Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 32156 times)

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2011, 10:16:47 am »
For testing purposes (with Longbow) I used my alt character - and spent all point to PD (so have 11 PD).
No difference at all. Or you shoot immediately when crosshair minimized or don't shoot at all (start aiming again).

P.s. unfortunately developers removed single play options and didn't sad how now working game mechanics.
Earlier we used single player to test some features - now we can't.

I actually had a single player game that was going rather well.

Anyways:

You know archery is bad when the people that used to spam arrows with a longbow switch to throwing instead. Or maybe that says something about the person playing the archer in the first place...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2011, 10:31:07 am »
Anyways:

You know archery is bad when the people that used to spam arrows with a longbow switch to throwing instead. Or maybe that says something about the person playing the archer in the first place...
I am feeling what you sad something wise (may be ironic or, even, sarcastic). Feeling but can't proof ^) - cos don't fully understand your idea.
May you don't use "figurative meaning" or other high educated methods of interaction between peoples - and just say in plain text what you want to say?
Let I - dirty uneducated boy from small forgotten village with no school and electricity - could understand (firstly) you text,
and then, obliviously, appreciate the beauty of your logical buildings and clarity of you mind.

Could you please write it simpler?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:42:14 am by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2011, 10:40:32 am »
Uhhhh wat an Pissing on each others Leg calm down guys or are you still was to heavy stuff to read it all!

Sooo BTP: OK i played the Howl night my Archer class and i think the Shoot speed is really a bit to slow i can take the less damage and the less Arrows and higher Costs but i disagree with taking away the ability to Support Teammates in Meele Fights i did 4 TK tonight and i hate TKing like Bitch Hell!Before i was doing 1 - 2 a Day!The Problem is Forced to the slower Arrow the Teammate is sometimes on a complete different Place like  the Time i realized the shot!

And before someone says "Than dont shoot into meele"  i will tell him i Love to do that and in 90% i or better we get the enemy down so....DONT TRY TO TAKE THAT WAWAY FROM ME!!!!!^^

BTW:The Thing with the Arrows Flying thou People i have seen that often!Another nerf????Or is it the Ping by Highpingers?Anyways it would be nice if it get Fixed!

EDIT:1 last question can it be that the overall range is lowered too with this Arrowspeednerf??It feels like the arrows fly more shorter now!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:05:10 am by Beleidiger »

Offline BenMoonlight

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ben_Moonlight, Tumet, Benelos
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2011, 10:56:32 am »
I'll keep playing archer because i like it, that's challenge, i prefer that than melee fights.
But by now, perform a kill is pretty hard. When you hit an ennemy, and i insist on the "When", it just stuns him for... 1 or 2 seconds.
On the left text, the only kills i see made with a bow are on peasants, or very low armored guys.

I like this game for being realistic. I used to like this mod because it was bringing more realism.
But now, i'm forced to admit that archery in this mod is not like in reality at all. It seems that now, we have hundreds of Boromir-like in front of us. No,n those guys are even better than Boromir (yep, remember, Boromir, him, died after 3 arrows... You think that's unreal ? Well, look at Crpg...).

I don't really know who can make modifications on the mod, but could he inquire about history and realism ? i understand that he has to test some things in order to get a balanced game, but mount & blade is one of my favorite games because of his realism. His respect to the true, to history. Should balance be more important than realism ? well, my choice is clear, i vote for realism, that's the game's soul. Keep looking for balance, but beware about realism in the next patch, would be appreciated. Don't fall into excess.

EDIT : I also noticed that some of my shots were simply passing threw the ennemy, without any dammage or stun effect. maybe lag ? that was my first opinion...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:57:47 am by BenMoonlight »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2011, 11:07:57 am »
I'll keep playing archer because i like it, that's challenge, i prefer that than melee fights.
But by now, perform a kill is pretty hard. When you hit an ennemy, and i insist on the "When", it just stuns him for... 1 or 2 seconds.
On the left text, the only kills i see made with a bow are on peasants, or very low armored guys.

I like this game for being realistic. I used to like this mod because it was bringing more realism.
But now, i'm forced to admit that archery in this mod is not like in reality at all. It seems that now, we have hundreds of Boromir-like in front of us. No,n those guys are even better than Boromir (yep, remember, Boromir, him, died after 3 arrows... You think that's unreal ? Well, look at Crpg...).

I don't really know who can make modifications on the mod, but could he inquire about history and realism ? i understand that he has to test some things in order to get a balanced game, but mount & blade is one of my favorite games because of his realism. His respect to the true, to history. Should balance be more important than realism ? well, my choice is clear, i vote for realism, that's the game's soul. Keep looking for balance, but beware about realism in the next patch, would be appreciated. Don't fall into excess.

EDIT : I also noticed that some of my shots were simply passing threw the ennemy, without any dammage or stun effect. maybe lag ? that was my first opinion...

That Urukai shooting Boromir probably had 30str and 10 Powerdraw. So if you can kill people with 3 Arrows now everything is ok ;)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2011, 11:08:26 am »
No, actually I think that is good thing, shooting into melee should not be possible without huge risks. Just wait until the ninja catches a slash, when he runs away and starts throwing shit you have a good opportunity to oneshot him and get archery nerfed again.  :lol:
Arrows flying through people is just a bug that has always been around.

And yeah, I'd like some more information disclosed, how to build an archer now. Not correct formula, but some confirmed pointer what PD does beyond increasing damage, what WPF does, requirements to use bow effectively.
For melee that's easy, but if I can't use the bow I want effectively and need to go lower because I spend points wrongly and have to retire/delete the char that kind of sucks.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:44 am »
Hey why not split this mod up?
1st part for infantry only ( noone shots you 2hs, isnt it heaven?, btw NO flying projectiles because in course of time one of the 2hs will wipe out throwers)
2nd all chars (but noone crys about archers)
chadz and his 2hs mates could play the whole day and were living in happyness  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:30:43 am by Lanic0r »

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2011, 11:31:25 am »
I agree with BenMoonlight.

Archery is more chalenging and fun to play now (no more heat seeking arrows) but damage is questionable. With PD 5 + HA 4 + Strong bow & Khergit arrows it takes no less than 5 arrows to kill a guy wearing a Studded Leather Coat which costs only 2.6k G (I wear one myself) not to mention mail armors that are very easy to upkeep and almost every melee guy has one. On the other hand it takes me around 2-4 arrows to take down a light horse which seems fair enough and shouldn't be made any easier, in my opinion.

Did I say it takes 2 arrows to kill naked guy? Thats just wrong :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:54:46 am by AssPunisher »

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2011, 12:02:17 pm »
(click to show/hide)
This game lost its realistic in my opinion since i have seen 2h full plated and spaming in high frequency evry player to death.
Its ok to say: hey, he has athletics 10 so dont be surprised. I wonder what will happen if evryone has athletics X spaming around, but its infantry, they dont deserve a heavy nerf!
Ye i like the realism of flying projectiles too. i love to shot extreme ranged and hit someone . This is skill and needs prediction, knowledge about the projectiles speed,curve and a 2h who doesent care about shields (a dumb).
Realism is to implement cardio (fitness, endurance... whatever)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:12:26 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2011, 12:05:10 pm »
there is nothing wrong with killing naked guy in two arrows, they are yust arrown not jarids or balista missiles anyway.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2011, 12:05:45 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2011, 12:06:27 pm »
That's interesting, because all 2 handers seem to think it's archers....

So if it's a case of 2 handers are the main threats to 2 handers, you wont mind if archers don't have the now slower flight speed of arrows?
Since you can't manual block arrows, I didn't include throwers or archers in my extremely deep analysis.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2011, 12:08:31 pm »
Nerf Archers they are OP
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2011, 12:11:38 pm »
there is nothing wrong with killing naked guy in two arrows, they are yust arrown not jarids or balista missiles anyway.
Top tier bow (3rd upgrade) + top arrow + 11 PS  = and it is ok? To kill naked man fron 2 shot?
Here is NO more powefull bow - all other (all 27 other modifications) much worse

What to say then... nothing

P.s. btw - it is very interresting - but I feel myself comforatble (in current situation) with low PD req. bow - like Khergit (for example).
But other bows must have their advantages (and be usuable) too. It is bad - when 99% using only part of bow line.
Now Khergit bow have nice accuracy, good speed (according to other bow :) ). Enough dmg to kill some people by headshot.
And give possibility to make this headshot (speed and accuracy).
Very strange.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:19:02 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher