just zig-zag, there are a lot of shields out there (which already magically protect heads and feets alike) and we've to evaluate the height and distance well enough for our arrows to actually land near the guy, wich most of the time recquires at least 1 "free" evaluating shot.

I know it's not rly about realism but just for the record in medieval times i hear the average arrows used to fly around 133fps, abit less than Xbow's bolts, Xbows weren't stronger in terms of dmg, arrows were more deadly since they were way heavier although Xbows could shoot way further but bows were way more accurate and both just couldn't peirce the tickiest plate armor, just leather and mail most of the time. So really, i think that having a good arrow speed would balance the fact that we're absolutly no threat to mail and plate guys and others just zig-zag or got magical shields, and that's if the shot land. Sure archers are annoying, that's the goal, but please stop whinning about OPed archers just because you don't like being annoyed, how long as it been since you've seen an archer in the top 3 board and how many kills do you melee guys grab each round by getting though a soft skin archer? Just consider that.

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2011, 05:14:13 pm »
I've been messing around with the dmg calculator and I think horse archers get the same penalty as mounted polearms. SO if thats true, then you were guys also right and I want my horse archer dmg to be equal as foot archers'.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »
I actually had a single player game that was going rather well.

Anyways:

You know archery is bad when the people that used to spam arrows with a longbow switch to throwing instead. Or maybe that says something about the person playing the archer in the first place...

have to agree with you lorn

chadz I actually like this alot.  Get rid of the randomness so more skill involved.  Leading targets is what all good archcers should do.  Dont need to add more damage, but more accuracy with slower shoot speed actually would be great and would make it more of a skill then a spamfest.  Thanks.

and not too long after that comment you roll back as a thrower
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Ando

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2011, 05:24:01 pm »
The only ideea that i saw in this topic is to get dmg and speed and range back to archer but to eliminate the reticle.Its realistic and u cannot acuze someoane of being a sniper automatic rifle.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2011, 05:32:21 pm »
The only ideea that i saw in this topic is to get dmg and speed and range back to archer but to eliminate the reticle.Its realistic and u cannot acuze someoane of being a sniper automatic rifle.

You can't get rid of the reticle, its too easy to just put a piece of tape in the middle of your screen and use that as a reticle instead. I know because I used to do this with blind sniping on FPS games.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »

cut dmg is realy realistic .... people only claim realistic when it boost there view and if not, they just call gameplay over realistic so you have no point
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !