Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 30305 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2011, 05:15:30 pm »
The bow graphic has no relation to its aiming. I logged in once and for some reason my reticule was gone. I found that I could predict the path (approximately) by aiming to where the line of my polearm on my back intersected an imaginary line running through the center of my character, approximately 2 inches above my players head.

If the graphics for bow were designed like iron sights, great. However, bring back laser pinpoint WPF accuracy to 150 WPF with the best strongest bow at PD10 if you decide to implement it. Damage is fine. Having both no way to aim PLUS having a COF 5 inches wide would just be penalizing archers to be penalizing them.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »
chadz is the best troll ever... Just with two pics he wakes up the flames between archers and melees!!
He was boring, and the forum needed some drama, job done.

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
The bow graphic has no relation to its aiming. I logged in once and for some reason my reticule was gone. I found that I could predict the path (approximately) by aiming to where the line of my polearm on my back intersected an imaginary line running through the center of my character, approximately 2 inches above my players head.

If the graphics for bow were designed like iron sights, great. However, bring back laser pinpoint WPF accuracy to 150 WPF with the best strongest bow at PD10 if you decide to implement it. Damage is fine. Having both no way to aim PLUS having a COF 5 inches wide would just be penalizing archers to be penalizing them.

My Glaive gets Exactly in front of my crosshair when i'm on foot. I know what to do if the crosshair disappears.

You see, melee don't want to be hit. And if they are hit they don't to be that much damaged by it. Doing as much as they can to make it hard for shooters and reaching that limit, they whine on the forums to make archers hit them less.

If ranged are actually forced to go into 1st person to fight the other classes should also be forced to be in 1st person to fight.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »
So you just put the crosshair back in. big deal.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »
I love how everyone trembles in fear of 1st person view.  :lol:

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2011, 10:47:02 pm »
I am totally sick when playing 1st person view footman (1st person archer in Native, when mostly staying - is ok). Not figuratively, really.
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2011, 10:52:36 pm »
I love how everyone trembles in fear of 1st person view.  :lol:

Archers should already play in 1st person mode, considering the 3rd person view crosshair is messed up.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2011, 03:01:41 am »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #293 on: February 17, 2011, 12:00:42 pm »
Aslong as I can still fire my bow in third person on my HA I don't care if a reticule is there or not, fuck first person in Mount and Blade, most horrible first person ever, not to mention it will make alot of people happy that HA will be useless if only first person shooting is allowed, which I certainly can't allow to happen  :lol:.

Plus the Vikingr team took out crosshairs, but people knew how to put the crosshair back in themselves, wonder if this will be the case or if the mighty chadz has completely covered that aspect.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #294 on: February 17, 2011, 12:46:06 pm »
Well, not sure about crosshair (not like you need it, its centered in 1st person, you can make a "mechanical" one), but I'm fairly sure you won't be able to get out of first person.

A handicap for horse ranged? Yes. It's not much of a problem firing in the front, but shooting to the side and especially to the back will be risky since you don't know where you are going, and have little awareness then. I remember doing it on purpose (riding around in 1st person view) with a crossbow riding through the village map, the feeling of speed is awesome, but of course, your situational awareness suffers.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:47:55 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #295 on: February 17, 2011, 03:37:08 pm »
Aslong as I can still fire my bow in third person on my HA I don't care if a reticule is there or not, fuck first person in Mount and Blade, most horrible first person ever, not to mention it will make alot of people happy that HA will be useless if only first person shooting is allowed, which I certainly can't allow to happen  :lol:.

Plus the Vikingr team took out crosshairs, but people knew how to put the crosshair back in themselves, wonder if this will be the case or if the mighty chadz has completely covered that aspect.
+1
even know Horse Archery is difficult, only good ones can really hurt you but in first person it will be even harder to impossible to do anything as an HA